Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

25 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

Has anyone had an update on the Scottish ports of call on upcoming cruises ? Google gives conflicting views on whether all the restrictions have been lifted.

We’re on the August 15th sailing and can’t wait 😀

We are also on August 15th.

As far as I am aware the move to level zero in Scotland means cruise ships can now dock.

I'm still not clear exactly whether we can go off on our own , or only through ship excursions- this may only be confirmed closer to the time,  and may depend on the Scottish government's requirements. 

31 days to go - can’t wait for our first family holiday in 2 years 😊

Just tried my suit on for the first time in a while, it doesn’t fit - not entirely surprising! What are the expectations for formal night on UK sailings, is it a big thing or can I get away with smart trousers and shirts (8 night sailing).

Kevin

35 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

Just tried my suit on for the first time in a while, it doesn’t fit - not entirely surprising! What are the expectations for formal night on UK sailings, is it a big thing or can I get away with smart trousers and shirts (8 night sailing).

Kevin

We have just come off the 7th July sailing (the first sailing) with 1000 passengers, it was very relaxed and formal night was the second night. It was very relaxed and am sure you will be fine in smart shirt and trousers.  You will have a great time.

1 hour ago, kw1816 said:

Kevin

First family holiday in two years, wear what you like and enjoy.

38 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

We have just come off the 7th July sailing (the first sailing) with 1000 passengers, it was very relaxed and formal night was the second night. It was very relaxed and am sure you will be fine in smart shirt and trousers.  You will have a great time.

Funnily enough was just trying on half my clothes to see what decent tops that may still fit - and basically just praying a smart top and my black trousers and converse will be ok for formal nights - as that is basically all I own - haven't owned a dress in over 20 years - and normally cruise NCL so don't have to worry about anything directly called a formal night. 

Guest BigRoger
On 7/15/2021 at 9:01 PM, gilbster said:

Funnily enough was just trying on half my clothes to see what decent tops that may still fit - and basically just praying a smart top and my black trousers and converse will be ok for formal nights - as that is basically all I own - haven't owned a dress in over 20 years - and normally cruise NCL so don't have to worry about anything directly called a formal night. 

Hi don't have any concerns at all….. we are also on 15th as others have said they are… reality is it’s totally personal choice what anyone wears on any evening of the cruise…. Our personal choice is we really like getting very dressed up so I’ll be taking the tux…. Matters not a jot to me or DW whether others do the same or choose to dress more casually…. We are all on vacation and trying to enjoy ourselves in our own way…..

In contrast we’ve done Norwegian many times and always dress up ‘elegantly’ for a few nights and never felt uncomfortable in any way. 

That said as I called out an obnoxious poster in another post who was slagging off people who dress up as being idiots… it’s not a badge of honour and pride to dress like a slob and slag others off for not doing the same…. 

just do your thing and enjoy it!

14 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Hi don't have any concerns at all….. we are also on 15th as others have said they are… reality is it’s totally personal choice what anyone wears on any evening of the cruise…. Our personal choice is we really like getting very dressed up so I’ll be taking the tux…. Matters not a jot to me or DW whether others do the same or choose to dress more casually…. We are all on vacation and trying to enjoy ourselves in our own way…..

In contrast we’ve done Norwegian many times and always dress up ‘elegantly’ for a few nights and never felt uncomfortable in any way. 

That said as I called out an obnoxious poster in another post who was slagging off people who dress up as being idiots… it’s not a badge of honour and pride to dress like a slob and slag others off for not doing the same…. 

just do your thing and enjoy it!

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, so long as I can still get dinner somewhere on the ship, and not be turned away.  I do tend to dress up in the evenings on a cruise, but dressed up for me as in fancy tops instead of a regular t-shirt which I may wear out on land!  Very happy to see all the stunning outfits of everyone else - and also love seeing men walking around in a tux.  

Have no problems with what others wear just want to make sure I'm not completely out of place or likely to be ridiculed.  

Guest BigRoger
15 minutes ago, gilbster said:

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, so long as I can still get dinner somewhere on the ship, and not be turned away.  I do tend to dress up in the evenings on a cruise, but dressed up for me as in fancy tops instead of a regular t-shirt which I may wear out on land!  Very happy to see all the stunning outfits of everyone else - and also love seeing men walking around in a tux.  

Have no problems with what others wear just want to make sure I'm not completely out of place or likely to be ridiculed.  

You’ll be grand…. No one ever turned anyone away…. (See the endless prepandemic posts about seeing shorts and swim wear in dining rooms!)

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks has anyone got/ seen the cruise compasses for Anthem for the cruises held so far please? I’m interested what times the quizzes and shows are each evening and fitting in with dining!!!! Thanks 

2 hours ago, BigRoger said:

You’ll be grand…. No one ever turned anyone away…. (See the endless prepandemic posts about seeing shorts and swim wear in dining rooms!)

I may be on the more casual side but even I wouldn't attempt to wear my bikini into any dining room for dinner! Shorts in a heatwave possibly - but knowing how air conned ships tend to be, I'm very happy in trousers normally!! 

36 minutes ago, strickers said:

There were yes. Bring your own milk jiggers and tea bags though, unless you like powdered milk?

Or you could ask for a carton of milk from the windjammer,  the ones that are for cereal, and keep it in the coolbox/mini fridge in the room

Agree to take your own tea bags  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Hi folks has anyone got/ seen the cruise compasses for Anthem for the cruises held so far please? I’m interested what times the quizzes and shows are each evening and fitting in with dining!!!! Thanks 

Trivia 5-5.45 in Schooner bar. 7-7.45 in different venues.

Morning quiz 9.30 - 10 in Music Hall and Progressive Quiz 10.45-11.30 in the Two70.

Shows have been at 7.30 and around 9.45 and reservations are required.

• Thanks 1

Someone on our cruises FB page has posted that a friend of his on the 25th July cruise has had an email from Royal stating that they will only be allowed off the ship on RC sponsored shore excursion - in other words to protect the ship bubble.

Can't say I'm surprised at this given the current case rates in England.

We are booked for mid August,  and I fully expect the same conditions to apply for our cruise.

No problem for me at all , but some may not be happy.

They have offered to reschedule or refund the cruise if its a problem.

3 minutes ago, Stevio said:

Wondering if the Anthem Windjammer buffet is open in the evenings for dinner?

Read that on the first cruises on Adventure it was closed.

The app for our mid August cruise shows the windjammer as open for dinner , but I know that on the current cruises it is not.

I think I remember them saying that the ship needed to have at least 50% of its normal passenger capacity for it to be worth opening the windjammer for dinner.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

The app for our mid August cruise shows the windjammer as open for dinner , but I know that on the current cruises it is not.

I think I remember them saying that the ship needed to have at least 50% of its normal passenger capacity for it to be worth opening the windjammer for dinner.

Thanks for the info. It does look by the available rooms that there will not be 50% on the 25 July cruise, so will assume it to be closed and plan our meals accordingly...

P.S. You were correct about the tours email, we have just received ours.

Edited by Stevio

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Trivia 5-5.45 in Schooner bar. 7-7.45 in different venues.

Morning quiz 9.30 - 10 in Music Hall and Progressive Quiz 10.45-11.30 in the Two70.

Shows have been at 7.30 and around 9.45 and reservations are required.

Very many thanks for this info….. yep DW has seen the change to ‘bubble’ excursions from free ability to get off…. Not really a surprise given our government has adopted a summer approach of encouraging ‘herd immunity’ for those not vaccinated - just my opinion but it’s deliberate to try to get as many who refuse vaccination with antibodies before winter…. What did Bozo reportedly say…. ‘Let it rip’….

Definitely spoils it somewhat but totally understand the approach from RC perspective - last thing they want is for passengers to catch something on a self managed trip off the ship and bring it on board and infecting others…. The problem is the (worldwide) PR stories given the amount of journalists thirsting for a ‘it’s happening again in the cruise ship Petri dishes……’ 

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

Someone on our cruises FB page has posted that a friend of his on the 25th July cruise has had an email from Royal stating that they will only be allowed off the ship on RC sponsored shore excursion - in other words to protect the ship bubble.

Can't say I'm surprised at this given the current case rates in England.

We are booked for mid August,  and I fully expect the same conditions to apply for our cruise.

No problem for me at all , but some may not be happy.

They have offered to reschedule or refund the cruise if its a problem.

Here's the email and it's a cancel from me AGAIN!

Dear Guest,

We've been preparing for your 25 July, 2021 sailing onboard Anthem of the Seas and wanted to share some important information regarding our Shore Excursion requirements.

In abundance of caution, when visiting the ports on our itinerary, all guests will now be required to participate in Shore Excursions offered by local tour operators approved by Royal Caribbean. These tours meet our health and safety requirements for guests and all guests are subject to restrictions and requirements as defined by local authorities in the ports we visit.

This decision was made to protect you and the communities we visit. To help offset this change, on this sailing, we are offering a 20% discount on select tours purchased onboard. Once onboard, please visit the Shore Excursions desk on Deck 5 and our amazing team will help find the perfect excursion that will give you that adventure you've been looking for or the laidback vacation you've been dreaming about for over a year.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1-800-256-6649. We will gladly answer your questions and work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.

Click here if you would like to revisit all health requirements for your sailing.

We look forward to having you onboard for our Royal Comeback!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez 

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Or you could ask for a carton of milk from the windjammer,  the ones that are for cereal, and keep it in the coolbox/mini fridge in the room

Agree to take your own tea bags  

That's what we do.