PCR Testing ?

m8zenblue

I have been a long time follower of the happenings to start cruising again.

We have received our 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine and wearing a mask for us is no problem, let's cruise !

My question is Covid testing prior to departure within 72 hours, will we have to get a test on our own, will the cruise line test you, so on and so forth ?

I realize there are a lot of variables to cruise again but I am totally confused about testing which I see will be mandatory before cruising.

Thank you !

Currently Saint Martin requires that visitors on arrival present a negative PCR test taken within 72 of arrival.  So doubt that X will be involved in procuring or paying for the test.    

Edited by jelayne

27 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You are asking about a situation which will change, and is liable to change again, and will change yet again as you get closer to actual Cruising. So ask the question closer to the time that you have a cruise booked.

The post is about the regulations announced for the Celebrity cruises starting from St. Maarten in June... Email from Celebrity today.

Testing plus vaccination are the requirements. You seem to have missed that it is about actual cruises.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

However, if you board in St Maarten, cruise for seven days, and then return to St. Maarten, what then?  Would you need to be tested on board the ship in order to disembark at the end of your cruise?

If nothing changes -yes.  Again July is over 3 months away.  None of us has any idea about what Will be required regarding PCR testing.  Today none of us has a guarantee you will be able to fly there or the cruise will actually happen.

4 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

However, if you board in St Maarten, cruise for seven days, and then return to St. Maarten, what then?  Would you need to be tested on board the ship in order to disembark at the end of your cruise?

I was under the impression that everyone will be tested (antigen before disembarking) which would allow for flights to US and some other countries. 
Now if you want to stay in beyond disembarkation day that’s unknown.  

2 hours ago, rhblake said:

Will we need a negative PCR test to get back into the US after the cruise? Is yes, will the cruise line provide it?

Currently a negative antigen (not PCR) test is required to enter the US from another country.  Many of the resorts in Mexico and other countries other countries are providing the antigen tests for their guests prior to leaving for the US.  So I would think that the ships could also do the same.  
I cant imagine with St Maarten requiring a negative test to enter the island that they  would  allow a ship to disembark 1000+ passengers at tge end of a cruise without testing them first.

• Like 1

My daughter was in FL for Christmas and did not feel well. She did the rapid test and it came back negative. She then flew home to CA and 2 days later lost her taste and smell. She knew something was wrong so she then did the 3 day test which is more accurate. It came back positive. Just think about how many on an airplane were exposed ? Yikes!

2 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

My daughter was in FL for Christmas and did not feel well. She did the rapid test and it came back negative. She then flew home to CA and 2 days later lost her taste and smell. She knew something was wrong so she then did the 3 day test which is more accurate. It came back positive. Just think about how many on an airplane were exposed ? Yikes!

The rapid tests are just a snapshot if you are infectious for the next 6-8 hours. So where‘s the surprise?!

6 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

The rapid tests are just a snapshot if you are infectious for the next 6-8 hours. So where‘s the surprise?!

Actually, when my daughter told me, I was surprised. However, I did tell her not to travel. Good thing I would not let her come see me. I did not realize that the rapid was different than the PCR and not as accurate.