RCCL Sailing Grandeur out of Barbados will Celebrity use Bridgtown as a Port

emmas gran

This would be great for UK cruisers as the flights are pretty similary priced and would avoid using Miami which is a real chore with immigration. 

Fewer sea days would be attractive.

We did an Airtours cruise out of Jamaica in 1999 so imagine that island has capability too. 

It would be a shame if US cruisers had ridiculous flights cost to Barbados. Although after paying as much to get to Cancun from Miami as I had to get to there from London for a second leg holiday post - Equinox cruise I can imagine.

Do Silversea not use Barbados?

On 1/13/2021 at 10:54 PM, lifeisrealygood said:

Celebrity using Barbados as a Home Port may be something they must do if they still want to cruise the Southern Caribbean.  You can't do a seven night cruise to any of the Southern Caribbean ports out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale.  Eastern or Western Caribbean, yes, but, Southern Caribbean, no.

In the past, San Juan has been used to go to the Southern Caribbean for seven nights.  Since the CDC is saying seven nights is the maximum one is allowed to cruise, Celebrity must find a port in the southern Caribbean to use as their home port.  San Juan being a US port may not be possible.  So, St Lucia, Antigua, Grenada, Barbados, St Vincent, Aruba. Bonnaire, Curacao, etc are all possible home ports to use for seven night Southern Caribbean sailings.  

So, in my opinion, this is Celebrity and Royal finding a home port that they can utilize to do seven day sailings from.  I believe if the 7 night restrictions were lifted, they would go back to using Miami or Fort Lauderdale, and resume 9, 10, or 12 night cruises as in the past.  

Based on previous postings here, the cruises they are talking about are 14 night cruises.  It does, however, offer them an alternative port to use for longer cruises which are not out of the US so CDC rules do not apply at all.

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Old  Royal C ship.

Great Port...could stay a week pre or post cruise for a nice land and sea vacation   Maybe X could  move an M Class ship there???

My thoughts too. We enjoyed an overnight stop there a few years ago while on the Eclipse, but a week pre- or post-cruise would be lovely.