Carnival Pride - Tampa

bobbismith

Good afternoon fellow cruisers,

I am going on the November 21st 2021 Cruise. my question is has the pride ever gone out of Tampa on this seven day itinerary before. What can we expect? Will there be two formal nights? When will be the best time to do pictures? There are two sea days. Also one other question should I expect any ports to be closed. I know all of the mask and safety protocol, I'm ready to do what is necessary with social distancing. I'm just happy to be at sea. Bobbi

I don't know about Pride, but previously both Carnival Legend and Carnival Miracle have done the same itinerary from Tampa for many years.

There are two formal nights.

As for ports closing, the only answer is nobody knows.

We sailed the Pride from Tampa before, she used to come to Tampa every winter. Who knows what post Covid will look like, but there were two elegant nights back then. I think ours was 1 sea day, four ports, one sea day. We always did pics first formal night, who knows how burned everyone will be last formal night and they also seemed like they were trying a little harder on night 1. I truly love the Pride, that is my favorite ship still today. If it cruises, we will be on the ship January 30th, 2021. 

Edited by asalligo

We are booked on the Pride for January 2022. Haven't sailed on the Pride before, but several times on sister ships the Legend and Miracle out of Tampa. Love this ship class. Not too big and easy to navigate. We live 45 minutes from the Port of Tampa and are so ready to start cruising again after 4 cancelled Carnival and 4 cancelled Holland America cruises. This will be our first Carnival cruise since the Covid pause, but we have an 11-day Holland America cruise booked for Dec. 2021, and two 7-day Holland cruises for Feb. and April 2022. Hope they all sail!!

You should be on the second of these cruises the Pride will go on. We are SUPPOSED to be on the cruise from Baltimore (her current home port) to Tampa arriving Nov. 14. Hope we'll bring her to you-but don't know at this point. We're scheduled to depart Baltimore October 31--Halloween--and then sail on a 14 day cruise to Tampa. The CDC rules currently allow only 7 day cruises till Nov.1! I emailed Carnival and John Heald asking them to have us arrive, have a huge Halloween party and then set out on a cruise after midnight-----technically following the CDC guidelines.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Well that didn't happen 😉 

LOL, 2022. 352 days from today. My wife says she is not even thinking about it until someone actually cruises again. She doubts there will even be cruises in January. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, asalligo said:

LOL, 2022. 352 days from today. My wife says she is not even thinking about it until someone actually cruises again. She doubts there will even be cruises in January. 

Hubbs and I will be on that sailing.  It is a replacement for the cancelled Legend 2021 cruise.  Can't wait!

baf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Hubbs and I will be on that sailing.  It is a replacement for the cancelled Legend 2021 cruise.  Can't wait!

baf

Very cool, I am certainly hoping it happens. If cruising does start back earlier, I will see if I can find those great deals that were happening in March when this first started. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, bobbismith said:

Good afternoon fellow cruisers,

I am going on the November 21st 2021 Cruise. my question is has the pride ever gone out of Tampa on this seven day itinerary before. What can we expect? Will there be two formal nights? When will be the best time to do pictures? There are two sea days. Also one other question should I expect any ports to be closed. I know all of the mask and safety protocol, I'm ready to do what is necessary with social distancing. I'm just happy to be at sea. Bobbi

Hello!
 We are also booked on that cruise for Thanksgiving 2021 and are also already booked on the Pride June 2022 to Norway. We love the Pride and love sailing out of Tampa. We have been on the Legend and Pride out of Tampa over Thanksgiving. 

The Pride is a great ship. Even though it is smaller and older than some of the others, it has a lot to offer. Love the Red Frog Pub and my husband loves that it has the sports bar (been through a few names at this point) because it is a big football week. 

Thanksgiving week is generally a great weather week...not too hot but not cold. Usually the ship will leave Tampa around 4 and we will go under the Skyway at about 6:45pm. It is a sight to see for sure because we barely clear the bridge my a few inches (at least it feels that way).

Someone already mentioned the formal nights (2) and as for pictures, we usually skip them, but I would think trying to get there early or trying later would be the best off peak times.