NCL Refuses to Honor Loyalty Reward?

Stickboy3327

Maybe I'm missing out in something but if NCL sent me an offer for 25% off and then refused to extend the date to the time when they were operational,  I'd be pissed too.  And I'm I'm wrong,  then I'd want them to explain exactly why I was wrong.   We've all made mistakes but we've all also spoken to poor customer service agents who escalate the issue instead of solving it.

If I still believe I was entitled to the offer, I wouldn't waste any more time with the regular customer service line.  Call me Karen (actually don't,  I'm a guy) but I'd call the company's executive offices and NICELY (this is the key) tell them how excited I was for my canceled trip.  Like every other passenger I was disappointed it was canceled but understand it was a pandemic and unprecedented times.  I became even more excited when I got an email offering the 25% off because now maybe I can do 2 cruises or try and upgrade to something I couldn't afford previously,  etc etc.  However,  that quickly turned to a negative when I was to use the discount    I tried calling customer service multiple times but they couldn't find a record,  even when I offered to forward them the email.   Is really like to book the ...... voyage on the ...... ship scheduled for .......  Is there any way we can have this investigated at a higher level so I can continue my loyalty with NCL.

In my experience,  you might not get everything you're hoping for but they usually try to find a way to make you happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

Maybe I'm missing out in something but if NCL sent me an offer for 25% off and then refused to extend the date to the time when they were operational,  I'd be pissed too.  And I'm I'm wrong,  then I'd want them to explain exactly why I was wrong.   We've all made mistakes but we've all also spoken to poor customer service agents who escalate the issue instead of solving it.

If I still believe I was entitled to the offer, I wouldn't waste any more time with the regular customer service line.  Call me Karen (actually don't,  I'm a guy) but I'd call the company's executive offices and NICELY (this is the key) tell them how excited I was for my canceled trip.  Like every other passenger I was disappointed it was canceled but understand it was a pandemic and unprecedented times.  I became even more excited when I got an email offering the 25% off because now maybe I can do 2 cruises or try and upgrade to something I couldn't afford previously,  etc etc.  However,  that quickly turned to a negative when I was to use the discount    I tried calling customer service multiple times but they couldn't find a record,  even when I offered to forward them the email.   Is really like to book the ...... voyage on the ...... ship scheduled for .......  Is there any way we can have this investigated at a higher level so I can continue my loyalty with NCL.

In my experience,  you might not get everything you're hoping for but they usually try to find a way to make you happy.

While we were never given full details, it appears OP was not eligible for the 25% offer.

Possibly because he took the cash refund rather than FCC.

We'll likely never know.

For what it’s worth, my family cruise on carnival has been canceled 3 times, with my 4th attempt booked for January of 2022.  

Carnival has been great through all of it and I’ve not lost a dime on any of my attempts to book.  My wife and I now have free booze for our cabin on top of $300 in OBC for each of the 3 cabins we have. 

On 3/19/2021 at 2:23 PM, Yesimapirate said:

NCL's shoreside guest services team is... not really customer-service oriented. Maybe it's different for platinums and up, but we've got 29 days on NCL and they could care less. 

You can't speak to anyone on the phone, it all has to be done via a web form and then email. Great for documentation, poor for getting resolution. Calling the c-suite? I don't think they'd even pick up the phone. 

NCL guest services also has a habit of just copying and pasting dismissively. Multiple people in guest services have used the phrase "we consider this matter closed" when I've requested an extension of the discount beyond February 2021... which is just odd? 

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when I said in early 2020 that people should simply charge back their cruise fares via their credit cards, and not count on NCL to make this right?

I got all kinds of hate, was called all kinds of nasty names, and was told I was a dishonest piece of trash.

Always take care of yourself first, and never worry about what big corporations want you to do.  You will always get shafted in the end if you don't take non-standard matters into your own hands.

Edited by pokerpro5
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2021 at 3:46 PM, AstoriaPreppy said:

NCL's shoreside guest services team is... not really customer-service oriented. Maybe it's different for platinums and up, but we've got 29 days on NCL and they could care less. 

You can't speak to anyone on the phone, it all has to be done via a web form and then email. Great for documentation, poor for getting resolution. Calling the c-suite? I don't think they'd even pick up the phone. 

NCL guest services also has a habit of just copying and pasting dismissively. Multiple people in guest services have used the phrase "we consider this matter closed" when I've requested an extension of the discount beyond February 2021... which is just odd? 

We are plat plus and NCL could care less.  Had one issue with total run around.  Finally wrote to Miami exec office and whoever read it sent back to same department that blew us off.  Guess what, that same department, four years later, never responded.