Booking a Cruise

Hi

We are wanting to book a cruise for September 2022 for the 2 of us and come a few weeks time the twins who will be about a year and a half and I was wondering a few things 

- If I book a cruise for the start of May 2021 and it gets cancelled would that mean a 125% FCC which I could then use for sept 22. And even if it did sail then I could cancel upto 48 hours before so seems like a win win unless I am missing something 

- it would just be me and my wife on the booking if I done that but can I use the FCC towards the twins cruise fair when I re book with FCC

- Is the FCC for the full amount if I paid in full or do they refund the taxes or refund some if it’s only the deposit due at the point they cancel. So If u book cruise for 2000 would they then give FCC for 2500 or is it part voucher part refund

- can the FCC be used to book promotions

I’m  sure  a few people must be doing this. Let me know if there is any cons to this 

Edited by Garyjames220

@Ourusualbeachwould know the sail by date of a newly issued fcc. I'm not sure the date you need to sail by. 

I have mixed feelings about fccs, but I read they will be more shareable in the future so might work out for you.

PS yes fcc is only for cruisefare. Taxes and port fees are refunded. 

Edited by firefly333

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

@Ourusualbeachwould know the sail by date of a newly issued fcc. I'm not sure the date you need to sail by. 

I have mixed feelings about fccs, but I read they will be more shareable in the future so might work out for you.

PS yes fcc is only for cruisefare. Taxes and port fees are refunded. 

so if I accept the FCC the full cruise will become a FCC apart from the port fees or if the cruise is cancelled before final payment is it just the deposit they make a FCC

2 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

so if I accept the FCC the full cruise will become a FCC apart from the port fees or if the cruise is cancelled before final payment is it just the deposit they make a FCC

No if there are 4 of you each gets their own fcc. That's what I meant they are more flexible and shareable when rebooking supposedly in the futjre

Edited by firefly333

6 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

If they cancel before you make final payment (which is highly unlikely) your FCC would be for the amount that you paid to date (less the port taxes/fees).   Port taxes/fees would be refunded to the credit card they have on file for you. 

13 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

We are wanting to book a cruise for September 2022 for the 2 of us and come a few weeks time the twins who will be about a year and a half and I was wondering a few things 

- If I book a cruise for the start of May 2021 and it gets cancelled would that mean a 125% FCC which I could then use for sept 22. And even if it did sail then I could cancel upto 48 hours before so seems like a win win unless I am missing something 

- it would just be me and my wife on the booking if I done that but can I use the FCC towards the twins cruise fair when I re book with FCC

- Is the FCC for the full amount if I paid in full or do they refund the taxes or refund some if it’s only the deposit due at the point they cancel. So If u book cruise for 2000 would they then give FCC for 2500 or is it part voucher part refund

- can the FCC be used to book promotions

I’m  sure  a few people must be doing this. Let me know if there is any cons to this 

Yes the FCC could be applied to a Sept 2022 cruise.  FCC’s now have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

if Roys” cancels the May cruise then you get 125% of the cruise fare.  Taxes and fees are refunded.

if it sails you can cancel 48 hours prior to the date of sailing and get a 100% FCC

13 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

The FCC will be for everything you paid except taxes and fees

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks everyone for that info

does anyone think it’s to risky as there is a high chance if cruises don’t start soon they could go bust

I no all cruises lines are struggling but I have no idea how close royal could be from bankruptcy 

also I thought the credit card can get you your money back in the event this does happen 

Just now, Garyjames220 said:

Thanks everyone for that info

does anyone think it’s to risky as there is a high chance if cruises don’t start soon they could go bust

I no all cruises lines are struggling but I have no idea how close royal could be from bankruptcy 

also I thought the credit card can get you your money back in the event this does happen 

Personally I dont think it's a high risk. The stock would be selling much much lower if there was a big risk of bankruptcy . Also in the past they just issued more stock or bonds to increase cash. It's never been hard, but if you are holding stock it's worth less due to dilution. 

I really think insiders would know and you would see a lot more insider selling and a lot lower stock price. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes the FCC could be applied to a Sept 2022 cruise.  FCC’s now have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022.

if Roys” cancels the May cruise then you get 125% of the cruise fare.  Taxes and fees are refunded.

if it sails you can cancel 48 hours prior to the date of sailing and get a 100% FCC

so I can also use that FCC towards the twins that won’t be on our first booking ?

and it’s ok on promotions

1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:

so I can also use that FCC towards the twins that won’t be on our first booking ?

If only 2 of you on the cancelled may cruise, then you will get 2 fccs.

Sometimes kids sail free and ourusualbeach has said more family sharing will be allowed. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

If only 2 of you on the cancelled may cruise, then you will get 2 fccs.

Sometimes kids sail free and ourusualbeach has said more family sharing will be allowed. 

FCC’s are now shareable.  If guest 1 has an FCC they can share it with guests 2, 3 and 4 even if 2, 3 and 4 have never sailed with Royal and weren’t on the original reservation.  It has nothing to do with families or kids. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Garyjames220,

Are you going to book directly with RCG, or through a Travel Agent, if a TA ensure that all monies paid are forwarded straight to RCG and not kept in a 'holding' account to be paid at a later date, because if that happens and the cruise is cancelled RCG will only refund whatever monies have actually been paid to them.

3 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Garyjames220,

Are you going to book directly with RCG, or through a Travel Agent, if a TA ensure that all monies paid are forwarded straight to RCG and not kept in a 'holding' account to be paid at a later date, because if that happens and the cruise is cancelled RCG will only refund whatever monies have actually been paid to them.

Good point, didn’t even notice the OP was from the other side of the pond. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Garyjames220,

It would be direct with royal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

We are wanting to book a cruise for September 2022 for the 2 of us....If I book a cruise for the start of May 2021 and it gets cancelled would that mean a 125% FCC which I could then use for sept 22. And even if it did sail then I could cancel upto 48 hours before so seems like a win win unless I am missing something....

I’m sure there are some gaming the system. Getting the 125% no to apply to future cruises.

This is also the reason why some have said cruises they had booked in 2021 are costing more on 2022.  RC is giving out a lot of these 125% FCC’s they need to make up the difference somewhere.  So it will either be higher cruise fares or more cuts in other areas.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

The last time I read the CWC it said you had to book by January 31.

You are talking about booking a cruise 20 months ahead and you have young children in the age of pandemics.

I will sometimes book that far ahead (and of course buy travel insurance) however I am retired so the only real variables for me  are my health (reason for travel insurance).

7 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

The last time I read the CWC it said you had to book by January 31.

You are talking about booking a cruise 20 months ahead and you have young children in the age of pandemics.

I will sometimes book that far ahead (and of course buy travel insurance) however I am retired so the only real variables for me  are my health (reason for travel insurance).

Changed earlier this week.  Book by April 30, 2021 for sailings departing by April 30, 2022 to be covered under CWC.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Changed earlier this week.  Book by April 30, 2021 for sailings departing by April 30, 2022 to be covered under CWC.

Do you have a link for this on Royal's website?  Everywhere I look it still says Jan. 31.

8 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Do you have a link for this on Royal's website?  Everywhere I look it still says Jan. 31.

This is from the TA’s website.  Not surprisingly the consumer website is slow to be updated.  This was announced Tuesday.  Also a link to the thread I posted Tuesday of the announcement. 

6A261264-BE4F-4B5E-8EC7-C18A3DD6A851.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach