The Daily for Thursday Apr 22, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm late, too, but really have no excuse.  So sorry, @fatcat04 about your little Houdini.  And happy, too about @kazu and @Horizon chaser 1957about your shots.   Little by little, we'll get there!  Haven't been to Portland,  I'm kind of discouraged today about our August cruise, pretty sure we will be cancelling next week.  Now evidently in BC there are (at least) 36 cases of the new  variant which is causing such a problem  in India, and Canada is banning flights from India and Pakistan for 30.  Seems to me to be closing the barn door after the horse has fled!  

Hope for good news tomorrow...

I so agree with you on the statement I bolded.

So sorry to hear you might have to cancel your cruise. 😢 Your final payment is probably not far away and in the current environment,  I can’t blame you sad 😞 

But I was so hoping by now things would have improved and it seems everything is going in the wrong direction in Europe and here.  😔 

• Like 4

Thanks to Rich for the Daily and to Roy for the lists.

@cunnorl sending Birthday greetings for your 70th tomorrow.

@kazugood news that you have an appointment to receive your first  jab.

@fatcat04so very sorry to read about your handsome Houdini,.......... a very special cat. Sending  cyber hugs to you.

An overcast day, trees are loosing their leaves.

Take care everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

I so agree with you on the statement I bolded.

So sorry to hear you might have to cancel your cruise. 😢 Your final payment is probably not far away and in the current environment,  I can’t blame you sad 😞 

But I was so hoping by now things would have improved and it seems everything is going in the wrong direction in Europe and here.  😔 

Yup!  I just don’t understand the thinking.  We are told to stay home and not to leave our health district, and international flights are coming and going every day!

Our final payment date is May 3,  we have pretty much decided to transfer everything over (FCDs and FCCs) to something later next year.  I think this year’s a bust.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed reading all the posts and seeing the pictures.  Hugs to all who are on the care list and congrats to the happy list folks.  

Going to work outside tomorrow before the rains come back.  But we sure do need the rain.  Burn bans in effect here in April...really unusual.

Love jelly beans...am tempted every time I see the huge jar of jelly bellies at Costco.  

Have a wonderful evening.  Thanks for all the news and info.

• Like 7

It has been a couple of days since I posted.  Condolences to those losing beloved pets.  I feel your pain.  DH and I cried for 3+ days when we lost ours.  Sorry I have missed some birthdays and anniversaries, but belated best wishes to all.

Yesterday was a 6+ hour FEMA class, and then on to a county call.  My head was swimming after it all.  Glad I enjoy my volunteer “job.”

Has anyone else become concerned with 130 additional countries added to the US State Dept. travel advisory list?   Between that and the CDC how can cruising resume?  I so want to be on a cruise ship!!!  Especially a BHB.

Glad more jabs are coming for many.  My DSis and BIL (not D) finally got their first yesterday, but don’t think they will welcome a visit in January before I go to Hawaii.

Have a great evening, everyone.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Our final payment date is May 3,  we have pretty much decided to transfer everything over (FCDs and FCCs) to something later next year.  I think this year’s a bust.  

I am afraid you are right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am afraid you are right.

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Yup!  I just don’t understand the thinking.  We are told to stay home and not to leave our health district, and international flights are coming and going every day!

I guess I'm too optimistic, I made my final payment yesterday (with gift cards)

• Like 2