Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

On 4/21/2021 at 7:09 PM, BlerkOne said:

The states are nowhere near immunity. The people with common sense have gotten vaccinated and with so many refusing, we will never escape covid and the antivaxxers will have their self-fulfilling prophesy come true. Which means cruising in a bubble forever, if there is cruising at all.

YES! Get injected with something that promises nothing. And better yet; admonish those who refuse the injection that promises nothing. Not quite Mensa-like decision.😉

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Then stop using the company as a pawn of control. See how easy this is? You do you - I'll do me... And so it goes.

You said that Princess UK had some political policy that you were upset with.  Doesn't really matter what it was or is since you live in FLA, and Princess UK cruises are limited to those cruisers that actually live in the UK.  You do remember this right?  It's  been about an hour or so.

6 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Lofty goal and I do wish it come true.  My goal is different.  I want covid to be a lesser problem than the seasonal flu.  That will be  attainable but will take a lot of work.

This! All or nothing is unreasonable. Some folks may catch it but the goal should be to reduce that amount to a minimum and nearly eliminate serious medical evacuations/deaths. There is risk level many people would be comfortable with and the cost of getting back after life as we knew it. It's already going to take much longer than any realize since so many have literally been mentally traumatized and scared to death. Many things are much more dangerous statistically, like driving, medical errors, medication side effects etc, yet folks don't really think about it, talk about it, and have it shoved in their faces all day, everyday.

I just hope they work just as hard to reacclimate people to society/normality that they did to pump fear/worry. I don't think many realize just how many people have been completely dominated by fear/anxiety/stress/worry etc. It's like nothing I've ever seen. It reminds me of the fear people have after a large earthquake. It's major but generally subsides after a few weeks but never completely leaves. I still jackrabbit towards the door for any minor shaking, even small magnitudes, and get an instant physical fear reaction. It'll probably never leave me. I hope the masses that are affected by this whole crazy episode in life aren't permanently scarred by covid and all it encompasses.         

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You said that Princess UK had some political policy that you were upset with.  Doesn't really matter what it was or is since you live in FLA, and Princess UK cruises are limited to those cruisers that actually live in the UK.  You do remember this right?  It's  been about an hour or so.

Provide said accusation.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Crystal..but once again, what is the political stance of Princess cruise line that upsets you so?

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Still waiting to be educated about Princess's politics......

1 hour ago, cruiseracer said:

Contact Princess.

59 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Stay with me here.... If you desire to know anything about the policies of Princess - contact Princess. See how easy this is?

19 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

Did I miss something ?  Did Princess make a political statement?

14 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

You tell me to go on Princess.com, but when one of your anti vaxxer cronies inquires,  you reply post #566.

There is nothing political at all with their policy that is stated here, which once again has nothing to do with you since you live in FLA and the policy has to do with those who live in the UK.

If this same policy is put in place once cruising resumes out of the US, then you can cross them off your list.  Otherwise,  more than likely Carnival or MSC could be your choices.

17 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

YES! Get injected with something that promises nothing. And better yet; admonish those who refuse the injection that promises nothing. Not quite Mensa-like decision.😉

Science is hard. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

This! All or nothing is unreasonable. Some folks may catch it but the goal should be to reduce that amount to a minimum and nearly eliminate serious medical evacuations/deaths. There is risk level many people would be comfortable with and the cost of getting back after life as we knew it. It's already going to take much longer than any realize since so many have literally been mentally traumatized and scared to death. Many things are much more dangerous statistically, like driving, medical errors, medication side effects etc, yet folks don't really think about it, talk about it, and have it shoved in their faces all day, everyday.

I just hope they work just as hard to reacclimate people to society/normality that they did to pump fear/worry. I don't think many realize just how many people have been completely dominated by fear/anxiety/stress/worry etc. It's like nothing I've ever seen. It reminds me of the fear people have after a large earthquake. It's major but generally subsides after a few weeks but never completely leaves. I still jackrabbit towards the door for any minor shaking, even small magnitudes, and get an instant physical fear reaction. It'll probably never leave me. I hope the masses that are affected by this whole crazy episode in life aren't permanently scarred by covid and all it encompasses.         

Totally agree with you.  One of the issues is MSM who like shock value and twist things.  And when I say MSM i mean ALL of them.  They all drive a narrative.  I must admit that early on in this pandemic I was scared and many times confused.  Now I am better, but still a little wary.  I just hope that everyone does get a grip on all this, work together and get these ships sailing again.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You tell me to go on Princess.com, but when one of your anti vaxxer cronies inquires,  you reply post #566.

There is nothing political at all with their policy that is stated here, which once again has nothing to do with you since you live in FLA and the policy has to do with those who live in the UK.

If this same policy is put in place once cruising resumes out of the US, then you can cross them off your list.  Otherwise,  more than likely Carnival or MSC could be your choices.

Who asserted that Princess was political?

1 minute ago, cruiseracer said:

As i thought. Crickets.

I gave you the post number that contained the post that YOU erased.   It was what you asked for and what I provided.  No crickets.

Don't  wish to get put in the penalty box, so enjoy your unvaccinated life.

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

I gave you the post number that contained the post that YOU erased.   It was what you asked for and what I provided.  No crickets.

Don't  wish to get put in the penalty box, so enjoy your unvaccinated life.

Well - bye.

31 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Not necessarily, but thanks for playing. Some bubble cruises do not require vaccinations but do require a number of mitigation steps. Your crush on me continues, fascinating, but you are not my type.

50 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Lofty goal and I do wish it come true.  My goal is different.  I want covid to be a lesser problem than the seasonal flu.  That will be  attainable but will take a lot of work.

True, but people have a definite tendency to relax and let their guard down when the goal is achieved. They can't prove it, yet, but I think many of the covid precautions will lead to less illness overall when cruising restarts from the US. Less Covid, less Noro, less Flu, less Crud...

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Not necessarily, but thanks for playing. Some bubble cruises do not require vaccinations but do require a number of mitigation steps. Your crush on me continues, fascinating, but you are not my type.

Careful not to pat yourself on the back too hard. You're really not my type - I prefer critical thinkers, not CNN followers. At an rate; continue with your controlling quests, wise one's are onto your carnival game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Hot off the presses - more evidence I'm right.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.19.21255720v1

The Faeroe Islands? Middle of nowhere where isolation is a lifestyle? And an article that hasn't been through peer review? How many variants have they encountered?

The vaccine will likely last at least a year. At 6 months the antibodies are still going strong.

What was your point, anyway.

3 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Careful not to pat yourself on the back too hard. You're really not my type - I prefer critical thinkers, not CNN followers. At an rate; continue with your controlling quests, wise one's are onto your carnival game. 

Still your obsession continues. You need help.