Royal sailing from Bahamas this summer

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.creative.rccl.com%2Fe-lite%2FRCI%2F2014%2FMasters%2Femail_temp%2FHTML%2Fimages%2Fspacer.gif&d=2021-03-19T16%3A07%3A18.531Z
ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS SAILING FROM NASSASU,BAHAMAS
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.creative.rccl.com%2Fe-lite%2FRCI%2F2014%2FMasters%2Femail_temp%2FHTML%2Fimages%2Fspacer.gif&d=2021-03-19T16%3A07%3A18.531Z
With a year as trying as the one we’ve just endured, it makes future vacation planning and the long-awaited return of cruising that much more exhilarating. For more than 50 years, Royal Caribbean has delivered unforgettable vacation memories and we can’t wait to welcome your clients back onboard once again. So, after an unprecedented pause, we’re thrilled to announce that cruising is BACK! Beginning in June 2021, departures will resume as we introduce Adventure of the Seas® to her new homeport of Nassau, Bahamas. Offering weeklong getaways, vacationers can enjoy a day in Cozumel, Mexico, as well as an island-hopping sampler of popular Bahamian ports — including Grand Bahama Island and two consecutive days at our very own private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay.

These exciting new itineraries will set sail June through August 2021, inviting fully vaccinated guests 18 years of age and older, as well as children under the age of 18 with proof of negative COVID-19 test results. Rest-assured, the well-being of our guests and crew remains a top-priority and we look forward to a gradual and safe return to cruising. Details on additional health and safety measures will be announced at a later date.
  • Like 13

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Have they published the actual itinerary dates? I see these will be available for booking on the 24th.

Not seeing anything yet; wish they would put out more detailed info ahead of time as Crystal did. Perhaps they will.

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

So this tells me it'll be a long, long time before the CDC allows them to cruise.

10 minutes ago, danv3 said:

That's what I see here as well.

Or at least thru August as both Royal & Celebrity sailing are Jun-Aug.  Which actually jives with another timeline that IF (big if) the CDC relaxes its restrictions  in mid-May & the cruise lines need 60-90 days to ramp up, it puts us mid-Aug. Let's throw in another 30 days for unforeseen obstacles and cruising could begin in Sept.

But I neither possess a Magic 8 ball or fortune lady with crystal ball so  I'll leave the WAGS to others.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

I will not be flying to these ports I prefer to fly to Florida to catch a cruise...

From where I live, it’s a 1 hour and 30 minute flight  to Miami or 1 hour and 50 minute flight to Nassau. I can deal with the extra 20 minutes  if that’s what I need to do! 😂

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Or it will speed it up if they show it can be done successfully.

I know it's a long shot, but any chance that the health and safety protocols information gathered from the Adventure and Millennium sailing could be used to satisfy the "test cruise" requirements?   As well as Odyssey & Quantum.

I realize the last 2 are slightly different situation with residency bubbles but many of the health protocols are still the same.

1 minute ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

so even if someone has proof of vaccine they still have to test everyone???

In my humble opinion yes. As the cruise industry ramps up again, I think it’s very wise to be overly cautious initially and then ease up on these protocols and restrictions. Any setback could cripple the entire cruise industry further. I’d rather see the cruise lines take a more conservative approach at this time. 

I know. It’s not fun. But for those who are willing to be participants, it’s a thrilling turn of events. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tapi said:

In my humble opinion yes. As the cruise industry ramps up again, I think it’s very wise to be overly cautious initially and then ease up on these protocols and restrictions. Any setback could cripple the entire cruise industry further. I’d rather see the cruise lines take a more conservative approach at this time. 

I know. It’s not fun. But for those who are willing to be participants, it’s a thrilling turn of events. 

That looks like a Bahamas requirement. Plus the vaccine cards are so easily fabricated.