Having to plan a non cruise vacation.....UUUGGG

Jenjer

On 2/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, Jenjer said:

Is anyone else in the same situation? Planning a non cruise vacation is nowhere as easy or as much fun. The rooms are bigger though 🙂 I am sure the vacation will be great but it makes me miss cruises so much.  Being used to easy evening entertainment options makes a land based trip seem a little bit boring.   

I keep looking at 22 and the prices are so high....I know the million reasons why but it makes me sad. 

Renting a house in FL with the entire family !  No big deal. 

• Like 2

We used grocery pick up which kept us out of the stores.  I ordered before we left home and picked it in the trunk of the rental car.  You could also use an order service for grocery delivery.

The weather was nice enough to eat outside at dinner and we really enjoyed that. A couple of nights we even found live music for dinner.  Tables were very well spread out.  We wore a mask to and from the table as did others.  The staff was masked. If we felt a place didn’t seem safe we left right away.  Once it was okay in the beginning but they moved a table too close and we quickly made it take out and left. 

Florida is one of the easiest places to do this.  There are so many places to eat outside and we did a lot of walking.  If people were close we put a mask up.  Otherwise we liked the fresh air.  April should be a good time to go with warmer temps but not crowded yet.  Have fun!

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

People will be staying away from Manhattan is what you mean.

Manhattan in the Spring & Summer is wonderful. Lots of pop-up venues featuring various artists being planned starting in April. Lots of available outdoor dining. Broadway and other indoor venues might get the green light by July. It'll take time, but NYC will slowly come back.

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

Manhattan in the Spring & Summer is wonderful. Lots of pop-up venues featuring various artists being planned starting in April. Lots of available outdoor dining. Broadway and other indoor venues might get the green light by July. It'll take time, but NYC will slowly come back.

Prior to the pandemic Manhattan could be wonderful 12 months a year .

• Like 1

No more kids.

Really big house.

Downsizing to 30%

Breaking ground on new house,

Trying to decide what must go after 20 years of gathering.

Will be busy up until the late Summer.

Hoping our November cruise is still a go, because by then WE WILL REALLY NEED A VACATION.. 

No time now for one now. esp. with 12 hour shifts and lines at the immunization stations....

Edited by boscobeans