NOT good news ...

Kwaj girl

Hi Kwaj!...Hope you and DH are "hanging in there".  We've got an 18-day "Mariner" cruise out of Miami (to San Francisco) on Dec 18th!!  Fingers crossed and "double crossed"  😟  Best Regards!  Hope to see you again, some time....

• Like 1

The prime over-65 cruise demographic is rapidly being vaccinated, at least in the US.  The CDC and cruise lines should focus on this pax cohort and figure out how to operate cruises where all pax are vaccinated.  Even if cruises to nowhere or private islands, etc.  That would get some revenue flowing to the cruise lines.   And some drinks flowing to us newly liberated oldsters 🙂

• Like 1

https://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/Cruisings-Return-Will-Likely-Include-Mandatory-Face-Masks-Onboard

Something else we don't need.  If they enforce this...bye-bye luxury experience.  Imagine...walking around the ship looking at faceless masked zombies.  ::rolleyes::

And I can't imagine how they're going to keep fellow cruisers 'apart' - do I have to call out to you across the lounge if we want to have a conversation??  Are they going to say we can't join you because we're not in your immediate family/travel group...that they'll have to seat us at a table "6 feet apart?"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xrvlcruiser said:

And there is the issue of the Singles on board - we're probably not traveling with family and our 'travel group" may have only joined when we board.

Regent - in the past - has handled Singles so well.

Peggy

Peggy...you are certainly welcome to join us...aren't we "sisters"? 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Peggy...you are certainly welcome to join us...aren't we "sisters"? 😉

Us too! We can make a family group of 5!

Hope you all are doing OK. Can’t wait until we can cruise again.  It we won’t until we can do so without a mask. Fortunately we can travel in our RV without a mask so we are not going completely crazy.

Carolyn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cwn said:

Us too! We can make a family group of 5!

Hope you all are doing OK. Can’t wait until we can cruise again.  It we won’t until we can do so without a mask. Fortunately we can travel in our RV without a mask so we are not going completely crazy.

Carolyn

5 it is...or more!  

Since August we have traveled 4x to Mexico, 2x to Las Vegas, 1x t ok Dominican Republic and no covids have come our way.  We donate blood regularly and each time tested for ANTIBODIES...and guess what....we are reactive so must have encountered the evil devil somewhere and guess what...our bodies did what they were supposed to do..DEVELOPED ANTIBODIES....so now we are Convalescent Plasma donors to help those really sick with covid so they can recover.   We DO NOT wear masks unless absolutely required...and please don't call us "selfish" since WE are the ones helping the sick folks with our plasma.

• Like 3

Glad you all are doing so well. Our children have worked out side the home from the beginning,  half or our grandkids are at various colleges in dorms and in classes. The other grandkids are in public school since they opened last fall in our state. The children and grandkids have traveled by plane various times and the younger ones went to summer camp. I managed to break my hip while the hospitals were still shut down, had surgery and spent six months in PT at home and later at the hospital out patient department. So far no body our family has tested positive though the kids and grandkids have had to quarantine and wait it out a couple of times. We all have worn the mask when required and social distanced in public. We have have our 1st vaccine and the second is scheduled soon. The kids are relived because we have been careful, but DH has refused to put his life on hold so he continued to get out. With the roll out of the vaccine we have a choice. Covid isn’t going to go away. We just have to learn to live with it. 

Looking forward to sailing again mask free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

5 it is...or more!  

Since August we have traveled 4x to Mexico, 2x to Las Vegas, 1x t ok Dominican Republic and no covids have come our way.  We donate blood regularly and each time tested for ANTIBODIES...and guess what....we are reactive so must have encountered the evil devil somewhere and guess what...our bodies did what they were supposed to do..DEVELOPED ANTIBODIES....so now we are Convalescent Plasma donors to help those really sick with covid so they can recover.   We DO NOT wear masks unless absolutely required...and please don't call us "selfish" since WE are the ones helping the sick folks with our plasma.

Just posing a thought here. What about the possibility while you had asymptomatic Covid and not wearing a mask you may have passed it onto various people who then passed it onto others, some of whom may have become very ill? 

I am glad you are helping with your plasma though.

We are in lockdown here in Perth, WA after 10 months of no community spread cases and now one person testing positive who worked in a quarantine hotel. When I go out for my brief outing to shop, everyone is wearing a mask and checking in to the food shops with the contact tracing app. Hopefully this will mean we will be back to no community cases soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

We are still awaiting the vaxx ...our group  is supposedly next "age 65+".

Our state is doing 65 + and medical people but there are long waiting lists. Our rural  county is doing a sub hub with drive through two days a week so far. Doing about 1000-2000 people a week if they get vaccine.

15 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Just posing a thought here. What about the possibility while you had asymptomatic Covid and not wearing a mask you may have passed it onto various people who then passed it onto others, some of whom may have become very ill? 

I am glad you are helping with your plasma though.

We are in lockdown here in Perth, WA after 10 months of no community spread cases and now one person testing positive who worked in a quarantine hotel. When I go out for my brief outing to shop, everyone is wearing a mask and checking in to the food shops with the contact tracing app. Hopefully this will mean we will be back to no community cases soon.

You will notice I said we wear masks "when absolutely required" but we don't purposely stand near people and breathe on them, either.  But we also will not wear them when outdoors walking by ourselves with no one around...nor will we wear them while alone in the car - we've seen way too many examples of both cases....are people THAT brainwashed? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

You will notice I said we wear masks "when absolutely required" but we don't purposely stand near people and breathe on them, either.  But we also will not wear them when outdoors walking by ourselves with no one around...nor will we wear them while alone in the car - we've seen way too many examples of both cases....are people THAT brainwashed? 

I am afraid some are. 

I struggle with this topic. I have spent much of the past year as a nurse on a Covid floor. I am now retired but now volunteering giving Covid vaccines. I have lost a friend to Covid last month,  1 more on week 5 on a vent, many friends sick with with various levels of healing. Covid is in my face right now and I have a real respect for the seriousness of this illness. I realize that my perspective is different then some.  My gut is masks may be required. I have no real problem with wearing masks, (I am certainly a mask fan right now) if that lets me cruise again. I really, really  want to cruise. I am also guessing the vaccine will be necessary for crew and passengers. 
What would be a make or break is not to be able to eat and socialize with people. Is that not why we love Regent? I am particularly looking forward to meeting a “single” or perhaps a few “sisters” on our next cruise. Perhaps meet for drinks or dinner. I know at least one that I am crossing my fingers to meet in January.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

travelwell:

So poignant.  Thank you for sharing.  Puts our current national and international situation(s) into proper focus.  Hope spouse and I have the opportunity to meet up with you in the (near) future.  

Best,  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

https://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/Cruisings-Return-Will-Likely-Include-Mandatory-Face-Masks-Onboard

Something else we don't need.  If they enforce this...bye-bye luxury experience.  Imagine...walking around the ship looking at faceless masked zombies.  ::rolleyes::

And I can't imagine how they're going to keep fellow cruisers 'apart' - do I have to call out to you across the lounge if we want to have a conversation??  Are they going to say we can't join you because we're not in your immediate family/travel group...that they'll have to seat us at a table "6 feet apart?"

This type of attitude is why COVID keeps spreading. 😒

We need personal responsibility with cruising. Masks and social distancing works. 👍🏿

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SireDoime said:

This type of attitude is why COVID keeps spreading. 😒

We need personal responsibility with cruising. Masks and social distancing works. 👍🏿

Another thought...if masks and social distancing work....why is this still apparently spreading? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The prime over-65 cruise demographic is rapidly being vaccinated, at least in the US.  The CDC and cruise lines should focus on this pax cohort and figure out how to operate cruises where all pax are vaccinated.  Even if cruises to nowhere or private islands, etc.  That would get some revenue flowing to the cruise lines.   And some drinks flowing to us newly liberated oldsters 🙂

Funny you would say that because I put basically the same suggestion on the Crystal board. I suggested we give this cruise a name. What should we call it?