Celebrity Edge May 2021 on the App

AbbyCruiser45

Hi all- 

I was playing around on the Celebrity App last night (I don't feel like I have to defend this to you all 🙂) and I noticed that the Edge had several 4 and 5 day sailings in May. What's really interesting is that they are Caribbean 4 and 5 day sailings to Perfect Day and Nassau. So these aren't old sailings since Edge would be in Europe at that point in 2021 normally. These aren't listed on the website either. From memory, I don't think Celebrity has gone to Perfect Day before. I also noticed that there was a button for "safety" which looks to be their digital muster. Very interesting and promising. Perhaps these are their test sailings? Any thoughts?

IMG_9109.jpeg

IMG_9110.jpeg

IMG_9111.jpeg

IMG_9112.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps this will clarify.

Celebrity: May 1, 2021

Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled for the 2020-2021 season.

In addition: The May 1 Transatlantic crossing on Apex; May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended

This is X's input from the March 3 Cruise Critic article on when ocean cruises will resume. Looks like Caribbean cruises only beginning May 1 through at least October. Not surprising.  

• Thanks 1

They are putting the wheels in motion since the muster drill will use the app, but I wouldn't read too much into it quite just yet. Edge, Summit and Equinox all have varying descriptions. 

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_3B86F43C2D0A-1.jpeg

Edited by paulh84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's cool about this discovery is that it gives one hope that things are actually going on "behind the scenes" in preparation to restart cruising. I know we shouldn't read too much into this, but any inkling of news suggesting a possibility for us to get back to cruising is a good thing! Thanks @AbbyCruiser45for uncovering this little tidbit of info on the X app!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If I ever let test data leak out on the production platform I'd be looking for a new job the next day!   Very unprofessional but what can you expect from Celebrity IT.   The app has been embarrassing.  

Likening this very vanilla and totally insignificant "test cruising" data to anything remarkable or proprietary is rather risible. Certainly nothing here to get X concerned about. 

I wasn't saying the data had any value.  We all use junk data in our development testing.  Letting it show in your production platform is what I was talking about and wouldn't be tolerated in any professional development environment I've worked in.  Just unprofessional.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What's cool about this discovery is that it gives one hope that things are actually going on "behind the scenes" in preparation to restart cruising. I know we shouldn't read too much into this, but any inkling of news suggesting a possibility for us to get back to cruising is a good thing! Thanks @AbbyCruiser45for uncovering this little tidbit of info on the X app!

Exactly! We have a July Equinox booked and we're not taking this as a sign that anything is for sure going (in fact we booked a refundable land vacation last week as back up) but it is a sign that there is something of a plan! 

11 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Why does this thread remind me of people reading tea leaves?

It's not reading tea leaves-- again I am not one to be overly optimistic for a quick return to sailing. I just pointed out that Celebrity is working on brief sailings on the Edge that they have never done before in the early summer months. For some, that gives warranted hope that there is at least a plan moving forward. 

• Like 1