Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Having read the the quoted post, we have come to a decision. If the same insurance problems and criteria are the same for our October cruise, then there will be no October cruise. Who needs all the stress and worry after the last 14 months we've just had?  Certainly not us.

Avril

If cruise lines make things too difficult you will not be alone in cancelling.

The whole point in booking a seacation was to avoid the stress associated with airports. They must be struggling for bookings as we are being bombarded by emails and snail mail offers.

Adverse experiences at embarkation will not help sell future cruises or encourage people to pay final balances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

If cruise lines make things too difficult you will not be alone in cancelling.

The whole point in booking a seacation was to avoid the stress associated with airports. They must be struggling for bookings as we are being bombarded by emails and snail mail offers.

Adverse experiences at embarkation will not help sell future cruises or encourage people to pay final balances.

I had a short questionaire from P&O earlier on today, as I'm sure many others have. Just the usual questions age, number of cruises taken, another cruise booked or not, but  about 80% of it, was about cruising with covid protocols, and should crew be vaccinated and tested etc etc. I think they've finally realised they have a problem. 

Avril

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've recieved two emails  from P&O this morning re our B2B cruises in October. They state clearly the exact insurance requirements they need for their pasengers regarding Covid. It's now up to us to make sure we're fully covered, not them.  We are adults after all.

Avril

Avril, from reading Moleys last few posts he was very sceptical about Aurora and Arcadia restarting cruising until spring next year. So it may be premature to be buying travel insurance.

22 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, from reading Moleys last few posts he was very sceptical about Aurora and Arcadia restarting cruising until spring next year. So it may be premature to be buying travel insurance.

I've absolutely no intention of buying any travel insurance yet John, not until we're 100% certain the cruise will go, or if in fact we still want to be on it if it does. We're playing the waiting game.

Avril

• Like 1

I must admit this insurance business is one of the main reasons I’m not doing one of these seacation cruises! I’m already thinking I won’t go out much in the week or so before my July UK holiday as I’m afraid I’ll get ‘pinged’ by track and trace and not be able to go! 

I looked at P&O’s recommended insurance for next years cruise - £200 for 14 nights!! I paid half that for an annual policy in 2019!

19 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I must admit this insurance business is one of the main reasons I’m not doing one of these seacation cruises! I’m already thinking I won’t go out much in the week or so before my July UK holiday as I’m afraid I’ll get ‘pinged’ by track and trace and not be able to go! 

I looked at P&O’s recommended insurance for next years cruise - £200 for 14 nights!! I paid half that for an annual policy in 2019!

I think being careful a week or two before your July holiday is a very wise idea....... it is always a risk when checking into various places isn’t it?

Insurance is certainly going to become a more major part of a holiday cost now. I think the 12 day policy for my Christmas markets cruise in Dec 2019 cost me £38.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

I think being careful a week or two before your July holiday is a very wise idea....... it is always a risk when checking into various places isn’t it?

Insurance is certainly going to become a more major part of a holiday cost now. I think the 12 day policy for my Christmas markets cruise in Dec 2019 cost me £38.....

Definitely! I have my son’s birthday the end of June and my Dad’s two days  before we go. Garden entertaining again by the looks of it! 

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Definitely! I have my son’s birthday the end of June and my Dad’s two days  before we go. Garden entertaining again by the looks of it! 

Sounds perfect as long as the weather behaves!

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

We have insurance through our bank which helps and will cover if we get 'pinged' by track and trace before we go.However at the moment I have turned the contact tracing off my NHS app and am just signing in to venues with pen and paper.I don't mind self isolating if someone has covid at a particular venue that i have attended but I have heard there are errors sometimes and I certainly don't want to miss a holiday because I have been contacted but cannot be told where or who has covid who I have been near when it might be an error

• Like 3

On 5/26/2021 at 11:50 AM, Pink-belle said:

We are fortunate to be using this Forum and are aware, there will be many others who are not. 

Dead right. I've just showed my boss, who's going on his first cruise, what he needs to be printing out and taking with him, eg cover letter and so on. He had no idea, and would've been in a situation, had I not made him aware 

• Like 2

Another thing to be aware of the endorsement letter from Staysure does not have a policy number or the dates of the period covered so in my opinion a worthless bit of paper. I have written to Staysure and they just show the policy wording document, that's 50 pages!

Yes you could show it on a phone etc or print the relevant pages out but again you have to be sure you can link it to the policy purchased.

Just wish I wasn't on the first cruise with P&O so I had a clue before heading for the port.  

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:25 PM, Adawn47 said:

I've absolutely no intention of buying any travel insurance yet John, not until we're 100% certain the cruise will go, or if in fact we still want to be on it if it does. We're playing the waiting game.

Avril

The problem with playing the waiting game is P&O want the balance 90 days before a cruise, and the travel agent wants it a week or so before that, so we'll have to make decisions before we really know what's going to be happening.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:36 AM, ann141 said:

We have insurance through our bank which helps and will cover if we get 'pinged' by track and trace before we go.However at the moment I have turned the contact tracing off my NHS app and am just signing in to venues with pen and paper.I don't mind self isolating if someone has covid at a particular venue that i have attended but I have heard there are errors sometimes and I certainly don't want to miss a holiday because I have been contacted but cannot be told where or who has covid who I have been near when it might be an error

Once I read that I could be forced to isolate because that app said I'd been near someone,  but the couldn't tell me who, at some time but they couldn't tell me when, at some place but they couldn't tell me where. I just said no thank you. I just sign in , and alter my initials each time, so if I get a phone call I know where. Luckily very low rate in South West. 

Its unimaginable that a police officer  could arrive at your house and say I'm arresting you for a crime but i cant say what crime,  or where or when it was committed. 

I'm waiting until final payment for insurance,  last year cost £600 for annual policy so far looks like only one holiday  which we could have insured for under a hundred 

24 minutes ago, Valfan said:

The problem with playing the waiting game is P&O want the balance 90 days before a cruise, and the travel agent wants it a week or so before that, so we'll have to make decisions before we really know what's going to be happening.

We should know a little more about cruises resuming (not seacations) on June 21st. The balance for our  October 9th cruise is July 11th, so hopefully things should be a little clearer by then. At the moment some September cruises have had the payment date reduced to 30days, so we will just hang in there and wait. If a balance date is going to be reduced it has usually been announced before the 90 day deadline. If not we shall pay the balance when due and if necessary move the money to another cruise later on. Booking cruises at the moment is certainly not for the faint-hearted that's for sure.

Avril

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 9:36 AM, ann141 said:

I was told to self isolate by the app during the lockdown, at the beginning of the year. The one and only place I'd been was Sainsbury's. I always went late at night so that it was quiet, I didn't get close to anyone and yet somehow the app thought I'd been in close contact with a covid positive person!! 

31 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I was told to self isolate by the app during the lockdown, at the beginning of the year. The one and only place I'd been was Sainsbury's. I always went late at night so that it was quiet, I didn't get close to anyone and yet somehow the app thought I'd been in close contact with a covid positive person!! 

That happened to my sister and she reckons she must have been close to someone in Tesco and that was late at night so quiet.Since her experience I have turned the track bit off

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, MX-Drew said:

Another thing to be aware of the endorsement letter from Staysure does not have a policy number or the dates of the period covered so in my opinion a worthless bit of paper. I have written to Staysure and they just show the policy wording document, that's 50 pages!

Yes you could show it on a phone etc or print the relevant pages out but again you have to be sure you can link it to the policy purchased.

Just wish I wasn't on the first cruise with P&O so I had a clue before heading for the port.  

Do you have the endorsement letter/email to hand? 

Our email has the policy number clearly stated in the subject line and I am addressed by name, also it mentions the up and coming P&O staycation cruise, so very much specific in our case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammyh25 said:

Our email has the policy number clearly stated in the subject line and I am addressed by name, also it mentions the up and coming P&O staycation cruise, so very much specific in our case.

Our Endorsement Letter from Staysure addresses me by name at the beginning of the letter but nowhere on the letter does it give my policy number  but does say it is applicable for "Princess (UK only) Staycation cruise endorsement". It also states that we would be covered for "pre authorised Emergency and Repatriation Expensed incurred on a Staycation cruise solely around the British Isles.

23 hours ago, sammyh25 said:

I've done the same ,had an email conversation with policy number in subject and I'm referred to by name .

However . The endorsement letter says "all policies sold by...." So when you're standing there with a certificate of insurance,you're showing a policy ,sold by ...and so on . As already mentioned ,the documents are being checked by people not in the insurance industry . Crazy really .

I have now received a new endorsement letter for Staysure stating name, policy number and the level of cover etc. Basically giving all the information that P&O and others will require on one sheet of paper which should save a lot of time at check in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

I have now received a new endorsement letter for Staysure stating name, policy number and the level of cover etc. Basically giving all the information that P&O and others will require on one sheet of paper which should save a lot of time at check in.

Did you ring Staysure about the new endorsement? The one they sent me doesn’t have any policy details etc

Thanks

10 hours ago, Aladdin22 said:

Did you ring Staysure about the new endorsement? The one they sent me doesn’t have any policy details etc

Thanks

I wrote to them pointing out the possible problems at check in and their first response was basically all the information is in the policy documents so I replied I was just try to ease things at check in and not print out all 50 pages of my policy document thus wasting paper. In response I got the new endorsement letter. I wonder if they will send it to everyone as it would be a simple email merge.

• Like 1

As I used Cover For You,I do have the 44 page policy document, additional pages about the Covid Cover, the genetic cover letter, printed from their site, saying they cover medical and repatriation on the Coastal cruises, and, oh, yes, the actual Insurance certificate to confirm DH and I actually bought the policy! 
I hope no one is caught behind me in the queue.

I am really hoping that the staff checking under go some training.  Companies like Staysure and Cover for you, are automatically covering covid and coastal cruises on police's bought after a certain date,  so they shouldn’t need to read the 50+ pages I present them with. Just check the policy is current and covers both of us.

i know I am covered if it takes a little time its a minor hindrance, nothing more, I will be on my holiday.😀

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I wrote to them pointing out the possible problems at check in and their first response was basically all the information is in the policy documents so I replied I was just try to ease things at check in and not print out all 50 pages of my policy document thus wasting paper. In response I got the new endorsement letter. I wonder if they will send it to everyone as it would be a simple email merge.

Thank you for writing to them and perhaps helping light a fire for them to be more attuned to what the cruise lines are asking.  Sorted out my coverage with Staysure, really helpful young man fixed it all up and then sent me a separate endorsement letter for each company which shows my name, policy number and specifies which cruise line and the Staysure wording laid out clearly - he also pointed me to the pages which backs this up and sent through a Verification document which is a synopsis of my coverage, dates and inclusions - really good service and I feel good to go insurance wise

• Like 1