4 star mariner food and wine magazine

Spender Nui

1 hour ago, Spender Nui said:

Is anyone getting their magazines renewed?

As the previous two posters said, I would prefer that whatever money was spent on the magazines for Mariners would be better utilized in keeping the Company in business.  Frankly, I don't miss receiving Food and Wine or Travel & Leisure.  Lots of ads and "fluff" in my opinion.  

• Like 1

I recently subscribed to Apple News for my phone and I Pad. For nine dollars per month I have E edition to just about every magazine out there and many newspapers.

Yes, I would rather skim through a real mag but I’m getting use to it and enjoying the vast amount of choices.

Magazine publishing must be taking a big hit during the pandemic as Doctor’s, Dentist, Barber Shops/Salons, Waiting Rooms are without magazines!

Edited by aliaschief

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Magazine publishing must be taking a big hit during the pandemic as Doctor’s, Dentist, Barber Shops/Salons, Waiting Rooms are without magazines!

You are probably aware that Cruise Travel has stopped publishing with refunds being given or an option to continue one's subscription with Travel & Leisure.  I took the refund.  

16 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I recently subscribed to Apple News for my phone and I Pad. For nine dollars per month I have E edition to just about every magazine out there and many newspapers.

It's possible that your local library system offers this service for free.

This is the list that our library offers for magazines (you must be logged in to see the newspapers available):

https://wplc.overdrive.com/collections/featured/4

• Thanks 1

Same here, For the past several months when  i try to renew my mag selection on the HAL site, i get a service error. I do miss cooks magazine though. I was lucky enough to get all of those before they took Cooks Mag off the selection list. I understand the why, and i agree that if it helps HAL to keep afloat, i can forgo a magazine as a 4 star mariner perk. I have enough Smithsonian's and Nat'l Geographic's and AARP Magazines to keep me busy , LOL . Looking forward to cruising with all of you once again. 

image.png

Edited by tuolumne couple

9 hours ago, tuolumne couple said:

Same here, For the past several months when  i try to renew my mag selection on the HAL site,

It would be my preference to not offer such an insignificant Mariner Star perk as a magazine subscription.  Like you, I was suffocating with my National Geographic subscription.  I have years and years of the Yellow horde that I will never be able to thoroughly read.  I stopped it.  Now, the AARP stuff is accumulating.