? about suite longe on Oasis

Karma5

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How about a Pinnacle exclusive lounge on Oasis Class and leave the Suite Lounge to Suites (GS and above)?

M8

M8, The separate SL and a lounge for Pins may become a reality down the line. but I don't see RCG creating any waves when cruising first starts up again.  As for me, I am a solo cruiser and I enjoy the SL as it is a quiet place to spend part of my day as well as it is a convenient place to meet up with friends I have made through the years as well as to socialize with new acquaintances.  (I don't drink and have a limited diet so the nibbles and the booze has little attraction for me.) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

M8, The separate SL and a lounge for Pins may become a reality down the line. but I don't see RCG creating any waves when cruising first starts up again.  As for me, I am a solo cruiser and I enjoy the SL as it is a quiet place to spend part of my day as well as it is a convenient place to meet up with friends I have made through the years as well as to socialize with new acquaintances.  (I don't drink and have a limited diet so the nibbles and the booze has little attraction for me.) 

Why couldn’t you do the same in a Pinnacle only lounge?

M8

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But there definitely have been some stodgy ones that clearly still don't like the fact kids are now allowed in the lounges.

Been there done that. It’s so annoying when those stares and snarky looks when kids are with their family in the SL. Royal Caribbean is a family oriented cruise line. That’s why I suggest a Pinnacle only lounge. 

M8

19 hours ago, Karma5 said:

WE are all in a Grand Suite, thank you....................

We've sailed a few times in GS and up with our kids (twice on Oasis).   Last time they were 8 and 10 and we spent a good hour (or two)  in the suite lounge every afternoon after a busy day of adventure for snacks and some quiet time before dinner.   Everyone brought a book, quiet table game or a device for some chill time before getting ready for dinner.   It was some of our best time together playing games or having chats and connecting.

Funny story - there was an older couple who were in the lounge every day at the same time as us and they were constantly looking at our kids and watching them.   The terrible thing is that we thought they were resenting the fact that the boys were in the lounge - but after about three days they came over and told us how great it was to see a family having this time together and how lovely our boys were.   Huge compliment - and the kids were feeling pretty happy with themselves.💗

My advice is to go and enjoy it and if people don't like it they can move or go sit somewhere else.  Most kids are very well behaved and don't deserve the bad rap they get from Grumpy McGrumperson.

• Like 1

Here's the thing (IMO).  Everyone who is either a Pinnacle Club Member or a guest in a Full Suite has the right to be in the Suite's Lounge.  Period.  If someone in there doesn't like it, tough.  Misbehaving children ?  I sure hope not but guess what ?  There are plenty of misbehaving adults in there at times, too. Deal with it or find somewhere else to spend your time.

7 minutes ago, Djsmrs said:

The terrible thing is that we thought they were resenting the fact that the boys were in the lounge - but after about three days they came over and told us how great it was to see a family having this time together and how lovely our boys were.

I've had the same experience. A couple times people have said "we can't believe how well behaved your son is"

I mean as any parent would then say "I'm glad he has you fooled" but I'm sure there have been some real brats in the lounge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1