Paying in full or stop short of $100 prior to last payment date?

IMKTDQT810

On 2/12/2021 at 4:45 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

I show my loyalty by booking with them.  They'll get full payment when it is due, not a day earlier.

Certainly understand and respect your personal choice. I pray that my fully paid dollars will help their cause whatever it may be.

2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

How do we expect businesses (whether multi billion or the neighborhood) to remain afloat without our support? When I am totally "loyal" it means "totally" loyal not just when it's convenient or fashionable. 

I hope my fully paid monies helps them stay afloat.   

Again, not a question of "loyalty" or even "total loyalty".   I support businesses large and small by giving them my business and by paying them money for goods or services rendered.   I do not intend to go to my local Mom and Pop bakery and buy every cake they have.   I'm more than happy to buy a cake or two, at prices that they deem fair.  Just because I don't buy everything in the store doesn't man I'm not loyal.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

How do we expect businesses (whether multi billion or the neighborhood) to remain afloat without our support? When I am totally "loyal" it means "totally" loyal not just when it's convenient or fashionable. 

I’m sure they appreciate that. For me, in these days of small businesses going under and people out of work, I’ve been using my dollars to support local businesses and workers as opposed to huge corporations that primarily employe foreign workers. No, I wouldn’t book anything with carnival right now and wouldn’t pay a dime ahead of time. They continue to sell products and services that they can’t provide.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:29 PM, Purvis1231 said:

I have 2 cruises booked in 2022, I am waiting to the last minute to pay any more than the deposit. 

Me too.i got the first 2/3 paid for and the second $100 deposit only.i don't think the 10 day in January is a go.even if it is with the rules of engagement so far.im not willing to do 10 days worth of mask wearing and ship sponsored tours.i booked before covid was made official so I will cancel and move my money to the latter date in August.It was going to be our last carnival cruise anyway.we are more of the celebrity crowd.i will be 60 next year and my wife 65.

16 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

I'm more worried about me staying afloat.  They have more money to lose than I do.  If I truly need something, either from a multi billion or neighborhood business, I will get it.  At this point, I truly don't need to cruise.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Again, not a question of "loyalty" or even "total loyalty".   I support businesses large and small by giving them my business and by paying them money for goods or services rendered.   I do not intend to go to my local Mom and Pop bakery and buy every cake they have.   I'm more than happy to buy a cake or two, at prices that they deem fair.  Just because I don't buy everything in the store doesn't man I'm not loyal.   

Can totally respect your commentary. I am stating that if I am being totally loyal to a product and/or brand I will stick with them through the ups and downs. I am not talking about bailing out your local bakeries. I am talking about us not having enough faith in Carnival by not paying our Cruises in full. To me it's not "loyalty" if you have to "question" their rationale. You pay in full; you get to let them worry about the rest. 

I have read other threads where "passengers" are waiting to cancel or deferring their full payments until they receive a "Bonus Letter". We have been trained to expect what we are not willing to fully pay for. I will continue to pay my Cruises in full and let Carnival decide how they want to apply those funds to their businesses.     

Sea you on the Waters. 

9 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Can totally respect your commentary. I am stating that if I am being totally loyal to a product and/or brand I will stick with them through the ups and downs. I am not talking about bailing out your local bakeries. I am talking about us not having enough faith in Carnival by not paying our Cruises in full. To me it's not "loyalty" if you have to "question" their rationale. You pay in full; you get to let them worry about the rest. 

I have read other threads where "passengers" are waiting to cancel or deferring their full payments until they receive a "Bonus Letter". We have been trained to expect what we are not willing to fully pay for. I will continue to pay my Cruises in full and let Carnival decide how they want to apply those funds to their businesses.     

Sea you on the Waters. 

Of course, and sorry if I misunderstood.   I was trying to say that paying in full prior to final payment date is not something I'd be inclined to do.   Of course at final payment due date I would pay everything that was due.

16 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I’m sure they appreciate that. For me, in these days of small businesses going under and people out of work, I’ve been using my dollars to support local businesses and workers as opposed to huge corporations that primarily employe foreign workers. No, I wouldn’t book anything with carnival right now and wouldn’t pay a dime ahead of time. They continue to sell products and services that they can’t provide.

You seem to have a very good American spirit. I applaud that. I also do my part to pay it forward. I have been blessed by God in my career. I have also chosen to help those that are less fortunate. I also have chosen to continue to help Carnival. They have always provided me and my family with the utmost vacation experiences.  

The Carnival beards (as our friend Mr. Heald) calls them will probably never know my name. That doesn't matter to me as I am not attempting to please them. As long as they continue to provide a lasting vacation with legacy memories I will remain a Carnival Champion.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I'm more worried about me staying afloat.  They have more money to lose than I do.  If I truly need something, either from a multi billion or neighborhood business, I will get it.  At this point, I truly don't need to cruise.  

Please hold on to Faith. We will all be just fine. Cruising is in our Blood and DNA. Otherwise we would not be here chatting about it. Positivity is the Key. 

18 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Please hold on to Faith. We will all be just fine. Cruising is in our Blood and DNA. Otherwise we would not be here chatting about it. Positivity is the Key. 

We like to cruise but I would never say that cruising is in our blood or DNA.  I come on here to see what is happening with the cruise industry.  There are a lot of things we enjoy but it's not the end of the world if we can't do some of them.  Cruising being one of them.  

Until things return to normal for cruising, we "positively" won't even think about booking another one.

On 2/14/2021 at 3:19 AM, SNJCruisers said:

You mean if someone has only put a deposit on a cruise that they would get a FCC for the deposit and an additional 600 in OBC from Carnival?  Don't think it has happened yet since Carnival is not going to cancel a particular sailing before final payment is due. 

As noted by others, when Carnival did their most recent cancellation it included many cruise sailings that had not yet hit final payment day - mine included.  So I got mine shifted to Dec 2021 (hope springs eternal), with originally paid deposit applied as FCC, OBC from the cancellation-rebooking, but I had to pay a new deposit amount (which I was OK with, but have not had to pay in previous re-bookings).

4 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

As noted by others, when Carnival did their most recent cancellation it included many cruise sailings that had not yet hit final payment day - mine included.  So I got mine shifted to Dec 2021 (hope springs eternal), with originally paid deposit applied as FCC, OBC from the cancellation-rebooking, but I had to pay a new deposit amount (which I was OK with, but have not had to pay in previous re-bookings).

I also got the email from Carnival yesterday, and we were still 45 days out from our final payment date for our end of June cruise.  I was able to move my cruise to August of 2022 at a significant savings.  Cruise fare was $800 cheaper for same cabin!!!   They were able to transfer my deposit and move my OBC without any issues.   Very happy Carnival acted this far out

On 2/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, ULCajunCruiser said:

Of course, and sorry if I misunderstood.   I was trying to say that paying in full prior to final payment date is not something I'd be inclined to do.   Of course at final payment due date I would pay everything that was due.

No apology needed or required. We are all "CruiseAholics" and just want our Cruise Line to cruise again. We might need a vaccine to get rid of the "Non Cruise" Blues???