Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

11 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Pro family contingent? Who's the anti family contingent? 

The pro family contingent are those upset at NCL for taking their stance eliminating the possibility of kids cruising.  They wished that NCL had the same policy as RCI that allows kids to cruise with a negative test.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Actually we are having a down turn in vaccine demand across the country.  I have been tracking this herd immunity concept and as states get closer the demand drops off and it becomes more like watching grass grow.  I thought for sure we could at least get to a 60 percent vaccine rate.

The states are nowhere near immunity. The people with common sense have gotten vaccinated and with so many refusing, we will never escape covid and the antivaxxers will have their self-fulfilling prophesy come true. Which means cruising in a bubble forever, if there is cruising at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

I never said it was....Just said I'd cruise on the line that didn't require anything 😉 Once they announce any requirement, I'm taking the refund for our cruise.

And that us why I said it would cruise in Fantasyland.  Enjoy your refund and flip it towards an all inclusive.  Because it's possibly going to be a few years till you cruise again.

2 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

I never said it was....Just said I'd cruise on the line that didn't require anything 😉

I saw you also wouldnt wear a mask on a cruise. I'm so tired of masks, but it seems a feel good thing.

There isnt any proof those vaccinated can pass it on. I'm in the group chafing at wearing a mask when I'm 2 months past vaccinations. Dallas has no stores around me not requiring them. I cant boycott shopping. Need to eat.

I think if the so called experts have their way we will be wearing masks for a long time. Obviously this is new and it's just their guesses and cya time. Not science. I will cruise though, but I hate masks as much as you. It's so stupid. My mask is decorative only lol. And I dont care. It's stupid to wear one. 

I dared to say we will have more doses than people wanting them on rcl boards and so many attacked me saying there is no proof doses will start to fall off...thread got locked I was attacked so much. I said give it a month. There is even a name for it. Cross over, where doses start outnumbering people wanting them. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The pro family contingent are those upset at NCL for taking their stance eliminating the possibility of kids cruising.  They wished that NCL had the same policy as RCI that allows kids to cruise with a negative test.

Got ya. I guess NCL will be removed from my list. Count me in the pro family contingent. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I saw you also wouldnt wear a mask on a cruise. I'm so tired of masks, but it seems a feel good thing.

There isnt any proof those vaccinated can pass it on. I'm in the group chafing at wearing a mask when I'm 2 months past vaccinations. Dallas has no stores around me not requiring them. I cant boycott shopping. Need to eat.

I think if the so called experts have their way we will be wearing masks for a long time. Obviously this is new and it's just their guesses and cya time. Not science. I will cruise though, but I hate masks as much as you. It's so stupid. My mask is decorative only lol. And I dont care. It's stupid to wear one. 

I dared to say we will have more doses than people wanting them on rcl boards and so many attacked me saying there is no proof doses will start to fall off...thread got locked I was attacked so much. I said give it a month. There is even a name for it. Cross over, where doses start outnumbering people wanting them. 

Thankfully, most businesses in our area do not require masks. Some grocery stores do, but we won't go there.

That aside, I applaud people for CHOOSING to get the vaccine, CHOOSING to wear masks & the like, but nobody should be forced to. Most Americans aren't questioning a darned thing, which is a shame.

I do firmly believe that the available vaccines outnumber those getting vaccinated, depending on the area. Before we moved, My mother (who was not going to get the vaccine), as well as my hubby's mother (also same, but totally different doctor in a different area), received calls from their doctors saying that an appointment had been made for them to get the vaccine )Without their request). My mother talked to her doctor, who did not recommend that she get it, but they had to call all of their elderly patients because vaccines were expiring. 

• Like 5

I'm pro family.  But the best way to get families back on cruises is to get cruising back on track.  The best way to get cruising back  track is to do everything possible to keep people from getting covid.  Based on what's known - if that means kids can't cruise from a little while - that's not the end of the world.   Families with kids under 16 or with unvaccinated members of any age can take other types of vacations until we know more and can prove cruising is safe again.

If I didn't have expiring CCL credits, I'd have avoided CCL in favor of cruise lines with wiser policies. I hope cruise lines are transparent about their covid cases when cruising resumes.  If there's no difference in instances of covid on CCL and RCL/Celebrity - I would be pleasantly surprised. I'm hoping for the best for all passengers, crews, and host communities. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

Thankfully, most businesses in our area do not require masks. Some grocery stores do, but we won't go there.

That aside, I applaud people for CHOOSING to get the vaccine, CHOOSING to wear masks & the like, but nobody should be forced to. Most Americans aren't questioning a darned thing, which is a shame.

I do firmly believe that the available vaccines outnumber those getting vaccinated, depending on the area. Before we moved, My mother (who was not going to get the vaccine), as well as my hubby's mother (also same, but totally different doctor in a different area), received calls from their doctors saying that an appointment had been made for them to get the vaccine )Without their request). My mother talked to her doctor, who did not recommend that she get it, but they had to call all of their elderly patients because vaccines were expiring. 

Well my parents are 95 and 102 is why I choose to get it. 

But I think they should not require masks if you are vaccinated. Now they are complaining people dont want it. There needs to be a reason to get it, like throw away my mask.

Idk of places here in the city I can shop without one. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dallas has no stores around me not requiring them

Walk in without one.  If they ask - ask them "Why do I need one? " and see what they say.  Get glared at, and shop.  If they insist tell them to trespass you.  Likely they wont.  If they do, then you certainly don't need to shop there any more.  You must be inside the loop - I'm in a northern county and I don't wear a mask except to the Dr. office.  Signs everywhere but nobody has stopped me.  Go Susan Powter on them! [If you are too young look it up ]).

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dared to say we will have more doses than people wanting them

That's now - no backlog most places.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Walk in without one.  If they ask - ask them "Why do I need one? " and see what they say.  Get glared at, and shop.  If they insist tell them to trespass you.  Likely they wont.  If they do, then you certainly don't need to shop there any more.  You must be inside the loop - I'm in a northern county and I don't wear a mask except to the Dr. office.  Signs everywhere but nobody has stopped me.  Go Susan Powter on them! [If you are too young look it up ]).

That's now - no backlog most places.

Lol...haven't heard Susan Powter in years!

We don't need them anywhere here, where I live in AZ. In the town where we're building our house, you get looked at funny if you have one on.

Yesterday we were at the post office, two restaurants, the grocery store AND the gun store....nobody batted an eye at us being....GASP!...Maskless.

Edited by Tink10
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

There isnt any proof those vaccinated can pass it on.

There is proof that fully vaccinated people can catch the disease, some require hospitalization and some die. I don't need assets wasted on a study to prove the obvious, that they can shed virus, when the pandemic is waving again.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'd suggest to try shopping without a mask, you might be surprised how successful you are.  I'm in Maskachusetts and the only place I wear a mask is grocery shopping and even there I wear it below my nose and nobody says a thing.  Liquor stores, restaurants, etc. no mask, no problem.  If anyone asks, say you forgot it.  They will either give you one or tell you to try to remember next time...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

There is proof that fully vaccinated people can catch the disease, some require hospitalization and some die. I don't need assets wasted on a study to prove the obvious, that they can shed virus, when the pandemic is waving again.

But were not all the approved vaccines billed as 100% protection against hospitalization and death?  At least according to the study data as submitted for Emergency Use Authorization.  I clearly remember reading article after article touting such results.

• Thanks 1

For grins, I checked on the requirements for the Princess UK cruises that will start in the near future. Vaccines are required. Apparently no exemptions for any reason. I like the rationale for why they are requiring vaccines for passengers:

Are your Summer Seacation voyages only available to vaccinated guests?
Yes - Given the advanced progress of the UK vaccination programme, and strong expressed preference on the part of our guests for this limited series of UK cruises, these sailings on Regal and Sky Princess will be for UK resident Covid-19 vaccinated guests only.

For these cruises the definition of “vaccinated” is a minimum of seven days following the second dose of the currently approved Covid-19 vaccines being administered. Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the Princess Covid-19 vaccination policy.

1. Are there any guidelines for seeing the sights ashore?
    For the time being, you will only be able to go ashore on shore excursions that are researched and organized by Princess Cruises. Port transfer and shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our on-board protocols, and will comply with all local guidance relating to social distancing and face masks.

2 minutes ago, logan25 said:

But were not all the approved vaccines billed as 100% protection against hospitalization and death?  At least according to the study data as submitted for Emergency Use Authorization.  I clearly remember reading article after article touting such results.

I don't recall them being advertised as such although the study data may have supported that hypothesis that has turned out to not be the fact. Nobody has ever claimed a 100% efficacy for the vaccines and I have never heard of any vaccine that assured immortality.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The states are nowhere near immunity. The people with common sense have gotten vaccinated and with so many refusing, we will never escape covid and the antivaxxers will have their self-fulfilling prophesy come true. Which means cruising in a bubble forever, if there is cruising at all.

actually some states are very close 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Obvious?  So far all the experts have found zero cases.  I am not saying they wont eventually find one but it is going to be rare.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mredandchis said:

Obvious?  So far all the experts have found zero cases.  I am not saying they wont eventually find one but it is going to be rare.  

Not sure if you are just feeding the troll, but there are indeed already thousands of confirmed breakthrough cases:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/cdc-says-there-have-been-less-than-6000-breakthrough-covid-cases-among-fully-vaccinated-americans.html

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well my parents are 95 and 102 is why I choose to get it. 

But I think they should not require masks if you are vaccinated. Now they are complaining people dont want it. There needs to be a reason to get it, like throw away my mask.

Idk of places here in the city I can shop without one. 

We just don’t wear them.  We’ve had Covid.  If someone asks me to I will.  But no one ever has except Costco.  

Edited by Cafedumonde
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

Not sure if you are just feeding the troll, but there are indeed already thousands of confirmed breakthrough cases:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/cdc-says-there-have-been-less-than-6000-breakthrough-covid-cases-among-fully-vaccinated-americans.html

not the breakthrough cases,  Those are a fact.. was referring to vaccinated people shedding the virus.  I see I wasn't clear as I wanted to be.  I dont feed trolls,  I attempt to simply carry on simple conversations and debate a bit. 

Edited by mredandchis

35 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Yes. Obvious. What experts have looked? Please provide a link to a credible study. Otherwise you are just another hoax.

6 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

not the breakthrough cases,  Those are a fact.. was referring to vaccinated people shedding the virus.  I see I wasn't clear as I wanted to be.  I dont feed trolls,  I attempt to simply carry on simple conversations and debate a but. 

Breakthrough cases are with fully vaccinated people.