hold definition

thepla

Never sailed Carnival..

Found a really good deal leaving Brisbane June 2022. Seven days Balcony was like $550 and it said 50AUD per person deposit. Put on hold, deposit says $154 which seems to be 100AUD. Still seems reasonable since website says $500 would be standard deposit.

Rate has jumped in last hour over $100 per person and says promo is over March 16th. Hold says expires March 17th.

My question is price honored until March 16 when promo ends or March 17th when hold ends? Logically it ends March 17th. Reason I do not just do deposit now is because my son will be graduating eighth grade and in past his last day would be Thursday and last day of school is Friday. Need to get clarification.

If we leave last flight from ORD Friday we at best get into Brisbane 7am day of cruise. I do not like that scenario.

Thanks

I would never book a cruise where I had to book a flight which at best arrives at 7 am. What if they change flight times between  now and then. So much could happen on such a long flight. I wouldnt. 

If you miss the ship, the good deal wouldnt help. Either take him out of school early or book a little cruise closer to home.

• Like 3

Like mentioned above ..... I'd never try to make that long of a flight around to the other side of the world to get there a few hours before boarding.  I wouldn't even travel to Australia from the states for no less than two days before cruising let alone a few hours. 

• Like 3

I understand, my concern is same, why asked about hold period vs promo period.

If we can leave Thursday evening (based on last few years graduation is Thursday and last day is rest of middle school) than I feel OK getting there Saturday am for Sunday cruise.

I will not get an answer until Monday or maybe even Tuesday.

I had a cruise on hold this week - promo ended day before my hold ended - “hold” price and OBC was honored just as I had made it - fact that promo I booked ended prior to hold did not affect my price and $50 OBC. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I had a cruise on hold this week - promo ended day before my hold ended - “hold” price and OBC was honored just as I had made it - fact that promo I booked ended prior to hold did not affect my price and $50 OBC. 

My cruise has been on hold since like forever lol. Since the lockdown I had like three cruises postponed and cancelled. I wont make the same mistake again. I will try to avoid such deals in the future 

It was my understanding the OP was asking if the price if a cruise “on hold” is honored if the price has gone up while “on hold.” I was saying that YES the price you have on during the hold period will be honored. While booking a cruise, you can hold a cruise for about 90 hours before you make the initial deposit. Roger 88, I am suggesting this is what the OP was asking. It was not referring to cruises we are all waiting for.

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

My cruise has been on hold since like forever lol. Since the lockdown I had like three cruises postponed and cancelled. I wont make the same mistake again. I will try to avoid such deals in the future 

Edited by cellfree

When you place a cruise on hold, you are essentially doing a booking (with a booking number) without a deposit.  As long as you pay the required deposit before the hold expiration, the price and any onboard credit offers will be honored.  This has been the case with a few cruises I have had on hold in the past, including one this week.

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

When you place a cruise on hold, you are essentially doing a booking (with a booking number) without a deposit.  As long as you pay the required deposit before the hold expiration, the price and any onboard credit offers will be honored.  This has been the case with a few cruises I have had on hold in the past, including one this week.

Agree. You expressed it better than I. I felt Roger88 was referring to something different. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Thanks, yes that is what I was asking. I felt confident they would honor price until 90 hours was up just wanted to get clarified if 90 hours was past promo date would it be honored. It was logical that it would be good up until 90 hours but I am pretty new to cruising and new on Carnival.