No vaccine = no cruise = no children

WanderingBrit

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I'm afraid you're not alone as far as experiencing this type of behaviour goes.  I've been tapped on the shoulder and told "I'll be right back" as the father leaves his young son sitting in a chair close to me.  He was gone close to an hour....  poor kid, he had no idea what to do. 

Was that father expecting you to watch his child while he was gone?

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Was that father expecting you to watch his child while he was gone?

Apparently.  While I would never want anything to happen to the child, I'd think the father would at least ask me and if yes, introduce us. But, he didn't, just walked off like I'd agreed to babysit his son. 

Rude, especially to his son.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Apparently.  While I would never want anything to happen to the child, I'd think the father would at least ask me and if yes, introduce us. But, he didn't, just walked off like I'd agreed to babysit his son. 

Oh my. No words for that guy.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I find that horrifying. You could have been a child molester. Or a crazy person that would have thrown him overboard. I think I would have had to go to a staff person and tell them the child was left alone and abandoned. It might have woke up the idiot father.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bbnmom said:

I find that horrifying. You could have been a child molester. Or a crazy person that would have thrown him overboard. I think I would have had to go to a staff person and tell them the child was left alone and abandoned. It might have woke up the idiot father.

Well, I have wondered what would have happened if I'd suggested to the boy that we go for a walk.  Not sure he'd have agreed, hopefully not. but... what if..

I think that would have set him straight. I was just relieved when he did return, had he not, I'd have asked for security to find the father.