Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

57 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Ours also. It's pretty much standard in travel insurance, I believe. We go for cruise cover+ as well. Fairly modest cost in the overall travel expenditure. It's not just recovering any costs, it is the support provided when other things may be on the go.

For my annual policy for a couple they wanted over £70 just for the cruise plus option which after purchasing the policy through a cashback site was as nearly as much as the annual policy so we gave it a miss.

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

For my annual policy for a couple they wanted over £70 just for the cruise plus option which after purchasing the policy through a cashback site was as nearly as much as the annual policy so we gave it a miss.

Our Annual worldwide including USA and cruise cover + and health screening in a tad under £600. So the extra for us isn't much. 

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Our Annual worldwide including USA and cruise cover + and health screening in a tad under £600. So the extra for us isn't much. 

WOW if we had taken out cruise plus on top of Europe cover and a couple of health screening issues, nothing serious just normal old age problems for a couple in early 60s, it would have cost us less than £200. When we are due for renewal next year we will need Worldwide cover to include USA because we are doing a roundtrip TA on QM2 and hope it isnt that much.

Edited by majortom10

Just now, majortom10 said:

WOW if we had taken out cruise plus on top of Europe cover and a couple of health screening issues, nothing serious just normal old age problems for a couple in early 60s, it would have cost us less than £200. When we are due for renewal next year we will need Worldwide cover because we are doing a roundtrip TA on QM2 and hope it isnt that much.

Just wait til you reach more mature years. Ours jumped when I reached 70. You then try a comparison site........computer says no🤣

2 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

I have been looking at staysure  annual insurance only had single trip before with other insurance company's but we now have 2 cruises next year due to cancellation do you take out the extra cruise cover? My main concern is missing the ship in ports, although don't think it would happen as we take p o excursions, but like to be covered just incase. 

Hi Tikka we didn’t take out the extra cruise cover and we have only got cover for our cruises around the British isles we have two booked one in August on Iona and one in October on QE we will after those cruises add on cover for Europe.

7 hours ago, Glad Bailey said:

Just for information  - have annual travel insurance with Avanti and they

have issued an endorsement to say we are covered for a 4 night Staycation

cruise with Princess.

Avanti are the same company as Staysure.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:59 AM, Tikka234 said:

I have been looking at staysure  annual insurance only had single trip before with other insurance company's but we now have 2 cruises next year due to cancellation do you take out the extra cruise cover? My main concern is missing the ship in ports, although don't think it would happen as we take p o excursions, but like to be covered just incase. 

If you take cruise ship excursions the ship usually guarantees they will wait for cruise ship excursions returning.

Hi, 

Can I just check, is it only CoverForYou that explicitly says they cover for UK coastal cruises and UK cruises to nowhere i.e. I’m mainly talking about onboard medical and repatriation costs?

https://www.coverforyou.com/faqs_travel.php#am-i-covered-for-a-cruise

They only insure upto 75 years old which is ok for me but not my mother who will 82 years old. Am I right that Staysure and Avanti also provides the cover but you have to phone up?

Both of us have annual travel insurance through Nationwide FlexPlus but they have said cover is not included for medical and £10000 only for repatriation.

3 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Hi, 

Can I just check, is it only CoverForYou that explicitly says they cover for UK coastal cruises and UK cruises to nowhere i.e. I’m mainly talking about onboard medical and repatriation costs?

They only insure upto 75 years old which is ok for me but not my mother who will 82 years old. Am I right that Staysure and Avanti also provides the cover but you have to phone up?

Both of us have annual travel insurance through Nationwide FlexPlus but they have said cover is not included for medical and £10000 only for repatriation.

Staysure can be bought online but you have to phone or use webchat to request the endorsement.

44 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Hi, 

Obviously other insurance companies, like staysure and avanti, (Both same companies,  TICORP Ltd )   may cover for UK Cruises and Cruises to nowhere, but you need to have the necessary cover for the line on which you are travelling. You need to shop around or use a broker.  Those questions and clarification by cover for  you are really useful when asking around and help to ensure that you have the correct cover. 

Edited by LifeonMars

3 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Hi, 

Yes you can get insurance for UK coastal cruises with Staysure for P&O/Cunard/Princess but not sure about other cruise lines  and if there is an age limit but I think you will have to phone up because they send you an endorsement letter by e-mail with all the details on. I should imagine Avanti will do the same but should imagine they would be the same price as they are same company as Staysure.

Edited by majortom10

Apologies if this has been covered earlier. The Barclays Bank Travel Pack has a telephone number which may put your mind at ease re “does it cover cruises and P&O minimum requirements ?”

If you dial 0800 158 2690 there is a message confirming both points.

For when you cruise you can log in to www.aviva.co.uk/Barclays travel proof and fill in a form and you will be emailed certificate and details of cover

hope that helps - apologies again if I’m repeating what has gone before

12 hours ago, rosevew said:

I think you need to speak to Nationwide again, as I saw elsewhere that they are now covering it.

Thanks, nothing has changed on their website but I will contact them. I just wish they had an email or chat facility so I have a hard copy of any reply but they only provide a phone number.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Orianababes said:

Apologies if this has been covered earlier. The Barclays Bank Travel Pack has a telephone number which may put your mind at ease re “does it cover cruises and P&O minimum requirements ?”

For when you cruise you can log in to www.aviva.co.uk/Barclays travel proof and fill in a form and you will be emailed certificate and details of cover

Just checked the site it is saying no page found

13 hours ago, Orianababes said:

I had that message as well went  onto aviva/proof nothing on there. Have tried numerous times also tried to phone all automated cannot speak to anyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Thanks, nothing has changed on their website but I will contact them. I just wish they had an email or chat facility so I have a hard copy of any reply but they only provide a phone number.

Nationwide are driving me mad with all this. Just wish they would put a clear statement on their website like some other insurers have done. And I agree, we need it in writing as if you phone, you get people getting told different things. 

11 minutes ago, john1970 said:

You need to take out the spaces between barclays travel proof. It has to be all one word.

Thanks for that just done it, they are sending me conformation 

15 hours ago, Orianababes said:

Our M&S premium club travel insurance is underwritten by Aviva too.  Have gone online and requested travel proof.  Awaiting a reply but assume if they are under writers for other banks we will be covered as if it was Europe despite the ship not leaving domestic waters. 
interestingly when I did a comparison quote from holiday extras when I selected UK  cruise I had to go back and check the box for Europe too. 

I know this years seacations are something new but surely this has cropped up before with cruises that only sailed around the UK .  

1 hour ago, seapals2 said:

Our M&S premium club travel insurance is underwritten by Aviva too.  Have gone online and requested travel proof.  Awaiting a reply but assume if they are under writers for other banks we will be covered as if it was Europe despite the ship not leaving domestic waters. 
interestingly when I did a comparison quote from holiday extras when I selected UK  cruise I had to go back and check the box for Europe too. 

I know this years seacations are something new but surely this has cropped up before with cruises that only sailed around the UK .  

Majority, if not all, past cruises before Covid which have been around the British Isles hav ealways had a port of call in Southern Ireland or France so normal Europe cruise cover insurance has covered you for the whole cruise.

• Like 2

Filled in form for barclays travel proof. Received confirmation but wording says 10million outside of UK. Phoned up, they said we are definately covered as they changed their policy on 23rd april to include these staycations. She is going to investigate as she doesn't know why it doesn't mention the cruise cover. Said it will probably be next week before I hear anything as it is the weekend. She did try and find out but couldn't. Hopefully I will hear soon. They just need to change the wording as it is word for word what is in travel pack document.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, delgirl said:

Filled in form for barclays travel proof. Received confirmation but wording says 10million outside of UK. Phoned up, they said we are definately covered as they changed their policy on 23rd april to include these staycations. She is going to investigate as she doesn't know why it doesn't mention the cruise cover. Said it will probably be next week before I hear anything as it is the weekend. She did try and find out but couldn't. Hopefully I will hear soon. They just need to change the wording as it is word for word what is in travel pack document.

You were lucky to speak to a person.  I tried several different options of selection but always ended up with send us an email.  😬.   I think as soon as you step onboard .. they consider you to be abroad. 😎😎.  Even if we only go a few miles off the coast.