Info on Aft View cabin category B1 on NCL Breakaway?

PaperSniper4

We usually book either a "mini-suite" on an aft view cabin on Princess, RCI, Carnival or Celebrity. We have only booked balcony cabins on NCL, but we have booked maybe 4 cruises with them. We've been on the Spirit, Jewel and Dawn. I know their balcony cabins are small. I know the Breakaway is a huge ship.

We are considering an aft view, category B1 cabin on the NCL Breakaway out of NOLA next year. Can anyone give me their summary review of their aft view cabin, things they learned pertinent to that location, etc. For instance, are all the balconies on aft view cabins covered? Do any have steel posts or whatever oddities? I already know about the potential for noise, soot, etc that are possible with most aft view cabins, so I don't need that info unless you think it is atypical on the Breakaway.

Thanks a bunch; it's good to be doing some research......now just let us go sailing, dangit! 😳

Doug

The aft balconies vary in size. From largest to smallest on Breakaway and Getaway. 

9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13. 

Deck 9 is directly above the waterfront, therefore in my opinion deck 12 is the best. It’s in a sweet spot between the waterfront and spice H20- if noise is something that bothers you. 

All views are pretty standard. No beams, just the dividers of each cabin next to you. 
If you are at the railing the people above can look down at you and the people below you can look up at you. 

The balconies are partially covered so depending on the time of day you might experience some shade. 

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

The aft balconies vary in size. From largest to smallest on Breakaway and Getaway. 

9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13. 

Deck 9 is directly above the waterfront, therefore in my opinion deck 12 is the best. It’s in a sweet spot between the waterfront and spice H20- if noise is something that bothers you. 

All views are pretty standard. No beams, just the dividers of each cabin next to you. 
If you are at the railing the people above can look down at you and the people below you can look up at you. 

The balconies are partially covered so depending on the time of day you might experience some shade. 

Thank you, this is exactly the information I need. 😎 I did not realize the cabins varied that much in size. Yes, noise does bother me, so I will  pay particular attention to booking something on deck 12.

Doug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thank you, this is exactly the information I need. 😎 I did not realize the cabins varied that much in size. Yes, noise does bother me, so I will  pay particular attention to booking something on deck 12.

Doug

Yes, the Deck 12 B1 Aft balconies on Breakaway/Getaway are great and have room for two loungers plus two chairs.  Love these cabins☺️

Years ago someone created this awesome spreadsheet that includes links to pictures and other information on Breakaway/Getaway cabins. 

I do not know who to attribute it to, but I found this link here on CruiseCritic :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I do not know who to attribute it to...

It was "bear3412". It has helped many, many people (incl. me) over the years. It's even used by some of the PCCs.

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I did not realize the cabins varied that much in size.

That list is for balcony depth, not stateroom size. The staterooms are basically the same size except that some are bed near balcony and some are bed near closet. The wider part of the room is where the bed is located. There are some errors on the deckplan so it is better to ask about a particular stateroom bed location and not to just trust the NCL website or PCCs.

There are also slight differences in balcony width but the average person might not notice. Some forum members are a bit psycho when it comes to the details of the aft-facing staterooms on the BA/BA Plus ships...🤭

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Years ago someone created this awesome spreadsheet that includes links to pictures and other information on Breakaway/Getaway cabins. 

I do not know who to attribute it to, but I found this link here on CruiseCritic :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Thanks, I have used that link before, but lost in somewhere along the line. Thank you for posting for all of us!

Doug

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It was "bear3412". It has helped many, many people (incl. me) over the years. It's even used by some of the PCCs.

That list is for balcony depth, not stateroom size. The staterooms are basically the same size except that some are bed near balcony and some are bed near closet. The wider part of the room is where the bed is located. There are some errors on the deckplan so it is better to ask about a particular stateroom bed location and not to just trust the NCL website or PCCs.

There are also slight differences in balcony width but the average person might not notice. Some forum members are a bit psycho when it comes to the details of the aft-facing staterooms on the BA/BA Plus ships...🤭

Thanks for adding that. It is important to us that the bed be near the balcony, not the closet. I will have to ensure I check into that if we book the NCL Breakaway cruise.

Doug

15 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Yes, the Deck 12 B1 Aft balconies on Breakaway/Getaway are great and have room for two loungers plus two chairs.  Love these cabins☺️

We were in 12906 on the Breakaway. Huge balcony. Youtube has a video of 12906 on the Getaway, exactly the same as Breakaway

• Like 1