Fort Lauderdale pre cruise

cantgetaname

First time in Fort Lauderdale (April 2022)   Planning on the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina pre cruise (Royal Caribbean Odyssey).   Will probably arrange a shuttle or take a taxi from the airport to hotel.  Is there anywhere close to walk to from the Hilton Marina to eat?   I'm assuming a taxi or uber is probably the cheapest way to get to the Port|?   Or does anyone know if they have a shuttle to Port?

48 minutes ago, KreinKrunker said:

Since the Water Taxi stops at the the Marina you can just hop on that and travel around the whole town.

Water Taxi | Map and Schedule

Check the Water Taxi website (https://watertaxi.com/save/) for discounts on food in restaurants near water taxi stops.

There are plenty of restaurants along 17th Street near your hotel too.  Check out https://www.sunny.org/dining-and-nightlife/restaurants/.

Hilton Marina does have a shuttle to the port.  The water taxi stops right at the hotel, the stop is under the bridge.  Coconuts is a good choice for dinner if you're going to take the water taxi.  Plenty of restaurants within walking distance on 17th St.  

We often use Uber or Lyft instead of a hotel shuttle.  In the pre COVID days when the port was full of ships the hotel shuttles often involved waiting around the hotel and then getting packed into a van with lots of folks.  They also need to load and unload tons of luggage.  Once you get to the port you might also find yourself sitting around as the van works it's way from ship to ship.  Since Uber/Lyft is relatively inexpensive and very convenient we find it is worth the money.

Hank

1 hour ago, cantgetaname said:

I'm assuming High floor water view is my best chance, and then requesting south side when I arrive to check in?

High and south side will be in high demand, and they will be given to people with status, typically. If they offer a port view level room category, you should probably book it.