Question about promos

magicsoccer

I booked a room and declined some of the free promos.  If I change my mind at a later date can I request they add them back on?  I know I can call and ask, but thought I would ask here first.  Example:  declined the free beverage package, but now want to add it on.  Or accepted the specialty dining but now do not want it.  

5 hours ago, magicsoccer said:

I booked a room and declined some of the free promos.  If I change my mind at a later date can I request they add them back on?  I know I can call and ask, but thought I would ask here first.  Example:  declined the free beverage package, but now want to add it on.  Or accepted the specialty dining but now do not want it.  

to each his own, but why would you want to give up the dining package.  we love cagney's and teppanyaki, and kind of like moderno. we're probably going to eat at those 3 sometime during the cruise anyway, so if we get them included, so much the better

I would imagine it would depend on what type of deals they have at the time you call to make the change. Usually they make you rebook if you want to make any changes, so if the promos are still there and the price hasn't gone up - then you should be fine. If the price has gone up, it may cost you more to get the freebies.

Were you in a sailaway rate cabin, or you just declined all the promos because of the fees? The dining package is really a no-brainer, I think it ends up costing about $20 for a $100+ meal. The drink package is great if you do about 3 beverages a day. If you only want a glass of something with dinner, then it's not worth it, but if you're like us with a mimosa for breakfast, beer for lunch, wine with dinner, then cocktails until bedtime... that too ends up being a nobrainer. 

27 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You promos are locked at time of bookings. That is way you can’t call tomorrow if a better promo pops up. The better approach is to accept the promos at time of booking and remove you you decide you don’t want them. 

Per the Free at Sea Terms and Conditions you can select your promos up to 24 hours prior to sailing or at the time of booking for bookings made within 24 hours of departure, so if you initially decline a promo or promos you can choose to add them later, until the 24 hour deadline.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Terms & Conditions
Valid on 3+ night sailings.
Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 24 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board.
Bookings made within 24 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Per the Free at Sea Terms and Conditions you can select your promos up to 24 hours prior to sailing or at the time of booking for bookings made within 24 hours of departure, so if you initially decline a promo or promos you can choose to add them later, until the 24 hour deadline.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Terms & Conditions
Valid on 3+ night sailings.
Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 24 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board.
Bookings made within 24 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking.

Very interesting and good to know....Thanks for pointing that out!