? about suite longe on Oasis

Karma5

My 15 year old granddaughter will be coming with my daughter and I next summer on Oasis. I was wondering if she will be able to go into the suite lounge with us.

..............Thank you for your reply

22 minutes ago, Karma5 said:

My 15 year old granddaughter will be coming with my daughter and I next summer on Oasis. I was wondering if she will be able to go into the suite lounge with us.

If they are not in a full suite,  NO
But ask the concierge,I think they may look the other way .

As long as she's in a GS and above she's entitled to enjoy the lounge as long as she's with you or her mother during the happy hours. Other hours she can enter the lounge by herself using her gold card.

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

A 15 year old will have no interest in the diamond lounge either way. It’s a glorified conference room with a coffee machine or bar depending on the time of day. Really surprised most adults don’t see it for what it actually is.

Your general assumption may not be valid for all 15 year olds when traveling with family.

Key word here from the OP was "be able to"

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Very true, suite lounge experience is definitely a little better.  Not sure why I confused the two. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I just don’t get why some people are so obsessed with it and obsessed with keeping others out. Royal has really done a good job making people feel special with the Diamond conference room. Maybe they should add diamond stalls in the toilets next?

:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never had anyone give a second thought to anyone under drinking age being in the suite lounges during happy hours. Unless that "pro tip" is specific to those unaccompanied by someone of legal drinking age.

Copy and paste from Royal's website.

People choose which rules apply to them.  This is no different.  I have brought people under the drinking age into the suite lounge during cocktail hour AND I take drinks out of the DL during happy hour.  I break the rules.  No one challenges me when I do.   If a crew member ever did stop me from breaking these rules I would accept that and stop knowing I am breaking the rules. 

5 hours ago, Karma5 said:

Funny story - my daughter (age 15 at the time) would get such a kick out of some of the looks she/we got when she was with us in the suite lounge. We still giggle about it.

I know there are many, many wonderful and friendly Pinnacle members but this one woman, who proudly wore her Pinnacle pin for everyone to see, looked at her/us like she just ate a sour lemon. We would see her everywhere -  each time we got priority debarkation at ports (we were in an OS) we ended up sitting by her in the tender boats. Her sour look got more and more pronounced as the week went on.

My daughter would go out of her way to say good morning/good afternoon to her each time she saw her in the suite lounge. 😜

Edited by Sun and Fun
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Hah, taking drinks out of the lounge is against the rules? I do that every night, and the bartenders outright ask "do you want a fill up to go to dinner with?"

It used to be and was posted...just another policy that has changed since the 3 drink option on your SeaPass came into play. Agree now no one cares. Cheers !!

16 hours ago, Karma5 said:

As long as they are staying with you in your suite.

Neither the Solarium, or the two lounges, suite, and diamond are friendly places for older teens.  However, hanging out at the Sorrento's, or sports deck (hot dog stand) with other teens are much more in line that the majority would do.  Speaking from experience teens avoid the lounges like the plague

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

If they are not in a full suite,  NO
But ask the concierge,I think they may look the other way .

Not likely to look the other way. Whenever I take my granddaughter (I am usually a solo cruiser) I have to book a GS instead of my usual JS or Balcony so just so she can come into the Lounge. Now, especially with social distancing, we may see time frames assigned for use of the Lounge by Pinnacles and Full Suites and the concierge will likely not be as blind.

16 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Now, especially with social distancing, we may see time frames assigned for use of the Lounge by Pinnacles and Full Suites and the concierge will likely not be as blind.

How about a Pinnacle exclusive lounge on Oasis Class and leave the Suite Lounge to Suites (GS and above)?

M8

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Not likely to look the other way. Whenever I take my granddaughter (I am usually a solo cruiser) I have to book a GS instead of my usual JS or Balcony so just so she can come into the Lounge. Now, especially with social distancing, we may see time frames assigned for use of the Lounge by Pinnacles and Full Suites and the concierge will likely not be as blind.

Good point.

But, none of us will know till the first group of suite/Pinns cruise and have access to the suite lounge, and come back to update us.

And since I am currently only sailing on Allure or Symphony those are the ships and changes if any are of interest to me.

Side note:  We usually just cruise one of the Caribbean itineraries in the summer and there have only in the past low numbers of Pinns on our sailings (Allure 2019 August only had 12).  I wonder if that will change since all of us need a booster on cruising and those with Pinnacle status will cruise more often in summer months.

Only time will tell.

I just want to cruise.

And also, I enjoy having a drink or two or three in the suite lounge before dinner.  But not because the drinks are included for suites, we buy the drink package.  It is just sitting there watching the sea, and being entertained by watching people.

So, hope we return to cruising soon.

August 15th. would be nice.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

We had a similar experience one of the posters did with a Pinn.  We were in the Sky Loft, now Star Loft, and when going into the Suite Lounge got dirty looks everytime she saw us.  My granddaughter was 9 at the time and always acted like a young lady.  Guess some people just forget what it was like when they were little.  Now she is a Diamond, she earned it on her own not by parents, and I expect she will get some funny looks if we ever go to the Diamond Lounge.  It is usually much quieter and friendlier in the Suite Lounge and with Star Class the free drinks are not an issue.