Webinar

Beamafar

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

Bea ... Was that for All sailings or until restrictions are lifted in June ?

Not Bea but he said the situation was fluid and things may change after 21st June both for excursions and other restrictions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kernow said:

Not Bea but he said the situation was fluid and things may change after 21st June both for excursions and other restrictions.

It would make sense to alter the restrictions after the June date assuming nothing goes backwards that is.

3 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Dumb question but is the June 1st Southampton Virtuosa cruise considered to be an inaugural? Seems to  be number 4 so would be?

Yes, he said the first 4 cruises.

3 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Dumb question but is the June 1st Southampton Virtuosa cruise considered to be an inaugural? Seems to  be number 4 so would be?

No such thing as a dumb question 🙋‍♀️ 

Is it a four- nighter?   I may be mistaken but I think he may have said something about the first four sailings being four-night ones(??) and that they would be classed as maiden voyages.  I’m open to correction on that. 

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Is it a four- nighter?   I may be mistaken but I think he may have said something about the first four sailings being four-night ones(??) and that they would be classed as maiden voyages.  I’m open to correction on that. 

Yup its a 4 night one so looks like it is. I wonder what they do differently?

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

You're right, that's exactly what he said.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Yup its a 4 night one so looks like it is. I wonder what they do differently?

He mentioned Welcome aboard cocktails, Gala night, special entertainment, can't remember what else but it sounded good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

There will be 2 Hotel Directors, one being British and the other American.  The number of announcements will be reduced and will be in English only.  The currency onboard will be Sterling;  the included all-inclusive drinks package will cover drinks up to £10.

Capacity onboard will be 75-80% occupancy - 1000 pax onboard.

The capacity issue is confusing. 75 to 80% occupancy is far higher than 1,000 passengers. Did they explain more?

2 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

The capacity issue is confusing. 75 to 80% occupancy is far higher than 1,000 passengers. Did they explain more?

That’s what I thought when he said it.  He discussed the percentage occupancy and the reasons around it then he mentioned there being 1000 passengers onboard.  

Edited by Beamafar

25 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

That’s what I thought when he said it.  He discussed the percentage occupancy and the reasons around it then he mentioned there being 1000 passengers onboard.  

Isn't the 1000 passenger limit up until the final stage of the roadmap on 21 June? And then the higher percentage after that, as there will be no more government restrictions? 

1 minute ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Isn't the 1000 passenger limit up until the final stage of the roadmap on 21 June? And then the higher percentage after that, as there will be no more government restrictions? 

That could be it.   

He said 1000 passengers up to 21st June and then 75-80% capacity. I posted that in the other thread. He also said that from 21st June things will be fluid as the country opens up.

1 hour ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Did they mention anymore regarding the tours  and when they would be available to book? There is only one tour showing at the moment for Portland.

He said more excursions will be available in the next few days, they are still working with operators in Liverpool and Greenock.

Interesting, to me, that there will be an American hotel director aboard, as well as a British one.  I'm going to think positive and take that as an omen that US cruises are being prepared for.

(Yes, I'm an American, spying on any MSC news that I can find.)

11 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Your lot may have a problem with proving you've been vaccinated, apparently.  No problems for the English and Welsh! 😏 

TBH, the whole COVID-19 thing has recently had the lead up to Brexit effect on me! Being totally brassed off with the saturation coverage, I rarely listen in any more. 

For that reason, I have no idea if what you suggest is actually the case in Scotland.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

TBH, the whole COVID-19 thing has recently had the lead up to Brexit effect on me! Being totally brassed off with the saturation coverage, I rarely listen in any more. 

For that reason, I have no idea if what you suggest is actually the case in Scotland.

Antonio was speaking about the proof required to show that you’ve been vaccinated.  He made some reference to the “4 countries” having different ways of handling this.   He then went on to say that England and Wales were OK because they issue a card (or something) but that with Scotland it’s not the same and so it’s more complicated (I’m paraphrasing and going on memory - and, at my age, that’s risky at the best of times 🤣).  He said that perhaps ye could get confirmation from your GP.

PS   He never did mention which was the “4th” country.  I can only assume he was referring to Northern Ireland - which isn’t a country - but he was only speaking about the UK as only UK residents will be able to cruise from there at the moment.   He also said that those in the Channel Islands can book as they’re part of the CTA (Common Travel Area - though so are we and we won’t let us book 😟).

Those holding Irish passports must show proof of an address in the UK.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

.....He never did mention which was the “4th” country.  I can only assume he was referring to Northern Ireland - which isn’t a country - .....

That's a new one on me! Why would you say NI is not a country, as South Ireland is Eire and an EU member, NI is part of the UK?