Does any one know of any service that will pick up items at disembarkation and ship them home?

barnicle

At the end of our Antarctica Hurtigruten cruise, we're going to spend a week in tropical temperatures before heading home. We are trying to find a service that will collect a parcel of items (parkas, snow pants, and other winter clothing items) and mail them home, so we don't have to schlep them around for a week in South America. Does anyone have any information for this kind of service? Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance.

24 minutes ago, barnicle said:

At the end of our Antarctica Hurtigruten cruise, we're going to spend a week in tropical temperatures before heading home. We are trying to find a service that will collect a parcel of items (parkas, snow pants, and other winter clothing items) and mail them home, so we don't have to schlep them around for a week in South America. Does anyone have any information for this kind of service? Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance.

I note that this is your first post since you joined in 2016!  Welcome to participating in the CC Boards!

I echo the suggestions of the just recent post as to services.  Your cruise line may also have a recommendation as well.  

Two years ago we sailed Hurtigruten's Midnatsol to Antarctica in January.  Since you live in Florida you're not as acclimated as we to cold'ish weather but we wore shorts during the day on the ship. The ship gave us jackets that we could keep and we HAD to wear the boots they provided. Going ashore and returning we had to walk through something like a mini car wash, automatic brushes in water with disinfectant. One day we had less than an inch of snow and no snow when ashore. It is summer then. We were on bare dirt and rocks. You may want to get details direct from Hurtigruten. If you can't find a place that will do what you want I've traveled a couple of time with a compression bag that makes my knee length North Face down jacket incredibly small. Have a fantastic time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

Princess Easy Check will take your bags from outside your cabin and return them when you flight arrives in your hone airport. Limited availability

Not for a Hurtigruten cruise they won't...besides the OP is not heading directly home ...and the OP is talking about an Antarctic cruise ending in South America, not some Princess Caribbean cruise ending in Fort Lauderdale.

I guess you didn't bother to actually read the original post.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 4