Regatta cabin 6048 opinions

do it again

We are thinking of booking cabin 6048 on the Regatta and wondering if anyone has ever been in that cabin. It is right next to the tenders and wondering if your view from the balcony would be obstructed? Looking at the pictures it looks like the tenders are tucked in.

Any comments would help.

Don’t book it. Do you realize that the Oceanview cabins on deck 6 are tiny and dark?  The lifeboats block most of the view. Tenders block a bit less.  Those cabins are dark.  Size is also a problem.  Room is so small that there isn’t even room for a sofa or chair.  You would have more space in an inside cabin.  Inside cabins have more than 20-25 sq ft more space than deck 6 ov.  

We were in that cabin on our very first Oceania cruise back in 2010. It was great. It was midship so it was quite stable. If we book a balcony we would consider it if it were available.  We did not have any tender ports so don’t know about the noise level.

I have to agree with LHT28 that this is a veranda cabin.  You might be able to see the lifeboats if you can look forward -- I don't know if the wall at the forward end of the balcony is closed off, but it should be, I just don't know for sure.  Deck 6 is generally a good location, and as Pearl64 said, it is about amidships, so the pitching motion (bow and stern going up and down in those kind of seas) would be minimized.  While there might be noise if they lower one of the adjacent lifeboats, that would be brief.

• Like 2

As a further reply, I was able to see blowups of NAUTICA as it was being refurbed, and it is clear that there is a full wall at the forward end of the veranda, so you won't see the lifeboats, and will the same view as any other veranda.

I think you need to talk to an Oceania agent. I was on Insignia 6030 for 71 days in 2015. It is the most forward of the Es. and only partially obstructed  by lifeboat .It is an OUTSIDE cabin, no balcony or sofa .Window only. 6033 across hall same.    The rest of Es fully obstructed by lifeboats; do NOT consider them, spend a few more bucks for an outside.  I think Nautica is duplicate of Insignia.  F and G insides also a consideration for saving $$. Call O.

1 hour ago, zoncom said:

I think you need to talk to an Oceania agent. I was on Insignia 6030 for 71 days in 2015. It is the most forward of the Es. and only partially obstructed  by lifeboat .It is an OUTSIDE cabin, no balcony or sofa .Window only. 6033 across hall same.    The rest of Es fully obstructed by lifeboats; do NOT consider them, spend a few more bucks for an outside.  I think Nautica is duplicate of Insignia.  F and G insides also a consideration for saving $$. Call O.

The OP asked about 6048, not 6033.  As Lynn posted, above, with a screen shot of the deck plan, 6048 is a B-1 Balcony.