Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

On 7/30/2021 at 1:13 PM, BigRoger said:

Yep that’s interesting point. Do you know if the price quoted on board for each drink is inclusive of UK VAT or does that get added after like the 18 per cent gratuity? Eg if price for a drink is $14 is that plus 18 per cent or even more!

That wasn’t our experience. The price quoted was the price paid, there was no additional gratuity added. We had 2 glasses of wine at $8 each and the only charge on the bill was $16. 15/7 cruise. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:50 PM, Trixie21 said:

Deluxe paxkage currently £54 per day - cheapest was £45 a few weeks ago. 

UDP is £212 i think - cheapest i saw it was £188.

Seem to be a number of guests moving over to Anthem from Harmony - can't say I blame them given the current uncertainties. 

Thanks for this.

Anthem Sept/Oct Cruises

Possible glimmer of hope for international cruises from Southampton this summer. RCI are now advertising a 7 Night Spain & Portugal cruise, departing 2nd October 2021, on their US website. However, every category of rooms is marked as sold out, besides outside view. This makes you wonder if the removal of Sept and Oct sailings is simply down to capacity control 🤔, especially with no cancellation announcement today. Could this mean that UK port bookings for Anthem throughout these months is part of a plan b, if changes in England’s traffic light system result in internationals being cancelled?

There are now British Isles cruises for sale through September and October on the UK website.  Looks like there are some gaps though.  

7 nights from 5th September (to 12th)

gap

7 nights from 19th September ( to 26th)

6 nights from 26th September (to 2nd Ocotober)

7 nights from 2nd October (to 9th)

gap

5 nights from 15th October (to 20th)

gap

5 nights from 25th October (to 30th)

I have my eye on 20th-25th October - Do you think something will appear?

13 hours ago, Nettee said:

There are now British Isles cruises for sale through September and October on the UK website.  Looks like there are some gaps though.  

7 nights from 5th September (to 12th)

gap

7 nights from 19th September ( to 26th)

6 nights from 26th September (to 2nd Ocotober)

7 nights from 2nd October (to 9th)

gap

5 nights from 15th October (to 20th)

gap

5 nights from 25th October (to 30th)

I have my eye on 20th-25th October - Do you think something will appear?

The Royal App shows the itineraries for these missing sailings, so hopefully they’re just waiting to be opened for sale.

12th September (7 Nights): Southampton - Cruising - Greenock - Kirkwall - Cruising - Belfast - Cruising - Southampton

9th October (6 Nights): Southampton - Cruising - Cruising - Liverpool - Belfast - Cruising - Southampton

20th October (5 Nights): Southampton - Cruising - Liverpool - Belfast - Cruising - Southampton

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

Just in case anyone didn't notice there is a good over 55 discount on these cruises (at least on 2nd Oct one which we booked).

The seniors discount is actually quite good.

I only noticed it appear after we made final payment on our August anthem cruise , and we got a great OBC added to compensate for the difference.

A question for anyone who has already been on a staycation cruise:-

Can we take food out of the windjammer, either to the pool area or to our cabin? This was ok pre covid but I’m not sure about now,

Same thing relating to drinks, we would get a wine to take back to our cabin for drinking while getting ready for dinner, is this still allowed with the covid precautions?

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

UK Cruises Shore Excursions

I was wondering which shore excursions would be available in Belfast, on these British Isles cruises. Would anyone who has been onboard be able to share examples of tours and prices please? Thanks

I am actually going Celebrity but I expect they offer the same sort of trips at the same sort of price.  List attached

Belfast.doc

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Thank you, that’s great!

6 hours ago, UKWLDCruise said:

I am actually going Celebrity but I expect they offer the same sort of trips at the same sort of price.  List attached

Belfast.doc 388 kB · 15 downloads

I'm booked on Anthem and Celebrity have way more excursions than Royal!!

Celebrity also look cheaper.

Edited by EmilyJay
  • Thanks 1

The 20th October is now available for sale but only two to a room.  Also need to work on my husband to get on board with this idea.  I think its a rare opportunity for a shortish cruise in school holidays from Southampton.  Maybe by the time I persuade my husband they will have relented on the room capacity thing.  Lots of bigger rooms available for two people occupation.

1 hour ago, EmilyJay said:

I'm booked on Anthem and Celebrity have way more excursions than Royal!!

Celebrity also look cheaper.

Thank you! That’s unfortunate. Would you happen to know if Royal offer an excursion to the Titanic Museum and if so, how much for? 

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

53 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Thank you! That’s unfortunate. Would you happen to know if Royal offer an excursion to the Titanic Museum and if so, how much for? 

The excursions offering the Titanic Museum are:

- Titanic Belfast + City Tour (4 hours) £69.91pp, this price is currently an offer price. I believe it was £101pp prior to the sale. 

- Titanic Trail (4 hours + 30 minutes) £113.23pp (offer price, more than this usually.) Not sure if this one actually includes the Museum. It has a picture of the Museum but on the info just says it's a bus tour of the City and Titanic Sites. 

These are the only two options 😞 I was desperate to go to the Titanic Museum as it only costs £20pp when booked via their website... But Royal aren't offering the museum on it's own or with the added on tours it's just too expensive for us. 

I have sent a message to Royal Caribbean asking if there is a possibility to look into just offering the museum at a more affordable price. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

The excursions offering the Titanic Museum are:

- Titanic Belfast + City Tour (4 hours) £69.91pp, this price is currently an offer price. I believe it was £101pp prior to the sale. 

- Titanic Trail (4 hours + 30 minutes) £113.23pp (offer price, more than this usually.) Not sure if this one actually includes the Museum. It has a picture of the Museum but on the info just says it's a bus tour of the City and Titanic Sites. 

These are the only two options 😞 I was desperate to go to the Titanic Museum as it only costs £20pp when booked via their website... But Royal aren't offering the museum on it's own or with the added on tours it's just too expensive for us. 

I have sent a message to Royal Caribbean asking if there is a possibility to look into just offering the museum at a more affordable price. 

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Although, I agree with you. If I was to book a British isles sailing, I would only be interested at the Titanic museum in Belfast and not the city tour. They really need a more affordable option, even wouldn’t mind paying up to £35, if it includes transportation. Our travel party is 4 people meaning it would cost £280 for us all to visit the museum, which is just ridiculous, considering entry would only come to £80. This is where the rules surrounding shore-excursions really become the deal breaker, when deciding whether to book. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Although, I agree with you. If I was to book a British isles sailing, I would only be interested at the Titanic museum in Belfast and not the city tour. They really need a more affordable option, even wouldn’t mind paying up to £35, if it includes transportation. Our travel party is 4 people meaning it would cost £280 for us all to visit the museum, which is just ridiculous, considering entry would only come to £80. This is where the rules surrounding shore-excursions really become the deal breaker, when deciding whether to book. 

Royal Caribbean have got back to me saying they will not be adding anymore excursions and the ones offered will be the only ones. 

We've decided as it's cheaper to buy a return flight + museum admission we'll just do a weekend in Belfast somewhen else and just enjoy what Anthem has to offer and enjoy being on holiday. 

I agree, I'd be more than happy to pay more to cover transportation and the admission but at a reasonable price. 

11 hours ago, UKWLDCruise said:

Belfast.doc 388 kB · 22 downloads

Wow, sticker shock for the Gobbins cliff walk tour .I just did that cliff walk with Marella cruises on the Explorer 2, got off the ship today , I paid £52 ! 
, it is only £20 for the actual ticket ! 

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks - just a basic question….. for anyone who’s been on….. what’s the earliest check in/ embarkation time that Anthem is working to please? Thanks in advance.

Hearing about lots of restrictions on board and the phrase "due to covid" bein used an an excuse. I agree with some, such as masks indoors or packed places and all to have jabs to go, unless children or medically unable. I also agree with pre testing. But i dont agree with, restricted openings, such as kids club, no roller skating, some have even said booking slots for the pools etc. 

On top of these restrictions RCL have not even offered any compensation. Or a full explanation of what restrictions are on-board.

Pay full price for a cruise but only have a limited experience. Very very poor tbh.

Hopefully things will change soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Hearing about lots of restrictions on board and the phrase "due to covid" bein used an an excuse. I agree with some, such as masks indoors or packed places and all to have jabs to go, unless children or medically unable. I also agree with pre testing. But i dont agree with, restricted openings, such as kids club, no roller skating, some have even said booking slots for the pools etc. 

On top of these restrictions RCL have not even offered any compensation. Or a full explanation of what restrictions are on-board.

Pay full price for a cruise but only have a limited experience. Very very poor tbh.

Hopefully things will change soon

Just returned from 7 night cruise on Anthem.  Thoroughly enjoyed it, so good to get away after such a long time but did find some of the restrictions petty.  

For example many seats in the bars were not in use for social distancing, but totally inconsistent from bar to bar. This sometimes meant going from bar to bar to find a seat when there were loads unoccupied.  For example two sofas next to each other you could use but another one tucked away at the back, near no others, not in use.  Sometimes staff would allow you sit there, other times not.  

The problem can only get worse as more passengers are allowed, can see arguments happening and feel sorry for staff. 

I think we all were so happy to be on a cruise at long last so made the most of it.  Staff all fabulous.  

It hasn’t put us off as going on a P&O staycynext month but hoping will be a bit less restrictive by then.

• Thanks 1