August 2021 Splendor ONLY Cancelled

mrlevin

There has "gone' my Baltic cruise - that is now 4 RSS cancelled cruises.........

This logically makes sense as the Med in Sept is still my expectation for RSS to restart following on from NCL's earlier restart.

What we need now is for RSS to bring out the 2023 itineraries to soak up demand from existing clients who have a stack of cancelled credits to us up.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Four Splendor cruises scheduled to depart in August are gone from website; no other changes.

I can still see the Splendor August cruises on the Regent UK website; waitlisted as with all the other ships.

4 minutes ago, crispy46 said:

All the mid September to mid October cruises on Splendor show "waitlisted." How should one interpret that?

See newer thread with link to Jason's announcement video.

13 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Regent UK website has now updated

We have just booked our 1st Oceania cruise on the Marina’s initial return to sailing in late August from Copenhagen >> Stockholm replacing our almost identical RSS Splendor cruise that was cancelled today.

Will be an interesting comparison to make………..that we are looking forward to experiencing.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 5:16 AM, ShropshireCritic said:

What we need now is for RSS to bring out the 2023 itineraries to soak up demand from existing clients who have a stack of cancelled credits to us up.......

Be forewarned that Regent is saying FCCs must be used on sailings departing by 31 December 2022.  The FAQs associated with yesterday's cancellations do not carry this condition, but this is what they are telling our TA.

5 hours ago, mcshane said:

We are booked on the Nov 23 transatlantic on Splendor. Any opinions as to whether it will sail? The uncertainty is awful! 

We are on the same cruise from Athens leaving Nov. 11.  We are confident that it will sail as long as all passengers and crew are fully vaccinated.  The Splendor will already have been carrying passengers since Sept. 11.

• Like 1

Let me make a general statement - Until all issues surrounding cruising in USA water are resolved between the CDC and the cruise companies, there will be no sailing in US waters.

We don't know where they stand on issues such as crew quarters, etc. We do know that the info released the other day may or may not be true by time of sailing. 

NCL just decided to allow guests to do whatever they want off ship in Bermuda...I suspect more announcement like this will follow. But more of these announcements may not bode well for a return to the USA until all issues are resolved. 

Its a tough time people and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but we need to stay patient for a little longer.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, ShropshireCritic said:

We have just booked our 1st Oceania cruise on the Marina’s initial return to sailing in late August from Copenhagen >> Stockholm replacing our almost identical RSS Splendor cruise that was cancelled today.

Will be an interesting comparison to make………..that we are looking forward to experiencing.

I will be very interested to hear how the Oceania cruise goes, as we were on the Regent Baltic that was canceled also. Curious to see which ports are open.

23 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

I will be very interested to hear how the Oceania cruise goes, as we were on the Regent Baltic that was canceled also. Curious to see which ports are open.

Been very impressed so far with the seamless booking process and have picked the identical excursions as per our original Splendor cruise. Bearing in mind that we are looking almost 4 months forward and with the rapidly increasing vaccination data I am pretty confident that Europe will be open for "controlled" tourism very soon - say late June/early July.