Is Anyone Actually Booking a Cunard Cruise ?

Winchester Ranger

Like most people on 2020 QM2 world cruise and then 3 cancelled bookings, we have plenty of FCC's. 

We have booked QV half world cruise Sydney to Southampton for March 2022 and then 11 July 21 QV Round Britain and Iceland cruise.

We are hoping that both cruises will go ahead but not confident about

July one.

Our daughter who lives in Sydney says that the government are considering keeping their borders closed into 2022. Luckily we have

our flights are being arranged by Cunard, so if we can't fly in, then we will

be left with loads of FCC to spend and we will look at 2023 world cruise.

Lets hope that vaccines will be the saviour of cruising.

I just sent an email to my TA about a little 3 day cruise from Vancouver to SF in 2022. YAY!  We had a similar trip scheduled and for last year. Love these little cruises to/from SF and it'll give us a chance to experience a new ship, as of the current fleet, we've only traveled on Mary.

YAY!

• Like 1

Yes! I am booked on 7-day, UK cruise, on Queen Elizabeth in June 21. I booked on 2nd January in a mad moment of needing something to look forward to. No idea if it will sail but until it's actually cancelled it's stored away in the back of my mind to be thought about every now and then during these very dark times. Stay safe. Best wishes. Jane. X

• Like 2

After we didnt get to go on QV last November we've money in the pot but really dont think anything will sail this summer, but am tempted to wade into a Baltic on QV at the end of August just so i can have something to look forward to and plan for, but then i think well what if it gets cancelled i'll be just so depressed, it sure is a quandry?? DH and i were discussing the subject last night whilst watching Seven Seas Explorer Billionaire Cruise on TV last night, we've now got almost 2yrs worth of cruise money saved so maybe we'll wait until 2022 and go for a real big humdinger of a cruise!!

I've booked our first Cunard cruise for Nov this year. Like everyone else, no idea whether it will go ahead or not, but gives us something to look forward to. I think there is probably a 20% chance, so not feeling terribly optimistic about it.

I've got a TA booked for April 2022. I booked in November, as a combo birthday present/consolation prize as it was looking more and more likely that nothing was going to be happening in 2021. 

Fully refundable deposit, and final payment isn't due until 25 Dec, 2021, so I've got loads of time, and can change my mind easily. 

We are also booked on a westbound QM2, Apr 2022, but like others, we didn't have to put any more money down; just used the FCC that we purchased on Queen Victoria in 2019.  Fingers crossed; we want to spend Easter with family in Northern Ireland, then sail home.  The tuxedo is feeling neglected!

Karen

22 hours ago, Reuben's 3rd said:

We are also booked on a westbound QM2, Apr 2022, but like others, we didn't have to put any more money down; just used the FCC that we purchased on Queen Victoria in 2019.  Fingers crossed; we want to spend Easter with family in Northern Ireland, then sail home.  The tuxedo is feeling neglected!

Karen

Fingers crossed that I'll see you on board! (Since AFAIK, there's only one WB TA in April 2022...) 

Sailing solo is not for me until shared dining tables can return - that and other restrictions can be lifted.

At this point anybody who books as to presume 1) there is a good chance that Cunard will cancel the cruise and 2) the onboard covid restrictions will still be in place.

• Like 1

We are booked for Dec 21.   We will be vaccinated, get our first dose tomorrow.   I am looking forward to December on the QM2, even with COVID restrictions.    I love the ship and being at sea even if we must wear masks and be socially distant.    We have flown four times this year and wore masks in the airport and on the flights.    We dealt with it.   

We're booked for January 2022, Dubai to Singapore.  The only restriction that would bother me unduly would be having to only go on Cunard-organised port trips.  Hopefully that won't be in place by then, but if it is, I'll deal with it.

We are booked on the QM2 departing Brooklyn Dec. 3, 2021 for back-to-backs that return us to Brooklyn.  Just yesterday I rented an apartment in Brooklyn for the month prior to departure.  This all assumes that life will improve between now and then.  We are very much eager to experience the QM2 magic once again, especially on a TA!

13 hours ago, tv24 said:

We are booked on the QM2 departing Brooklyn Dec. 3, 2021 for back-to-backs that return us to Brooklyn.  Just yesterday I rented an apartment in Brooklyn for the month prior to departure.  This all assumes that life will improve between now and then.  We are very much eager to experience the QM2 magic once again, especially on a TA!

You have much more faith than me for this year  cruising normally[if at all] ..........i am one cunard press release away from canceling our xmass carib qm2 cruise in dec. 21.  

• Like 1

June 16, 2021; QM2 Eastbound TA. Whyever not? The Cunard website actually talks about the measures to be taken on their early crossings. Final payment is next week.

Might as well enjoy the dream, preparing is half the fun.

If they cancel, I’ll bump to July 6, then to August 1.

Two things might stop it, both out of Cunard’s control.

1. Will the US allow the QM2 to arrive in Brooklyn?

2. Will the U.K. PERMIT US citizens to enter?

i get my second jab this week. Having the vaccine, I feel that a recovery can be just around the corner. Things could change quickly.

Cross Fingers.

16 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

Two things might stop it, both out of Cunard’s control.

1. Will the US allow the QM2 to arrive in Brooklyn?

2. Will the U.K. PERMIT US citizens to enter?

What about 3. Will the US permit UK/EU Citizens to enter?

I've got three or four Cunard trips stacked up depending how you count it. (The first trip is two one-way crossings, booked that way for a better deal, but may be a factor in the 7 day maximum US requirement).

..and I better get on one of 'em to justify the Cunard logo face masks I bought a few months ago and the gold Apple Watch band I specifically got for Royal Cunard Ball dress code on a crossing.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, Mudhen said:

Aug. 22, 2012 QM2...3 weeks( one over, one to Norway, one back to NY) Only deposit. Hoping this might actually happen, but am resigned to the fact that there's an excellent chance it won't go. Figure if we throw enough "stuff" at the wall, eventually something will stick.

We are on the 8/22 crossing, returning on the 9/24 🤞 

we have a June 14th 2021 QE  booked - its the last left with Cunard  -- I would be happy if it went as a no port scenic cruise at the moment. Still waiting for Celeb to let us know whats happening with our Aug Sep- New England& Canada which I'm  99.9% sure is gone.   Then the last booking is  Dec Christmas Canaries.

Its getting more and more frustrating - we seem to be taking 1 step forward with great success re vaccines yet still manage to then take 4 steps backwards every other day..  The world has I believe gone mad.. Lets see if the picture becomes clearer when the so called roadmap appears on the 22nd Feb.

Before Xmas we booked QE for 10 nights out of Southampton from 14th June. Got my first jab at Plymouth Argyle football ground last Friday. The big marquee they used had a space heater which took the nip out of the air.

Got an email from Cunard to say that final balance not required until 30 days before departure. A very generous gesture or maybe they're getting load'sa cancellations 🙂