Is Anyone Actually Booking a Cunard Cruise ?

Winchester Ranger

4 hours ago, Sixfielder said:

We are booked on QV for the Med on 5th June.  I find the Cunard website at best difficult to navigate and find up-to-date info.  I understand that Cunard are not currently accepting any further bookings except for cruises sailing after 21st June.  

We're hoping to go on QE on 14th June out of Southampton. You are correct they are no longer taking bookings for this trip. I've just logged in to see if they've added updates to Mycruise/Login and there's a note:- 

"please be aware that we will be significantly reducing the number of guests on our first voyages following the pause in operations to better enable a smooth return to sailing. We have reduced the number of available staterooms and suites on these voyages accordingly."

The biggest hurdle for cruise lines for 2021 sailings, will be whether they can get hold of vaccines for their largely Philippine and Indian workforce.

5 hours ago, Sixfielder said:

...  Will dining be restricted to 2 to a table (we are travelling with our business partner and his wife)? 

My travel agent has been informed that we can dine with anyone we are travelling with, not just people in the same cabin. Cunard must be informed prior to embarkation as to the names of those who wish to dine together.

29 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

My travel agent has been informed that we can dine with anyone we are travelling with, not just people in the same cabin. Cunard must be informed prior to embarkation as to the names of those who wish to dine together.

Not quite accurate I'm afraid.

Quote from Cunard. (emphasis mine)

"If you are travelling with friends and family, please let us know at the time of booking so that we can link your parties to form one travelling group up to a maximum number allowed by UK Government guidelines at the time of sailing."

At the moment the maximum number from more than one household that can mix together indoors is zero.  Hopefully that may change by the time of sailing, but it's not as simple as giving Cunard a list of names.

1 minute ago, Colin_Cameron said:

"If you are travelling with friends and family, please let us know at the time of booking so that we can link your parties to form one travelling group up to a maximum number allowed by UK Government guidelines at the time of sailing."

At the moment the maximum number from more than one household that can mix together indoors is zero.  Hopefully that may change by the time of sailing, but it's not as simple as giving Cunard a list of names.

Based on last week's Covid 'roadmap' announcement, I would expect the changes to be announced on or about May 17th.  If all goes as planned, the UK will be dropping Covid lockdown restrictions by June 21st.

The US is not quite as aggressive on vaccine delivery, but I am hoping that the CDC and other regulators will adapt to changing infection / vaccination rates and relax their restrictions, coordinating  with the UK's changes. In particular dropping the CDC '8 day sailing' restrictions so my booked 19 night sailing can go ahead.

I have emailed Cunard and heard nothing.  I really expected better.  My wife has to decide whether to book leave or not by the end of this month and she doesn't want to sit at home for two weeks if they are not going to sail, appreciating we might be able to go somewhere else non-cruise.  I also heard that Cunard need to know 3 months in advance of resumption of sailings in order to roster the ships.  

On 3/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, Colin_Cameron said:

The message we received from Cunard's U.S. office pertains to a one-way voyage from Québec to New York in October. At the moment, that voyage is not likely to happen because of the Canadian government ban on cruise ships that is  in effect until Feb. of next year. That ban, as has been discussed in other threads, can be rescinded depending on the state of the pandemic. There are other concerns, of course, such as the opening of U.S. ports to cruise ships and the availability of travel insurance if government advisories are still in effect.