Help With President Sale

Tedferg

Have never sailed O but get a brochure almost everyday. Interested in a Sep 2021 NY - NY cruise, academic now since Canada will not open up. But two questions for future consideration, please. Brochure says '4 Category Upgrade' but brochure only shows Verandah and Oceanview. Verandah has Concierge and Verandah at Sale price Verandah is $1150 more than Verandah - what is the difference ? BTW 'Was' price shows Concierge at  just $200 more.

I would look at the website  they have several different Veranda categories

Usually if you book a B2 you can go up  to A1  depending on availability on the R ships

Smaller ships less Categories

B2  up to A2 on the O class ships

read the fine print

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Have never sailed O but get a brochure almost everyday. Interested in a Sep 2021 NY - NY cruise, academic now since Canada will not open up. But two questions for future consideration, please. Brochure says '4 Category Upgrade' but brochure only shows Verandah and Oceanview. Verandah has Concierge and Verandah at Sale price Verandah is $1150 more than Verandah - what is the difference ? BTW 'Was' price shows Concierge at  just $200 more.

Your best resource is your TA.

• Like 1

On one recent sale the 4 cat upgrade was only for an inside to an oceanview. That is not always the case however.

Categories are based on location and size and the prices will reflect the categories. There are only two elevator banks on each ship so if location is important to you consider the location (category/price) when you select your cabin.

The Concierge class cabins on the Marina and Riveria are a better deal than on the smaller ships. There is a dedicated staffed (most of the day) lounge with drinks, pastries and savories throughout the day with 24 hour access. The room service menu is more extensive. Wash and fold laundry perks are also available. Specialty restaurant reservations are prioritized. There is a peaceful outdoor retreat and a few other perks thrown in. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

There is a dedicated staffed (most of the day) lounge with drinks, pastries and savories throughout the day with 24 hour access.

This might be something that is not available when cruising starts back. It is something that was always stopped anytime there was any type of germ spread more than normal on board. 

FWIW, they don't have anything that's not available elsewhere on the ship, you just have to work harder at it. It is nice to have though. 

• Like 1

Thank you all, it did not occur to me that there are classes within Verandah etc. I thought Verandah was a class. Interesting too that Website prices are different from Brochure prices. Brochure is lower for President's Day.

I must confess I only just realized how small these ships are 640 passengers !

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Thank you all, it did not occur to me that there are classes within Verandah etc. I thought Verandah was a class. Interesting too that Website prices are different from Brochure prices. Brochure is lower for President's Day.

I must confess I only just realized how small these ships are 640 passengers !

The ships are 684..pax

Jancruz1

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

OK thanks, but previously I thought O was 1800 or so, similar to some of HAL smaller ships, when people refer to 'Small Ship'.

Currently, Oceania has two classes of ships:  R-class at 684 pax and O-class at about 1200.  The new ships, Allura-class will be about 1250 pax.  Jancruz1 can give the exact numbers.

47 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Currently, Oceania has two classes of ships:  R-class at 684 pax and O-class at about 1200.  The new ships, Allura-class will be about 1250 pax.  Jancruz1 can give the exact numbers.

Or  maybe  O class 1250 & Allure class 1200 😉

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships

Either way they are much nicer than HAL

And those numbers are at Max capacity. I’ve been on the Marina with 900 and the Nautica with 580. Only once on the Marina with over 1200. Seems a few cabins have always not been occupied due to ongoing maintenance or other remodeling. Some cruises don’t sell as well as others. The ships are very comfortable and the common areas are gracious.

• 2 weeks later...

been customer of Oceania for years and love the line and will continue to sail on it in future.  However, beware of 4 category upgrade-it is a misleading sales promotion.  looked into it for a NZ to Australia cruise and basically was just a $200 savings on C1 and a $500 savings on A2.  However, a 4 category upgrade sounds a lot better for marketing purposes.  Do your research and don't get taken in by ads that promise deals too good to be true.