Mask requirements in cruise ships.

Dolebludger

Wendy,

Around here, almost everybody Iwe know has been vaccinated. In this case, I don't see a problem. Obviously, one can't eat or dring with a mask on. But if the cruise line requres proof of vaccination of all onboard, I see no problem with table sharing. 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 7:42 PM, rallydave said:

Believe you logic is incorrect regarding wearing masks onboard. First none of the vaccines are 100% protection and you yourself stated even with vaccine a vaccinated person can pass the virus while not contracting the virus so you wear masks in public. No difference being in public on land or I board ship. 

Really simple way to early to have massless people on ships. Need herd immunity and even then not 100% protection. Afraid we will or should be wearing masks everywhere for much longer. 

None of the vaccines are 100 percent effective against contracting the virus, but some have been 100 percent effective against causing hospitalization and death. I think that with a negative Covid test on boarding, and temperature checks with a followup Covid test onboard, it should be safe to a not wear masks onboard. I think social distancing and stricter food service handling at the buffets and Coffee Connection should be in effect permanently. There's way too many cases of flu/colds/pneumonia/norovirus being passed around on all cruise ships, including Regent, to go back to the way it was.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

None of the vaccines are 100 percent effective against contracting the virus, but some have been 100 percent effective against causing hospitalization and death. I think that with a negative Covid test on boarding, and temperature checks with a followup Covid test onboard, it should be safe to a not wear masks onboard. I think social distancing and stricter food service handling at the buffets and Coffee Connection should be in effect permanently. There's way too many cases of flu/colds/pneumonia/norovirus being passed around on all cruise ships, including Regent, to go back to the way it was.

I understand.  I’ve been doing all the distancing, etc. Haven’t hugged my kids or grandkids in a year.  Haven’t seen some in person for a year..others outside at 10 feet.  I don’t want to forever keep people 6 feet from me.  I probably will never be comfortable with crowds again..but 6 feet social distancing forever no.  I do believe we should have more space in public places.  Hard call to know right balance. 

18 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

I understand.  I’ve been doing all the distancing, etc. Haven’t hugged my kids or grandkids in a year.  Haven’t seen some in person for a year..others outside at 10 feet.  I don’t want to forever keep people 6 feet from me.  I probably will never be comfortable with crowds again..but 6 feet social distancing forever no.  I do believe we should have more space in public places.  Hard call to know right balance. 

First it was 6 feet...then it was 9 or 10 feet...now they say 3 feet.  First it was No Mask.  Then it was Wear a Mask...now it's Wear Two Masks....

Nope...not buyin' into this.  Never did.  Never will.  We have our "get out of jail free" card only so we can board a ship.  Otherwise not  concerned.  Each person should be responsible for his or her own "safety."  If someone is THAT scared....stay home and let the rest of us get on living. 

• Like 10

Before I had my two shots, and the time for effectiveness had passed, I pretty much stayed home and certainly avoided crowds and masked up. I felt vulnerable. Like I was taking a knife to a gunfight and forgot the knife! Now I still mask up to protect the unvaccinated. I go out but avoid crowds (as I did before the pandemic).  But in an environment where I know all are vaccinated, I have no worries and don't feel I need a mask. No, the vaccines aren't 100%, but they are close enough for me when all around me are vaccinated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, Kwaj girl said:

First it was 6 feet...then it was 9 or 10 feet...now they say 3 feet.  First it was No Mask.  Then it was Wear a Mask...now it's Wear Two Masks....

Nope...not buyin' into this.  Never did.  Never will.  We have our "get out of jail free" card only so we can board a ship.  Otherwise not  concerned.  Each person should be responsible for his or her own "safety."  If someone is THAT scared....stay home and let the rest of us get on living. 

Amen to that but unfortunately big brother and big globalists think they are better at telling you how to run your life.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My understanding is that the vaccine development was so quick, researchers are now catching up with tests (that take time) like do you need a mask if vaccinated,  can you catch COVID but not know it because you are not sick, how long is the vaccine good for, etc. 
They are still conducting all the tests.  They are just starting to release "real world" studies.

As hard as it is to do, we need to be patient so the various tests that take time get completed.  I would expect the policies set up in May for cruising could change several times (hopefully for the good) over the next year as the health authorities learn more from various tests.

• Like 2