Athens Hotel for 2021 Apex cruise

Bruin Steve

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

This hotel looks really nice.  I am changing hotels to be closer to everything......now researching just like everyone else🙂

It is a good one, used for business, being a true 4*, plus clean, reasonably priced and in a nice position.  Not all 4* and 5* hotels in Athens are clean and at a reasonable price.  
Never understood why people rave about some hotels, that in reality are not all that clean and somewhat overpriced.

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

It is a good one, used for business, being a true 4*, plus clean, reasonably priced and in a nice position.  Not all 4* and 5* hotels in Athens are clean and at a reasonable price.  
Never understood why people rave about some hotels, that in reality are not all that clean and somewhat overpriced.

I am looking at Athens Gate too..........a couple of other ones are VERY expensive😲 King George and the Hotel Grand. They are over 500.00 per night. 

Way more than I care to spend for one night.

I know they are luxury properties but I just need something in a good location, CLEAN and at a reasonable price🙂

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am looking at Athens Gate too..........a couple of other ones are VERY expensive😲 King George and the Hotel Grand. They are over 500.00 per night. 

I know they are luxury properties but I just need something in a good location, CLEAN and at a reasonable price🙂

I responded to your post on the other thread about the Athens Gate. 

I've stayed at both the Grande Bretagne and the King George (next door). They are "lifetime" experiences but as I mentioned, I stayed there when prices were about half of what you're finding (due to the economic climate at the time...)

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Close to Restaurants and Retail Therapy.😉

After going back and forth......and forth and back......I decided to stay at my original hotel and let the cruise line take care of it all.🙂including all the transportation.  Doing what I feel is best. I know it is not right down in "in the square" but I am planning on taking a private tour and the folks are going to pick me up at the hotel. The Intercontinental will be just fine😃

Thanks to everyone for all the input👍

On 4/27/2021 at 10:39 PM, ltcTN said:

Our cruise was cancelled today so we are now booked on Celebrity Apex on 7/9. My pre-cruise stay became a post cruise stay of 3 nights in order to keep our same flight home. Considered Seabourn Ovation but the wife chose Apex.

Im on the same sailing

Doing 2 precruise nights at electra palace.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, tntcruise said:

Im on the same sailing

Doing 2 precruise nights at electra palace.

We would have done one night pre-cruise but since we changed ships we wanted to keep our original flights so that is why it turned into a post cruise stay. We arrive at 7:30 am on the 9th and we now have to figure out what to do until boarding at 3:00 pm.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:27 PM, Lois R said:

This hotel looks really nice.  I am changing hotels to be closer to everything......now researching just like everyone else🙂

We booked that hotel for 3 nights post cruise. www.eliaermouhotel.com

• 1 month later...

I suggest Hotel Plaka.  Very central location.  Great rooftop bar, reasonable prices, and very easy to work with.  This was recommended to us by Rick Steves years ago.  They have Acropolis view rooms for a slight price increase.  We'll be back before our Greece cruise in October for 5 nights.