Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

1 minute ago, cruiseracer said:

Very well, I'm game. Let's proceed. Since this thread concerns covid and cruising; what is your biggest fear concerning the subject?

Still waiting to discuss your post #617 that you erased and I quoted on post #620.

"Princess UK is not a good fit for us due to their political position."

I'll ignore the fact that you live in FLA and can't cruise on Princess UK since you do not live there...all I want is an elaboration about which political position that Princess has that you are against.  Once you answer this question, I will be more than happy to answer your deflected question.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Was it on HAL?

That one was actually a Carnival cruise  several years ago. Very few elevator trips without someone in a wheelchair or walker. Obviously, nothing wrong with that - we'll all eventually need a little help in one way or another. It just stood out compared to all our previous Carnival cruises. It was out of Ft. Lauderdale as I recall, and we thought that perhaps some large retirement community (not nursing home!) had some package deal with a travel agency or something.

And, to the other poster pointing out Celebrity has an older demographic. I honestly think that was more the case 15 years ago. But, at least on the newer ships of theirs we've taken over the last decade, there was a strong middle age presence - with fewer young kids overall. 

Tom

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Still your obsession continues. You need help.

And yet another deflection. If/when you're ready to have a serious discussion about the topic at hand; let me know - I'm game. My prediction is that you're ill equipped for such an endeavor, please prove me wrong. 😉 Hint: Be vewy, vewy caweful. 

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The Faeroe Islands? Middle of nowhere where isolation is a lifestyle? And an article that hasn't been through peer review? How many variants have they encountered?

The vaccine will likely last at least a year. At 6 months the antibodies are still going strong.

What was your point, anyway.

My point was at the end of the bowling ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Still waiting to discuss your post #617 that you erased and I quoted on post #620.

"Princess UK is not a good fit for us due to their political position."

I'll ignore the fact that you live in FLA and can't cruise on Princess UK since you do not live there...all I want is an elaboration about which political position that Princess has that you are against.  Once you answer this question, I will be more than happy to answer your deflected question.

Interesting deflection. Which portion of this reply answers my generous question?

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That one was actually a Carnival cruise  several years ago. Very few elevator trips without someone in a wheelchair or walker. Obviously, nothing wrong with that - we'll all eventually need a little help in one way or another. It just stood out compared to all our previous Carnival cruises. It was out of Ft. Lauderdale as I recall, and we thought that perhaps some large retirement community (not nursing home!) had some package deal with a travel agency or something.

And, to the other poster pointing out Celebrity has an older demographic. I honestly think that was more the case 15 years ago. But, at least on the newer ships of theirs we've taken over the last decade, there was a strong middle age presence - with fewer young kids overall. 

Tom

Have to agree with you regarding the age demographic on X coming down.  Our last cruise taken was in January 2020 on the Edge and it was one of the best cruises we've been on. Got a great deal onboard for the Apex next January.  Just hope it goes.

2 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Interesting deflection. Which portion of this reply answers my generous question?

Still waiting for the answer from your erased post # 617 regarding political statements made by Princess.  Once that is provided, I will answer your question about covid fears.

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

Still waiting for the answer from your erased post # 617 regarding political statements made by Princess.  Once that is provided, I will answer your question about covid fears.

Deflection is a sure sign of insecurity. One last time: What is your biggest fear about covid and cruising? No deflection...

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Have to agree with you regarding the age demographic on X coming down.  Our last cruise taken was in January 2020 on the Edge and it was one of the best cruises we've been on. Got a great deal onboard for the Apex next January.  Just hope it goes.

I looked closely at a few Edge sailings before she started sailing. We sailed in the Penthouse a few times on Solstice class ships so I was looking at that, but drawn to the even more palatial suites. Once I saw that some of the 7 day sailings were going for 30K+ per person, I clicked "X" (closing the page, not sailing "X", lol). The Edge class is something we'll eventually try, even if in a more modest cabin!  😄

Tom

4 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Deflection is a sure sign of insecurity. One last time: What is your biggest fear about covid and cruising? No deflection...

may I answer that seriously.  My greatest fear is with other lines possibly going with all vaccinated cruisers only, that the number of people that have no immunity to covid would upset the herd immunity balance on board Carnival.  I do assume that there will be some people with a natural immunity from recovery.    

1 minute ago, cruiseracer said:

Once again....you made the mistake about not knowing that Princess UK only dealt with those that lived in the UK.  You then typed and then erased that "Princess UK is not a good fit for us due to their political position."  

You are the one who is insecure.  You made a mistake about not knowing the specific ramifications involved about the Princess UK situation that it was for UK cruisers only and it did not pertain to you since you live in FLA.   You then went and typed a post that I quoted above.  You have made two mistakes.  We are all human and your first mistake about not knowing the exact qualifications of the UK summer sailings can be tossed aside.  But all I am asking for is a further explanation about what the specific political positions are that you are so against that Princess has.

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Once again....you made the mistake about not knowing that Princess UK only dealt with those that lived in the UK.  You then typed and then erased that "Princess UK is not a good fit for us due to their political position."  

You are the one who is insecure.  You made a mistake about not knowing the specific ramifications involved about the Princess UK situation that it was for UK cruisers only and it did not pertain to you since you live in FLA.   You then went and typed a post that I quoted above.  You have made two mistakes.  We are all human and your first mistake about not knowing the exact qualifications of the UK summer sailings can be tossed aside.  But all I am asking for is a further explanation about what the specific political positions are that you are so against that Princess has.

Negative. I'll make this crystal clear for you. If Princess, Princess UK, Princess-anything, Carnival and/or ANY other cruiseline decides that ONLY vaxxed can cruise with them - it then becomes my (and only MY) decision to do so. Your opinion matters none to me. Are you able to comprehend that fact? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

may I answer that seriously.  My greatest fear is with other lines possibly going with all vaccinated cruisers only, that the number of people that have no immunity to covid would upset the herd immunity balance on board Carnival.  I do assume that there will be some people with a natural immunity from recovery.    

Then you have a decision to make. If all cruiselines require you to be jabbed - you decide how important cruising is to you.

• Like 1