New website for My Viking Journey

Twitchly

2 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Just got bumped over to the new version of the My Viking Journey site. (https://www.viking.com/myjourney/) They’ve done a nice job from what I can see on my iPhone. But I can’t find the weather info. The old version gave you average temperatures and rainfall for each port. Anyone know where this migrated to?

I bet it's there somewhere.  Now which darn icon do I click next???

33 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Just got bumped over to the new version of the My Viking Journey site. (https://www.viking.com/myjourney/) They’ve done a nice job from what I can see on my iPhone. But I can’t find the weather info. The old version gave you average temperatures and rainfall for each port. Anyone know where this migrated to?

Mine has not worked for several weeks.  they keep saying they are working on it but nothing yet.  Not happy about this.

• Like 1

Just now, Porcupine 52 said:

Mine has not worked for several weeks.  they keep saying they are working on it but nothing yet.  Not happy about this.

Just checked.  Mine also says they are working on it - check back later.  Nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Just checked.  Mine also says they are working on it - check back later.  Nothing.

I got to tell you I am not happy with Viking about me not being able to get into My Viking.  They had me change browsers, empty cache and cookies, try a different computer and nothing works.  This is the 2nd time this has happened.  When I tell the VA I really need to see my account they will say ...well just call us back....  Well the problem right now is a 2 or 3 hour wait on the phone.

3 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Just got bumped over to the new version of the My Viking Journey

ROTFLMAO!!! I just got bumped back to the old version when they deleted the booking they just cancelled!  Hopefully, now that I have reported it, they will restore the upgrade.

1 hour ago, Porcupine 52 said:

I got to tell you I am not happy with Viking about me not being able to get into My Viking.  They had me change browsers, empty cache and cookies, try a different computer and nothing works.  This is the 2nd time this has happened.  When I tell the VA I really need to see my account they will say ...well just call us back....  Well the problem right now is a 2 or 3 hour wait on the phone.

Repeat this to the folks at TellUs.

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

ROTFLMAO!!! I just got bumped back to the old version when they deleted the booking they just cancelled!  Hopefully, now that I have reported it, they will restore the upgrade.

Update.  I have been upgraded again to the new, dark blue version.  Now all I get is that the new itineraries are not available yet.  Hope they get this taken care of in the next day or two. 

This afternoon I was able to log into what I guess is the old version. I liked our new booking 😊 and realizes that I needed to update my passenger information with my new passport number. 

By the time I had pulled the passport (stupid me, I have a photo on my phone) MVJ had logged me off. Logged back in and it said click here and try our new version. So I did and got an error message.  😢

Then it locked up and wouldn’t do anything.  So I gave up. Been a long enough day of dealing with this cruise anyway! 😂

Viking is up to their ears right now. Between the cancellations and the new itineraries opening for booking on the same day, even the folks at TellUs are having trouble catching up. Individual hand holding may be hard to come by this week; even the TAs have been waiting on hold for hours at a time. Most people had barely 24 hours to get a booking paid for or lose it.

I have been in touch with TellUs a couple of times about MVJ and they are working on it. I reported the problems that I came up against and they were shared with the IT and Operations. As for getting help for individual problems this week, probably not.

Besides which, in the first go round IT is going to tell you to delete your history and clear you cache (guaranteed to mess up all of your logins, etc. and not fix the problem).  Some people can do these steps on their own -- and the really good ones can clean out just the MVJ related cookies and cache.  My first suggestion for troubleshooting is always close all your programs, shut down your computer, go get a glass of water and drink it down, come back, turn on your computer and hope your problem has disappeared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

My first suggestion for troubleshooting is always close all your programs, shut down your computer, go get a glass of water and drink it down, come back, turn on your computer and hope your problem has disappeared.

After 30 years in the technology business, I can confirm that you have a perfectly valid approach to troubleshooting - although I recommend water substitutes! 🍺🍷🥌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CurlerRob said:

After 30 years in the technology business, I can confirm that you have a perfectly valid approach to troubleshooting - although I recommend water substitutes! 🍺🍷🥌

Couple of "Eliot Ness" from Great Lakes should do the trick.

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Viking is up to their ears right now. Between the cancellations and the new itineraries opening for booking on the same day, even the folks at TellUs are having trouble catching up. Individual hand holding may be hard to come by this week; even the TAs have been waiting on hold for hours at a time. Most people had barely 24 hours to get a booking paid for or lose it.

I have been in touch with TellUs a couple of times about MVJ and they are working on it. I reported the problems that I came up against and they were shared with the IT and Operations. As for getting help for individual problems this week, probably not.

Besides which, in the first go round IT is going to tell you to delete your history and clear you cache (guaranteed to mess up all of your logins, etc. and not fix the problem).  Some people can do these steps on their own -- and the really good ones can clean out just the MVJ related cookies and cache.  My first suggestion for troubleshooting is always close all your programs, shut down your computer, go get a glass of water and drink it down, come back, turn on your computer and hope your problem has disappeared.

The problem is I called 3 weeks ago.  Any the other thing is my SIL is in IT...And he can't get it.  You are right, trying to talk to some one right now is a waste of time.  But the up side is I kind of like having 3 browsers now.....Safari, Chrome, and Firefox that they told me to try.

2 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

Nicely put!  🥂🍷🍺