Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

53 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Looking forward to hearing how your cruises go.  We're not scheduled on the Anthem until October 9th and hoping the UK will let us arrive without quarantining when we fly in.

Fingers crossed, we need some vaccine dividend. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigeck said:

Download the TrustOne app and click Royal Caribbean. Thats where to put the details and book when you get an email from Royal about 30 days out

That’s strange as we are on the Anthem 11th July and 15th July Cruises and we haven’t had any emails from Royal Caribbean about the testing, have been able to check in on their app, just says need to complete the checking health process day before sailing. Confused 🥴😧

31 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

That’s strange as we are on the Anthem 11th July and 15th July Cruises and we haven’t had any emails from Royal Caribbean about the testing, have been able to check in on their app, just says need to complete the checking health process day before sailing. Confused 🥴😧

Their website FAQs currently state... "We will contact you via email approximately 14-18 days prior to sailing with instructions on how to register and book your test"  So guess you should have that mail anytime now.

Having said that their protocol page that shows their current protocols per sailing port has today dropped their link to Southampton so perhaps they are in process of changing them?

Edited by Stevio

58 minutes ago, Stevio said:

Their website FAQs currently state... "We will contact you via email approximately 14-18 days prior to sailing with instructions on how to register and book your test"  So guess you should have that mail anytime now.

Having said that their protocol page that shows their current protocols per sailing port has today dropped their link to Southampton so perhaps they are in process of changing them?

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

We had not received our information about a test prior to our cruise and we are on the 7th July sailing, I started to worry but after calling and being told we would receive an email soon eased up a bit. We had an email,  have been straight on and our tests are booked next Sunday 3 days before our sailing. The link took us straight to the web site and it was very easy to follow and book our tests. We had an email confirmation straight away. I think the delay and confusion is due to them having to reduce the number of passengers down to 1000.

2 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

We had not received our information about a test prior to our cruise and we are on the 7th July sailing, I started to worry but after calling and being told we would receive an email soon eased up a bit. We had an email,  have been straight on and our tests are booked next Sunday 3 days before our sailing. The link took us straight to the web site and it was very easy to follow and book our tests. We had an email confirmation straight away. I think the delay and confusion is due to them having to reduce the number of passengers down to 1000.

Thanks for the info. Hope all goes good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roybthered said:

Many thanks for the info, was your testing station close to you as I have been reading that some guests are having to travel in excess of 80 mile round trip, a concern for us as neither of us now drive.

we live in Nottingham.

4 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Many thanks for the info, was your testing station close to you as I have been reading that some guests are having to travel in excess of 80 mile round trip, a concern for us as neither of us now drive.

we live in Nottingham.

The closest to Nottingham is the Raddison Blu at East Midlands Airport.   You can book your own (Boots do them) and they will refund you up to £100pp

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

The closest to Nottingham is the Raddison Blu at East Midlands Airport.   You can book your own (Boots do them) and they will refund you up to £100pp

Thanks, have you any idea whether they will accept the Gov.org tests as we have a drive through a few miles down the road to us🤞

3 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Thanks, have you any idea whether they will accept the Gov.org tests as we have a drive through a few miles down the road to us🤞

You can use one of these Gov approved providers:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing

we live in Nottingham.

Yes it is in the centre of Liverpool at a hotel, so very near to be honest, each area North West, North East etc have multiple locations but that will depend on where about in the country you live and how far from major locations.  

We are on the 7/7 from Southampton got the email late Thursday and booked on Friday, just follow the link. We are booked in for Monday as nowhere near us had a Sunday one. All checked in and will do the health questionnaire the day before. Fingers crossed.

As previous have said you can arrange your own test, RCI will give each adult £100 obc. If you don’t use it they will refund you this, so you won’t be out of pocket. They seemed to be sending the emails out in batches as they got the numbers down to 1k onboard.

Secured a very cheap upgrade as well. So excited for a break, no cooking, clearing up, washing up etc etc.

I know for a fact that these aren’t accepted for flying, not sure I’d risk it?

• Like 1

Interesting developments announced on MSC today: apparently the government has changed guidelines and as of 28/6 can operate at increased capacity of 50% Under the condition that operators ensure that all adult guests are fully vaccinated with exemptions for those under 18…..

Has anyone heard anything on RCI? 

This covers cruises between now and 19/7 when of course everything’s back to normal 🧐

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1