Barcelona to Lisbon- Your thoughts?

stickey_mouse

• 9 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, Manchester is blue said:

Perhaps, ,....and perhaps your own country of origin also influences your own likes/dislikes.

I adore Manchester so I will take your advice - glad our sailing does stop in Gibraltar - what are your pub recommendations?

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, Manchester is blue said:

Perhaps, ,....and perhaps your own country of origin also influences your own likes/dislikes.

a tad defensive over a very innocuous post

Edited by LGW59

A bit of an aside here......

@WorkerBee74 did you know that the worker bee is the symbol of Manchester?

Did you choose your CC name because of this or is it a happy coincidence?

https://www.visitmanchester.com/ideas-and-inspiration/blog/read/2020/03/the-story-behind-the-manchester-bee-and-why-its-used-everywhere-in-the-city-b1121

Seeing the Canada location and your love of Manchester made me smile as I am a Mancunian living in Canada. I wear a worker bee as an acknowledgement of my heritage and for the love of my mother.

• Like 1

If you are wanting to see Gibraltar specifically, there is a great Spain Portugal cruise that stops there in Spring of 2023, very tempting but we were hoping for fall of this year. As far as the ship, you might want to read the thread on here lately about the Infinity cancelled for summer. We are on the 11 day trip in October and truly hope that it sails. We are really looking forward to going to both countries!!  Every port looks like a fascinating time to us! 

9 hours ago, stickey_mouse said:

I would love to visit Manchester and Liverpool one day. I’m an Everton fan, but please don’t hate me for it. 😜

Please do come over to Manchester,.. you’d be a very welcome guest. I’d definitely give Liverpool a wide berth, especially as an Evertonian given their recent ,….ahem,… “issues”. Manchester City play in blue,.. perhaps you’d be better suited following them.. Up the blues, from a Manc blue.

13 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

I adore Manchester so I will take your advice - glad our sailing does stop in Gibraltar - what are your pub recommendations?

I’m so pleased you adore my home City.Yes as you quite rightly say, the bee 🐝 is the symbol of Manchester, and adorns the furniture in the city centre,.. lamp posts, street signs etc.

As for pub recommendations it’s been a little while since I visited Gib, and so I’m afraid I don’t feel qualified to say, others may be better placed. I do though, have loads in Manchester should you ever come over.

As we say here.. Cheers ar kid.

On 1/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, middlehaitch said:

A bit of an aside here......

@WorkerBee74 did you know that the worker bee is the symbol of Manchester?

Did you choose your CC name because of this or is it a happy coincidence?

https://www.visitmanchester.com/ideas-and-inspiration/blog/read/2020/03/the-story-behind-the-manchester-bee-and-why-its-used-everywhere-in-the-city-b1121

Seeing the Canada location and your love of Manchester made me smile as I am a Mancunian living in Canada. I wear a worker bee as an acknowledgement of my heritage and for the love of my mother.

It's absolutely because of that 🙂  I actually have a tattoo (which I got done in 2014 when I was there).

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:43 AM, Manchester is blue said:

I’m so pleased you adore my home City.Yes as you quite rightly say, the bee 🐝 is the symbol of Manchester, and adorns the furniture in the city centre,.. lamp posts, street signs etc.

As for pub recommendations it’s been a little while since I visited Gib, and so I’m afraid I don’t feel qualified to say, others may be better placed. I do though, have loads in Manchester should you ever come over.

As we say here.. Cheers ar kid.

I'm definitely well versed in Manchester pubs - our favourite is The Angel 😉

PS - I'm also a blue.  So, I'm basically perfect 😛 

Can't wait to get to Gibraltar - we will be back in Manchester next year hopefully, but I'm going to enjoy the little slice of England on this cruise.  We've not been to Spain/Portugal yet, doing a 9-day from Lisbon to Barcelona which is all Spanish/Portuguese ports with Gibraltar in the middle.  Apparently The Clipper is quite good.

I know some people think Gibraltar is a bit too English-pub when they're really wanting Spain, but I'm looking forward to it - trip is 3 weeks starting with Lisbon/Madrid on either end so it's going to be a different 8 hours!  Gotta get the fish & chips in!

The Angel,… just off Rochdale rd if memory serves,.. on Angel st. I think. Yeah not a bad boozer 👍🏼
Well enjoy the sunshine and very English ambiance in Gibraltar. Not to everyone’s liking, I know, but I certainly enjoyed it . Hope you can find a decent chippy whilst you are there, nothing like a few pints to wash down your fish n chips,…all served out of newspaper of course,… Manchester evening news comes into its own in that respect.

Up the blues.