Privee Price Hike

pinotlover

As you peruse the ship tours and other services aboard, you will find prices on everything is up fairly significantly.

Just booked the Privee for an evening on our next Marina cruise. Price has increased from $250 to $300 for the evening.

My TA says “ they have to make it up somewhere “! 😢

Say it aint so..................... what a world what a world.....     Seriously,  with capacity cut, and costs of fuel and food, labor rising...   is not this a supply and demand equation? 

When will  demand exceed supply  not only in this but in other things like cabins giving opportunity to raise fares to  what  the market will bear.? 

If you ran a business and could only made 10 gizmos a day, and every day you had 40 customers wanting a gizmo...and your production of gizmos was limited while those that wanted them was increasing, would you not raise prices to a point   to  take advantage of the situation?   

Edited by Hawaiidan

😂😂😂. Soothe down Dan, lol. Just giving you a heads up on the price increase.

For years Oceania had a calendar for each cruise from which one could look at availability and self book the Privee. Unfortunately, for the last couple of years, they have eliminated that calendar. One must now call their TA , inquire about any such availability, and then book if desired. I haven’t the foggiest as to why they change the earlier procedure.

All of this is to say, that without viewing that calendar, we can ascertain actual “ supply and demand “ for the facility. We do however enjoy dining there.

pinotlover...I was wondering for which Marina cruise you booked Privee?  I believe you were booked on the 1/28/21 Marina cruise (as was I). I am wondering if you rebooked for one of the later S. Amer. cruises or is this for some earlier cruise? I ask because I am on the 12/19/21 Marina cruise and I asked my TA the question about booking Privee and she said "You can make that reservation in your guest reservation portal when it is 75 days prior to the cruise."  So, I was just wondering how you did it? (or is my TA just not very good). 

Edited by EasyGoingGuy
clarity

Never had the pleasure... wonder if I ever will.

The way it usually happens is that 6-8-10 of us go on a private tour a few days into the cruise and the group hits it off. 

Somebody suggests "Let's book Privée for a sea day, it's $25-ish but WTH?"

Everyone agrees... and of course Privée is already booked solid for the rest of the trip.

4 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

Never had the pleasure... wonder if I ever will.

The way it usually happens is that 6-8-10 of us go on a private tour a few days into the cruise and the group hits it off. 

Somebody suggests "Let's book Privée for a sea day, it's $25-ish but WTH?"

Everyone agrees... and of course Privée is already booked solid for the rest of the trip.

It is one room & I think  only one booking per night  so of course it is booked up  probably before embarkation day

Book ahead  then find others to join you 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pinotlover said:

😂😂😂. Soothe down Dan, lol. Just giving you a heads up on the price increase.

For years Oceania had a calendar for each cruise from which one could look at availability and self book the Privee. Unfortunately, for the last couple of years, they have eliminated that calendar. One must now call their TA , inquire about any such availability, and then book if desired. I haven’t the foggiest as to why they change the earlier procedure.

All of this is to say, that without viewing that calendar, we can ascertain actual “ supply and demand “ for the facility. We do however enjoy dining there.

Was there any mention of a restriction on numbers? You would think there would be. 

On 2/25/2021 at 5:55 AM, pinotlover said:

I’m now booked for the 1/28/22 Santiago-BA cruise.

My TA booked it for me. Your TA is confusing the Privee with the Specialties.

OT, but have you been to BA before? We love it and plan to get back...for a third time.