Australia/New Zealand 2022-2023 Release: Celebrity Eclipse

snoozecrooze

As anticipated, since Celebrity moved Solstice to Asia, the South Pacific deployment continues to be slightly pared down.

Press release here:

"...the return of the award-winning Celebrity Eclipse in Australia and New Zealand for the 2022-23 season with a series of curated 5- to 18-night itineraries immersing guests in the natural wonders and sublime coastline of the land Down Under, along with the South Pacific’s enchanting tropical destinations."

The stated selling points for this season (with attached screenshots of some examples):

• A new, unique overnight opportunity in Hobart, Cairns and Adelaide for guests to take in the wonders of the magnificent surroundings and vibrant nightlife; (below voyage includes Adelaide overnight)
    • image.thumb.png.6110cad3998695afa42e01faca844a61.png
  • Longer stays in port with 8 p.m. departures from such popular destinations as Melbourne, Brisbane, Christchurch, Papeete and Maui;
  • Adding the scenic Port Arthur, Tasmania, one of Australia’s most notorious penal colonies and highly-lauded cultural sites, as a new port offering;
    • image.thumb.png.312ea990dbef521521a3450d02093767.png
  • The return of the popular Auckland to Fiji voyage, departing for the first time in January providing New Zealand guests the opportunity to enjoy this much-loved cruise for the January holiday season;
    • image.thumb.png.858b11d4b6624ca7108839de7fde138d.png
  • Three South Pacific island itineraries transporting guests to some of the world’s most beautiful islands - Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and more;
  • And, new transpacific sailings at the beginning and end of the season, luxuriously transporting guests between Honolulu and Sydney and crossing the international date line.

AU/NZ/South Pacific itineraries found here.

Transpacific itineraries found here.

30 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

As anticipated, since Celebrity moved Solstice to Asia, the South Pacific deployment continues to be slightly pared down.

Press release here:

"...the return of the award-winning Celebrity Eclipse in Australia and New Zealand for the 2022-23 season with a series of curated 5- to 18-night itineraries immersing guests in the natural wonders and sublime coastline of the land Down Under, along with the South Pacific’s enchanting tropical destinations."

The stated selling points for this season (with attached screenshots of some examples):

• A new, unique overnight opportunity in Hobart, Cairns and Adelaide for guests to take in the wonders of the magnificent surroundings and vibrant nightlife; (below voyage includes Adelaide overnight)
    • image.thumb.png.6110cad3998695afa42e01faca844a61.png
  • Longer stays in port with 8 p.m. departures from such popular destinations as Melbourne, Brisbane, Christchurch, Papeete and Maui;
  • Adding the scenic Port Arthur, Tasmania, one of Australia’s most notorious penal colonies and highly-lauded cultural sites, as a new port offering;
    • image.thumb.png.312ea990dbef521521a3450d02093767.png
  • The return of the popular Auckland to Fiji voyage, departing for the first time in January providing New Zealand guests the opportunity to enjoy this much-loved cruise for the January holiday season;
    • image.thumb.png.858b11d4b6624ca7108839de7fde138d.png
  • Three South Pacific island itineraries transporting guests to some of the world’s most beautiful islands - Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and more;
  • And, new transpacific sailings at the beginning and end of the season, luxuriously transporting guests between Honolulu and Sydney and crossing the international date line.

AU/NZ/South Pacific itineraries found here.

Transpacific itineraries found here.

Looks fantastic!  I have a TA in 2021 and a TP (Asian) in 2022, def going to do a South Pacific in 2023.  Thanks for sharing!

Looked at the itineraries and noticed no Sydney to Auckland (or vice versa).  Looks like I may need to look at a different line to replace my cancelled March 2021 (similar itinerary exists in 2022 but significantly more expensive).

Hi

We have already booked a back to back Australia/NZ for Feb 22 on Eclipse to replace one lost in 2020. Couple of questions someone here might be able to help answer

1. Is Eclipse going to get upgraded this year as people who travelled on her in Mar 20 describe her as tired

2. Currently have an unobstructed balcony on deck 7. Considering upgrading to a Sunset Veranda cabin on deck 8. Have no experience of these cabins, what makes them special? Has anyone here travelled in one?

Hopefully this is to be a special holiday for us, if COVID doesn’t stop it again, so anxious to get the best experienced so any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Liz

5 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but I looked through the new itineraries again and I found that there is an occasional voyage with this routing. 

Perhaps but not the dates I can go (sorry, should have made that clear). All the itineraries that were in the right timeframe were from Sydney returning to Sydney.

13 hours ago, iloveholidays said:

Is Eclipse going to get upgraded this year as people who travelled on her in Mar 20 describe her as tired

Hi Liz,

I can only add a bit about this one. It was reported on here that she would be entering dry dock later this year (she's already in Singapore) but given the lack of cashflow, I think Celebrity is only going to perform simple routine maintenance and add the new blue paintjob (similar to what's happening with the Solstice right now). By 2023, the Revolution will have probably occurred but as for now, I'm unsure when. 

9 hours ago, RickT said:

Perhaps but not the dates I can go (sorry, should have made that clear). All the itineraries that were in the right timeframe were from Sydney returning to Sydney.

No worries. Sorry that your trip didn't work out and best wishes to finding a great itinerary.

Edited by snoozecrooze

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 2:03 AM, iloveholidays said:

Hi

We have already booked a back to back Australia/NZ for Feb 22 on Eclipse to replace one lost in 2020. Couple of questions someone here might be able to help answer

1. Is Eclipse going to get upgraded this year as people who travelled on her in Mar 20 describe her as tired

2. Currently have an unobstructed balcony on deck 7. Considering upgrading to a Sunset Veranda cabin on deck 8. Have no experience of these cabins, what makes them special? Has anyone here travelled in one?

Hopefully this is to be a special holiday for us, if COVID doesn’t stop it again, so anxious to get the best experienced so any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Liz

.The Eclipse is in for routine maintenance and to get the  new exterior paint job. 
We were on the Eclipse in  Nov 2019 and didn’t see any area that appeared tired.

The cost to do the revolution of a  ship is in the $80million range not likely to happen in the near term.

The SV cabins are identical to the other verandas as far as size, decor & amenities.  What makes them special is just that you have a view of the wake.  We like looking at the wake but be aware that on the S Class ships it is a very long walk from the cabin to the elevators/stairs.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

Any ideas on what is happening with/to the cruise(s) prior to the April 22, 2023 Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Hawaii? Not finding them on the Celebrity website.

According to the ORIGINAL flyer that was posted when the 2023 cruises were released, there was SUPPOSED to be a New Caledonia sailing for 11 nights Sydney to Sydney starting 4/6/23.  (See below).  I checked the chartered ship list but it only goes thru May 2022.  Can't tell you what happened BUT there used to be a cruise for that time period and something for the 5 days after that according to the roll call.  Maybe the roll call poster for the 4/17/23 5N cruise knows what happened.

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html  

image.png.09150d755e0e75cd29f41ad99b0dc3bc.png 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, RickT said:

Looked at the itineraries and noticed no Sydney to Auckland (or vice versa).  Looks like I may need to look at a different line to replace my cancelled March 2021 (similar itinerary exists in 2022 but significantly more expensive).

I was looking at the following cruise, 11 Nights Sydney To Auckland Cruise from Sydney, Australia | Celebrity Cruises

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Don’t know about night life in Adelaide but had some great wines there.

Sure is, especially McLaren Vale just south of Adelaide. Superb reds in my opinion.