No vaccine = no cruise = no children

WanderingBrit

I support the plans for only vaccinated passengers to sail on any ship in the near future. As for whether children are allowed we are not fond on idea due to safety concerns...for other passengers. We try to select cruises that will not be appealing to families with children and have been fortunate in that regard. Hope to never get caught on a Spring Break cruise!! Cannot imagine anything worse.

I understand those of you with children under 18 want to return to cruising. I hope that can happen one day when we all can be fully vaccinated and can do so safely. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HowardK said:

My children are better behaved and more mature than half the people on this thread. They were actually asking me about a kids cruise without whiny adults who complain all the time. 

Those "whiney adults" are the folks who pay for their cruise. Tell those kids to zip it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

It's all about choices. NCL made thier's. No vaccine, no cruise. You have every right to make yours. If it means no NCL, so be it, but nobody knows yet what the other lines will do in the U.S. You may be out of luck with children, or you may have other options.

• Like 3

I want to reply as a father of a twelve year old. First he would be smart enough to stay out of trouble, we've done several cruises and none has complained, he and I mind our own business, and do our thing. He just took his sat test and scored over 700 in verbal and math, so I feel confident if confronted with an issue he could handle himself, BUT, how can I as a father, who has been fully vaccinated, risk my son to go on a cruise ship unvaccinated? Not sure why they even need an asterisk for what does no vaccine, no cruise, be needed.

• Like 2

I have a Christmas cruise booked and final payment is currently due in August. My kids (8 and 10) may or may not have the opportunity to be vaccinated by the cruise... wondering what will happen with final payment dates and of there will be flexibility given this uncertainty...

9 hours ago, Two_UW_Badgers said:

I have a Christmas cruise booked and final payment is currently due in August. My kids (8 and 10) may or may not have the opportunity to be vaccinated by the cruise... wondering what will happen with final payment dates and of there will be flexibility given this uncertainty...

Right you are. I posted earlier my concerns of our 11 year old GS who we have booked on the Dec  cruise also. Our final payment is Aug. How can we be sure of his being allowed to cruise? We can't at this time. I'm thinking of cancelling his passage as he is in the same cabin with us, and then if things change and he is allowed to sail, just add him again. He did get "free" 3d person, but the tax and all was over $300. Guess we will have to wait and see.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:40 AM, coffeebean said:

I thought surely, by now, you would have understood the reasoning for NCL's decision for fully vaccinated ships after. I guess not.

Self entitled people never get the big picture, it is all about them  and only them period

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Daytonasailor said:

Right you are. I posted earlier my concerns of our 11 year old GS who we have booked on the Dec  cruise also. Our final payment is Aug. How can we be sure of his being allowed to cruise? We can't at this time. I'm thinking of cancelling his passage as he is in the same cabin with us, and then if things change and he is allowed to sail, just add him again. He did get "free" 3d person, but the tax and all was over $300. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Just to clarify the info re: your GS not being able to join you.  IMO, you'd be best to leave him on your ticket and do a "no show" at the port.  Why, b/c you'll receive his taxes and fees back automatically anyway vs having to reprice your cruise and possibly lose your stateroom (unlikely but possible) by having him removed from your ticket.  

I hope your cruise is a go but who knows what will happen by then.  

Good luck

• Like 2

The most disastrous thing for a cruise line would be for one of the "start up" cruises to be quarantined due to covid-19 cases on board. I think, at this time, RCL is going to accept children with vaccinated adults, banking that no child will have a symptomatic case of Covid-19 while on board.

NCL is hoping that the vaccine is as effective as has been reported, and that no cases will arise on their start up cruises. That will pave the way for more cruises with less restrictions in the future.

• Like 2

Regardless of cruise line rules, why would anyone want to take an unvaccinated child on a cruise to foreign ports, where probably less people are vaccinated than at home, during a pandemic, when new variants are appearing that are more contagious and are affecting younger people?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, electro said:

Regardless of cruise line rules, why would anyone want to take an unvaccinated child on a cruise to foreign ports, where probably less people are vaccinated than at home, during a pandemic, when new variants are appearing that are more contagious and are affecting younger people?

This.

• Like 2

If COVID was "under control", the need for a vaccinated cruise would go down. But, even with vaccinations on the rise, the number of new cases per day is still growing and near all time highs. The curve is not flattening. So, to protect those on the ship against a highly infectious population, you would want a vaccinated cruise for now.  

image.thumb.png.cbe378768ea330e0c9d8bc16f6876db6.png

image.png.dd1e1e8553203a033686127a10d20dd7.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Just to clarify the info re: your GS not being able to join you.  IMO, you'd be best to leave him on your ticket and do a "no show" at the port.  Why, b/c you'll receive his taxes and fees back automatically anyway vs having to reprice your cruise and possibly lose your stateroom (unlikely but possible) by having him removed from your ticket.  

I hope your cruise is a go but who knows what will happen by then.  

Good luck

That's good advice. I thought you lost it all on a "No Show". Thanks for the info. I'm gonna do that.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 9:09 AM, coffeebean said:

Seriously? You have seen adults crawling under tables in a restaurant? Glad I wasn't on THAT cruise.

Not on NCL, but there have been reports of adults crawling under tables, doing clothing checks, to ensure that no one was wearing shorts or blue jeans in the MDR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2021 at 5:11 PM, deliver42 said:

It's all about choices. NCL made thier's. No vaccine, no cruise. You have every right to make yours. If it means no NCL, so be it, but nobody knows yet what the other lines will do in the U.S. You may be out of luck with children, or you may have other options.

Another option - Disney Cruise

On 4/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, jonbgd said:

No children on a cruise we would love that😜

Us too.  People get so offended that we don't adore their children as much as they do.  We have dealt with bratty kids on every cruise we have been on...playing under the table, coloring on the table cloth, creating science project on their plates, pouring out salt and pepper, throw down tantrums, running through restaurants , sticking their fingers in buffet food...all while the parents sit there and ignore their "well-behaved" offspring.  I often wonder if they act like this in their homes or do people think because they paid for it, their children can act like little shits.

Edited by Dreamcruiser2
  • Like 4

So, I guess all of you landed here from another planet, never having been a child and never having had children in your family.  

I love children, they make me feel alive and I can see their future growing as they part take of their cruising experience.  Sad that some have forgotten what it's like to be a child, have a child and love a grandchild.  

Want an adult only cruise... check out Virgin Voyages. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

So, I guess all of you landed here from another planet, never having been a child and never having had children in your family.  

I love children, they make me feel alive and I can see their future growing as they part take of their cruising experience.  Sad that some have forgotten what it's like to be a child, have a child and love a grandchild.  

Or, you know, people could just raise their kids better.

As someone who has traveled extensively throughout Europe for going on 40 years, I'm always impressed with how much better behaved their kids are. Oh, I know there are exceptions, but in my experience, European parents lay down the law much better. I've witnessed MANY incidents where a mother tells her whiny child "if you don't stop, we're leaving," and sticks to her guns. Too many American parents (and yes, I'm generalizing) allow their kids to be brats because they've mentally tuned out their whining. Again, just basing it on MY experience here. FYI I haven't forgotten what it's like to be a child, I remember that my parents didn't put up with ANY bad behavior. Period.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I also love children....   But I am also considerate of others.  When our children were that young, I would NEVER have brought them on a cruise.   Our limits were MacDonalds,  Ponderosa, (Where the place was teaming with other children) or Disney World...   

Unfortunately we have witnessed WAY too many times the "I paid for a vacation for my wife and I, so we (the family) can do as we please" mentality.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, FredT said:

Unfortunately we have witnessed WAY too many times the "I paid for a vacation for my wife and I, so we (the family) can do as we please" mentality.

I'm afraid you're not alone as far as experiencing this type of behaviour goes.  I've been tapped on the shoulder and told "I'll be right back" as the father leaves his young son sitting in a chair close to me.  He was gone close to an hour....  poor kid, he had no idea what to do. 

• Like 2