Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

16 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Passwords are usually case sensitive. Make sure you use capitals where required.

Brian

Password saying not recognized I think I am having a senior moment

13 hours ago, L751 said:

Password saying not recognized I think I am having a senior moment

When I filled in password on the travel proof form I had to write it down because I knew I would forget as had to have a capital letter a number and a character!!!

About time for me to buy some insurance for my August staycation cruise. Single trip, aged 70 with medical conditions. Who do you reckon provides the easiest procedures to obtain all the special extra documentation required? I am initially looking at Cover for You and Staysure.

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

About time for me to buy some insurance for my August staycation cruise. Single trip, aged 70 with medical conditions. Who do you reckon provides the easiest procedures to obtain all the special extra documentation required? I am initially looking at Cover for You and Staysure.

Cover for you is all available to download on line.   Do not know about staysure, Do a quote and choose the best one for your needs.

https://www.coverforyou.com/faqs_travel.php

We understand that some cruise lines require proof of this cover so we have issued a confirmation of cover letter as follows:

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, L751 said:

Going to phone barclays, its doing my head in. I think it might of got corrupted when I downloaded it

OMG just tried to download form to print and it wouldn't open (had no problems few weeks back, but couldn't print as had no ink!!!) tried 3 times but in password kept saying can't open file. I clicked on it and a picture came up some sort of advertisement for places to eat. Got really frustrated kept clicking on picture and then lo and behold form popped up. Printed it quickly. Glad I didn't wait until just before my seacation. Did you manage to sort yours out.

35 minutes ago, delgirl said:

OMG just tried to download form to print and it wouldn't open (had no problems few weeks back, but couldn't print as had no ink!!!) tried 3 times but in password kept saying can't open file. I clicked on it and a picture came up some sort of advertisement for places to eat. Got really frustrated kept clicking on picture and then lo and behold form popped up. Printed it quickly. Glad I didn't wait until just before my seacation. Did you manage to sort yours out.

Yes I did, I downloaded it again from the email and printed it off.

As it time to buy my single trip insurance for my Iona cruise. Following this topic has been very informative and thanks to all those 'pioneers' who helped iron out all the little, and big! wrinkles.

I decided on Cover For You and it all went very well, including the little prostate problem as they had a category for no treatment required and watch and wait. All completed on line and the price was a lot less than I had budgeted for. I am now the proud possessor of several pdf files and just need to buy some more printer ink. 🙂

• Like 4

8 hours ago, davecttr said:

As it time to buy my single trip insurance for my Iona cruise. Following this topic has been very informative and thanks to all those 'pioneers' who helped iron out all the little, and big! wrinkles.

I decided on Cover For You and it all went very well, including the little prostate problem as they had a category for no treatment required and watch and wait. All completed on line and the price was a lot less than I had budgeted for. I am now the proud possessor of several pdf files and just need to buy some more printer ink. 🙂

Only problem for us with cover for you was that they only insure the under 70s.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Only problem for us with cover for you was that they only insure the under 70s.

We had a little hiccup with our Annual world wide cover with Staysure. We cancelled it and decided to do individual trips for a while. Use goodtogo for our first staycation cruise. Easy to purchase and the customer services lady knew her stuff. They do over 70's.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had a little hiccup with our Annual world wide cover with Staysure. We cancelled it and decided to do individual trips for a while. Use goodtogo for our first staycation cruise. Easy to purchase and the customer services lady knew her stuff. They do over 70's.

If you are purchasing individual trip insurance CoverForYou do the over 70's, up until 75 I believe.

6 minutes ago, davecttr said:

If you are purchasing individual trip insurance CoverForYou do the over 70's, up until 75 I believe.

I wonder why they have different age limits for annual or single trip? Anyway irrelevant really as we are both over 75.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder why they have different age limits for annual or single trip? Anyway irrelevant really as we are both over 75.

I don't think goodtogo have an upper age limit. Price no doubt goes up with ' seniority '.😁

14 hours ago, zap99 said:

I did an online quote for GTG just to compare against staysure, but they were quite a bit higher for us with all our pre-existing conditions, especially Pauline's.

Just got a Annual Eurpean policy from Staysure and they emailed a separate covering letter for the UK cruise separately. Had to do it over the phone to make sure I got the additional letter.

Tip:  Get an online price before you call. There's 15% for booking online but they will match your online price when you call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I did an online quote for GTG just to compare against staysure, but they were quite a bit higher for us with all our pre-existing conditions, especially Pauline's.

My wife has been told that she will need to have a fairly minor procedure at some point and has been put on a waiting list. Staysure said the wouldn't provide any cover for that condition. Thanks , I cancelled the policy. Goodtogo,will cover the condition , but not for cancellation if the dates clash. We are not that bothered about the extra cost. They were the only people we found who would provide cover in those circumstances. £68 for 2 people for 5 days, or Don't go. We have now taken another policy with them. I thought it was a interesting discovery this morning. 5 Days parking and 5 days travel insurance for 2 people, about the same price.

• Like 1

We are traveling on 25 July for four nights.  Phoned cover for you who were very helpful.  Booked on line and very reasonable, documentation available to download as required.   Thanks to all on this thread for the information … P&O really taking the p1ss with their recommended insurance provider.

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 2:36 PM, SailorSamtheman said:

We are traveling on 25 July for four nights.  Phoned cover for you who were very helpful.  Booked on line and very reasonable, documentation available to download as required.   Thanks to all on this thread for the information … P&O really taking the p1ss with their recommended insurance provider.

Hello.  We're travelling in April. I seem to remember P&O emailing to explain we'll only be allowed on board with sufficient insurance. I can't find a list of requirements. I assume "Cover For You" tick all the boxes?

I use “holiday extras” which is the P&O recommended one - the annual cruise cover (which includes non cruise holidays as well) was good value and the same price as a single trip cruise cover.
For us it was about £180 for a couple for 12 months.

customer service is available by online chat and is  excellent.

Easy to set up via website or the App and declare any previous conditions.

sorry if this one has already been mentioned.

paul

A lot depends on pre-existing medical conditions assuming they are going to be declared by the insured.

We've had a few quotes where certain conditions that we declared were not covered - so rather pointless using those companies. Still others won't quote at all.

Using an annual Staysure policy at the moment - not cheap but at least we are covered.

29 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

I use “holiday extras” which is the P&O recommended one - the annual cruise cover (which includes non cruise holidays as well) was good value and the same price as a single trip cruise cover.
For us it was about £180 for a couple for 12 months.

customer service is available by online chat and is  excellent.

Easy to set up via website or the App and declare any previous conditions.

sorry if this one has already been mentioned.

paul

As you get older, with associated medical issues,  you will look back and realise how cheap your policy is ! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

A lot depends on pre-existing medical conditions assuming they are going to be declared by the insured.

We've had a few quotes where certain conditions that we declared were not covered - so rather pointless using those companies. Still others won't quote at all.

Using an annual Staysure policy at the moment - not cheap but at least we are covered.

As long as you are not on any waiting list. If you are, check you are still covered.