Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

47 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

My biggest concern is if this company is as "thin" as everyone makes it out to be, will all of the subsequent cruisers filling out the info and putting their vaccine records through the manual process of verification, cause delays for the next cruise to go? 

04JUN2021

Dear Viking Guest,

Thank you for booking your upcoming journey with Viking. As we prepare to welcome you on board, we want to advise you of a new component to the Viking Health & Safety Program.

As you know, all guests must be vaccinated prior to boarding our ships. As such, we will need to verify your COVID-19 vaccination status. To expedite the embarkation process, Viking has partnered with Daon Inc., an independent third-party vendor, to digitally pre-verify your vaccination status through their VeriFLY app.

Please note, some airlines are also using the VeriFLY app. The verification process is separate for each travel carrier. If you have completed the VeriFLY process for your airline, you will need to create a VeriFLY pass for Viking as well.

At least seven days prior to your departure, please follow the steps below to complete your vaccination verification through VeriFLY for your Viking voyage.

Step 1

Install the Free VeriFLY App

http://docs.vikingcruises.com/envogram/veriFly-logo.jpg

If you already have the VeriFLY app and an account, skip to Step 5. Direct links for Apple iOS and Android app stores are below.

iOS

Google Play

Step 2

Create Your VeriFLY Account

Once you have downloaded the app, tap "Get Started." Select "I Agree" to accept the VeriFLY Terms & Conditions. Enter your first and last name as they appear on your passport and input your email address.

Step 3

Finalize Your Account Creation

Confirm your email address is correct by clicking "Confirm Email." You will be prompted to take a passport-style profile photo. Once submitted, a message will be sent to your confirmed email address verifying that your account has been created. From your email, select “Validate Your Account.” In the VeriFLY app you will see “Onboarding Complete.”

(Please check your spam folder if you do not see the email in your inbox.)

Step 4

Create a Viking Pass

In the VeriFLY app, go to "My Passes." Select "Browse" in the bottom, right corner and, on the next screen, type "Viking" to search for the pass.

Select "A Trip with Viking" and tap on "Add Pass" in the top right corner of the screen. The pass should now be available in "My Passes."

Step 5

Add Your Trip

In "My Passes", select the Viking pass and choose "Add Trip" to enter your trip details.

Review and agree to the Health Privacy Policy, Health Data Consent and Transfer Consent by tapping each toggle button. Tap “Continue” to proceed. (You will need to agree to all three sections to ensure Viking receives your status and allow VeriFLY to validate your vaccination record.)

Next, enter your trip details and personal information. Note: Your booking number and embarkation date are at the top of this message.

Step 6

Input Vaccination Details

Tap "Manage Checklist" and select "Step 1: COVID-19 Vaccination Review" to submit your vaccination documentation. Complete the checklist by confirming your vaccination and entering your vaccination details (vaccine type, date of final vaccination).

To submit your vaccination card or medical record with proof of vaccine, you can upload your documentation as a PDF, scan, or take a photo of your card in the app.

Step 7

Submit Details

Upon successful submission of your COVID-19 Vaccination Review, you will see a "Success!" screen. To see your verification status, select "Back," and press the three dots next to COVID-19 Vaccination Review. Your status will show "Pending." There is nothing further to complete at this time.

You will receive confirmation, within the app and via email from VeriFLY (within 24 hours), that your vaccination verification is complete.

Step 8

Add a Travel Companion

If applicable, add a travel companion by returning to "My Passes." Select the Viking pass and go to "Manage Trip." Select "Add Companion." In addition to uploading their vaccination card or proof of vaccine, you will be asked to add their photo. You will need to agree that you are authorized to share your companion's personal information.

If preferred, your travel companion can set up their own VeriFLY account.

Step 9

Verification Approval

Once VeriFLY has verified your vaccination status, you will receive a notification with your final VeriFLY pass. (Please allow 24 hours.) If VeriFLY encounters any issues verifying your vaccination record, VeriFLY will contact you directly.

VeriFLY will provide Viking with confirmation of your vaccination approval, which will be transferred to your booking record so you can quickly embark on the day of your cruise.

VeriFLY will provide Viking with confirmation of your vaccination status, which will be transferred to your booking record so you can quickly embark on the day of your cruise. While your VeriFLY pass will expedite your Viking embarkation, you may need to present proof of vaccination at other points during your trip. Please ensure you carry your original vaccination documentation while traveling.

If you have any questions regarding the VeriFLY process, please contact VeriFLY Customer Support at (833) 586-1605 or support@myverifly.com. Many questions may be answered at VeriFLY’s online Help Center, viewable here or accessible from within the app. Additional tips have been included below.

Please note, in addition to verifying your vaccination status through VeriFLY as outlined above, ten days prior to your embarkation you will be asked to complete a pre-boarding health survey. You will be notified by a separate email when the health survey becomes available and directed to myvikingjourney.com for completion.

We thank you for your cooperation and wish you a wonderful journey.

Sincerely,

Viking

VeriFLY Troubleshooting Tips:

• To access the VeriFLY Help Center from within the app, tap on your picture in the top right corner and scroll to the “Contact Us" section at to the bottom of the page.
  • To change your name, tap your profile picture, select "Profile," then "User Name."
  • If you make an error in your travel or vaccine details, you cannot edit once submitted. You will need to delete the pass and start over. To delete the pass, navigate to "My Passes," select the pass you want to delete. Then, tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen and tap "Remove Pass."
  • To remove a companion, go to "My Passes," select the trip you want to correct. Tap "View Pass" and swipe left until you find the companion you want to remove. Tap "Complete Checklist to Activate." Tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen and tap "Remove Companion."

Good Lord, I hope they don’t add this app to all cruises now! How about a piece of paper for Pete’s sake?!?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, What was that? said:

Thanks for sharing. The key is figuring out how to get the "Pass" started (Step 4). The rest flows rather naturally. And your concern about overloading Viking staff is appropriate, but I found I couldn't enter the vaccination info until 19 June for our 20 July boarding:

Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 9.13.46 AM.png

Looks like they anticipated.

35 minutes ago, hfjas006 said:

We are on the June 15 sailing and just received and completed the VeriFLY info yesterday. How long did it take to receive your confirmation (just so I know when to start panicking)? We’re going to CVS on Friday for our test. They said they have not had any tests take more than 1-2 days (fingers crossed). I couldn’t find anyplace overnight without driving 2 hours. 

The confirmation email (about half way through the process)was not instantaneous.... maybe 30 to 40 minutes. Be sure to check your Spam, Junk and Trash email folders. So, far, we have not got the "final" vaccine validation.it supposed to be within 24 hours.

Edited by MRGACRUZR
Spelling

2 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

Looks like they anticipated.

At the risk of being a software pedant, this may have been a requirement of the underlying specification of the Verifly system and app, or a feature implemented to permit the various travel providers the ability to specify a range for data entry. Yes, somebody anticipated such a capability, and it is realized in the app.

23 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

The confirmation email (about half way through the process)was not instantaneous.... maybe 30 to 40 minutes. Be sure to check your Spam, Junk and Trash email folders. So, far, we have not got the "final" vaccine validation.it supposed to be within 24 hours.

Thanks. Ours still say covid 19 vaccination pending review. I never did get any kind of email. Since it’s the weekend I’ll wait until Monday. 

On 5/28/2021 at 6:21 PM, CCWineLover said:

And CVS for us (on Central Coast of Calif.) told us they do NOT do COVID tests for travel - you have to be sick to get a test and has to be a walk-in.  So much for CVS.

Ahh - I can drive up to Palo Alto (SF Bay Area) and do a test, but the rapid tests are NAT only and the Swab PCR tests are only guaranteed 1-2 or 3 days turnaround, not counting Sundays.  Do we take the chance?  or try elsewhere.  research needed. Seriously, if anyone in the SF Bay Area has researched how to get a 1 day PCR test, thanks for sharing.   We could stay with wife's brother in Palo Alto ahead of our flight if need be.

Try Pixel (home PCR test through LabCorp). Should be free for all California residents and results have been faster than the drive-through at UCSF. I have been getting results in less than 24 hours. Just a suggestion.

15 minutes ago, Psychler said:

Try Pixel (home PCR test through LabCorp). Should be free for all California residents and results have been faster than the drive-through at UCSF. I have been getting results in less than 24 hours. Just a suggestion.

Thank you!  I will look them up.

1 hour ago, What was that? said:

At the risk of being a software pedant, this may have been a requirement of the underlying specification of the Verifly system and app, or a feature implemented to permit the various travel providers the ability to specify a range for data entry. Yes, somebody anticipated such a capability, and it is realized in the app.

Hey - "What was that?"  - - -

I had to laugh.  I also am a retired software worker (42 years so I go back to the dark ages!).

I would have to say, I also totally agree with you that this app was designed likely by someone like the non-business oriented people I used to work with who had no conception of UI, usability, or any other human factors.  Sadly, this seems to be the norm these days with software and app developers.  I also tend to be somewhat critical of the current state of SW development, which drives my wife crazy!!

Will tackle this after I hit the swimming pool!  Too nice a day here.

3 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

mmmm .... I don't think I'm the person to answer that ... maybe others can help.

It has been posted on several other forums that the Dome may be there but perhaps the planetarium is cleaned out and the 8th Floor Explorers Lounge has been liberated!  (Sorry, injected my opinion as it was a disaster).  

3 hours ago, What was that? said:

Point well taken. However, I have downloaded the Verifly app and the UI is opaque. There is no obvious mechanism to create a trip, add flights, countries, cruises, etc. In short, I don't mind you pioneers hammering this all out yourselves, but I (for one) would like to know what is going on.

Full disclosure, I am a retired software worker who is generally critical of software usability and functionality.

I downloaded the verifly ap this morning.  It only had pre-selected destinations listed.  Bermuda was NOT one of them.  I checked 4-5 hours later and there it was-Viking!  I clicked on that and just followed the instructions.  Actually, pretty easy.  ( note I can't add vaccination status until June 12).  Even added hubbs😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCWineLover said:

It has been posted on several other forums that the Dome may be there but perhaps the planetarium is cleaned out and the 8th Floor Explorers Lounge has been liberated!  (Sorry, injected my opinion as it was a disaster).  

But no eyewitness corroboration that I have seen.

3 hours ago, MRGACRUZR said:

If you didn't get an email from Viking, including instructions, it's probably not time for cruises subsequent to the June 15 departure to fill out the info.

Thank you for the info though.

I chatted with Viking again, and they again said they mailed it out to the June 29th cruisers on May 29th - so likely went somewhere else as it didn't get here today either.  

Rather than resend it, they said wait for awhile or check to see if any friends have the instructions.

They said the Bermuda cruise people will now get their email 30 days ahead of their cruises (if email makes it), since you cannot put the vaccination information into the app until less than 30 days - built into the software.  Makes sense.  And thus doesn't overload the system or the processing.

Too bad they couldn't do this nice staggering with the excursions!!

• Like 1

Straight to the horse’s mouth.

I could not get an answer from Viking shore-side about whether the ship will provide Day 4 and Day 8 tests for pax arriving to Bermuda early, after many attempts.

So, I noticed that the latest trip summary from Viking included the Orion’s phone number!  I called the ship and the nice young man that answered verified with the medical department that they can provide the tests and transmit the results to Bermuda.  He even followed up with an email 🙂

Kudos to the Orion crew!  Raspberries to Viking shore-side...

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I could not get an answer from Viking shore-side about whether the ship will provide Day 4 and Day 8 tests for pax arriving to Bermuda early, after many attempts.

So, I noticed that the latest trip summary from Viking included the Orion’s phone number!  I called the ship and the nice young man that answered verified with the medical department that they can provide the tests and transmit the results to Bermuda.  He even followed up with an email 🙂

You should have asked him about the planetarium interior!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Did you ask him to have your drinks set up for when you arrive?🥃🍷🍹🍸🥂🍺

What the chef’s table is serving and when?

Whether you will be allowed or have an unofficial meet and greet?

If the pool roof is open or closed?

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

😂

Calm down, Clay... Drink some warm milk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

😂

Maybe Ragnar can post Orion’s phone number...? 😁

• Like 1

LOL Clay is going to Iceland not Bermuda.

I am sure the  pool roof will be open. 

Ragnar, nicely played sir. !!!!!!

Congrats., all set  and  I hope you  start your own  thread once you leave home about your adventures.

I managed to get through the Verifly app.  A couple of things to note:

- On my iPhone 8 the app would often hang after finishing one screen and going to the next.  Closing the app for a few seconds and opening it again would get it to advance to the next screen.  I had Safari popup blocker and ad blockers off, in case the app uses any Safari resources.

- When the app asked for a selfie, I did not notice an option to use an existing photo.  Had to take a selfie using the app.  Was less flattering than usual...  And naturally, when I went to get DW's phone to do her app setup, she was in the shower washing her hair.  It will be several hours before she will allow a selfie....

- I used Yahoo email and had no issue with emails from the app going in spam.

- Make sure you enter the date of your last covid vax shot when the app asks for “Your final vaccine shot date”.  I read “final” as “first” initially.

At the end of the process it says it will take up to 24 hours to review.  And I received a somewhat confusing email saying basically the same.  Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Addendum, got an email from my shore-side torturess shortly after contacting the ship.  I suspect the ship straightened out the shore-side rep.  However, she got it slightly wrong, not realizing arrival day is Day 0 on the Day 4 and Day 8 countdown.  But it was at least an attempt.

The first thing I will do upon boarding the ship is verify all the day 4 and day 8 stuff.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1