Cruising Without a Vaccination

6 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

My point is that these "vaccines" have had no long term studies done so no one can know that they are indeed "safe" in the long run.  You have your opinion, I have mine.  Neither is right or wrong.   

Just as with any other medication or vaccine, there are no long term studies.  Drugs and vaccines are released to the market when “safety” has been proven according to the FDA in order to address a pressing medical need. The COVID vaccine was introduced to address a tragic pandemic and is being used worldwide.  In order to arrest COVID-19 spread we need to be vaccinated otherwise it will live on and, as current variants have proved, become even more infectious and deadly.  Get the vaccine or don’t. Your choice.  But those who don’t will have no right to complain when life does not return to normal. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, jezabel80 said:

When did he say he never believed in getting a vaccine?  And the current " Vice"  President,  or should I say President said she would never get the vaccine,  and yet she got it.   That speaks volumes!

I have no idea what this even means!

• Like 1

None of this really matters.  If you don't have the COVID vaccination(s), regardless of reason, you aren't cruising!

And, because of FL's Governor's refusal to acknowledge even the slightest care regarding the COVID Virus, Cruise companies are finding other embarkation origination points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Other medicines and vaccines have been around long enough to know long term safeness. Unlike this rushed for emergency use jab.  

"Your choice".  Absolutely correct....MY choice.   And for those getting the jab, then virtue signaling and trying to shame other people into getting it, can just keep quiet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

If you've chosen to get yours, why are you so concerned about my choice??

Because the unvaccinated population provides a base for the virus to continue to thrive and develop variants.  While the current vaccines are effective against the current variants, that may not always be the case.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

None of this really matters.  If you don't have the COVID vaccination(s), regardless of reason, you aren't cruising!

And, because of FL's Governor's refusal to acknowledge even the slightest care regarding the COVID Virus, Cruise companies are finding other embarkation origination points.

Not all lines are holding to 100% vaccination policies and many are yet to make a final decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frankp01 said:

Because the unvaccinated population provides a base for the virus to continue to thrive and develop variants.  While the current vaccines are effective against the current variants, that may not always be the case.

Fair enough but, there is never going to be 100% of the population vaccinated. Variants are a part of any virus just like with the Flu and yet we don't have this same reaction nor debate with who chooses to get that vaccine. Again I say... if you are vaccinated that is unless you don't think your vaccine is effective, you need not be concerned about those who are not!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fivelinks said:

if you are vaccinated that is unless you don't think your vaccine is effective, you need not be concerned about those who are not!

Well, on a cruise I would be concerned. Not for my own health, but I'd be worried there could be a COVID outbreak, which would definitely impact my trip.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

We DO NOT KNOW what the side effects WILL BE years from now.  So, five/ten/fifteen years from now, when people start having medical problems and they trace it back to the jab, what then?  FACT - These jabs have NOT been approved by the FDA!!!  They have been EUA which is Emergency Use AUTHORIZATION which is different than APPROVAL.  They are in Phase 3 of "clinical trials", which means everyone that has or is getting the jab now is part of the clinical trial.

Good point!  So lets wait 5-10-15 years before we act and actually give the vaccines....Lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

I'm sorry, but too bad. If the price of controlling a virus is the forced vaccination of the unwilling, that's too high of a price. And I say this as a vaccinated person. I would humbly suggest that we do not, as a society, want to go down this road.

• Like 4

In 2004 Sars was infecting people. They started developing a vaccine to counteract it. SARS fizzled out and the  vaccine was never needed. When Covid hit they built a vaccine based on all the research that had already been done. As far as people claiming this was a rushed vaccine, they are wrong. They simply tweaked the preliminary research. Covid19 is a SARS virus.

• Like 6

i throw my hands up and roll my eyes in disbelief that some people refuse to get the vaccine.

while i accept your right to decline, i beg of you, DONT sail on my cruise, and if by chance we're on the same ship, please stay as far away from me as humanly possible.

we're on the star this oct 24th and nov 2022 trans atlantic from lisbon to rio. so now i believe i've given you sufficient notice to "BACK OFF"

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm sorry, but too bad. If the price of controlling a virus is the forced vaccination of the unwilling, that's too high of a price. And I say this as a vaccinated person. I would humbly suggest that we do not, as a society, want to go down this road.

I agree.  While my immediate family is fully vaccinated, I have other family and friends who have opted not to get vaccinated at this time due to a variety of reasons and I respect their decision, as they also respect mine.   They also realize that they may be prevented from being able to do/participate in things that may require a vaccine and they're ok with that for the time being.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

In 2004 Sars was infecting people. They started developing a vaccine to counteract it. SARS fizzled out and the  vaccine was never needed. When Covid hit they built a vaccine based on all the research that had already been done. As far as people claiming this was a rushed vaccine, they are wrong. They simply tweaked the preliminary research. Covid19 is a SARS virus.

Honest question, if this was not a "rushed vaccine" and all the research has been done, why is it not approved for children?

4 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

Honest question, if this was not a "rushed vaccine" and all the research has been done, why is it not approved for children?

Children are still developing, so medications and vaccines could potentially affect that development process.  Research is often done with adults only, and is very common with anything new.  Once something is determined to be safe and effective in adults, only then would children be included in trials.

If you check your medicine cabinet, you will find that many medications (otc or rx) have specific warnings against giving to children. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

What I have read suggests that since younger children in particular don't have immune systems as well developed as an adult's, and the vaccine works by triggering the immune system, that was the reason. An article I posted below suggests it's also because they seem to be less affected by Sars-CoV-2. Still, I see reports that Pfizer and others are requesting authorization to begin testing on younger people starting in September. (see 2nd link)

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/02/08/1017621/why-arent-kids-getting-vaccinated/

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210412/pfizer-asks-fda-to-ok-covid-vaccine-for-kids-age-12-15

14 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i throw my hands up and roll my eyes in disbelief that some people refuse to get the vaccine.

while i accept your right to decline, i beg of you, DONT sail on my cruise, and if by chance we're on the same ship, please stay as far away from me as humanly possible.

we're on the star this oct 24th and nov 2022 trans atlantic from lisbon to rio. so now i believe i've given you sufficient notice to "BACK OFF"

The only argument that makes sense to me,is the possibility of someone getting Covid and having the cruise shut down.

If you're vaccinated and I'm not,  why are you so afraid of me?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinbadssailors said:

The only argument that makes sense to me,is the possibility of someone getting Covid and having the cruise shut down.

If you're vaccinated and I'm not,  why are you so afraid of me?

Because of the possibility of someone getting COVID and having the cruise shut down

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

so the global pandemic that was the virus SARS "fizzled out" with no vaccine necessary?  Interesting.

Edited by WICKEDIRISH

35 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

That being said, no one has to get the VACCINE.  They just have to understand, if they aren’t going to get it, there are certain activities and places they’ll be excluded from.  In this instance, cruising on NCL over the next several months.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I have no idea what this even means!

I was asking another poster, Laszlo,  when did the former President say he never believed in getting the vaccine.   The only one that ever said anything about not getting the vaccine is the current "Vice" President.

I’m a regular having treatment at our local hospital, I’ve had my two jabs, so have 100% of the hospital staff, so why does everyone have to use medical masks from the front door and throughout the hospital? Because it’s still active in vaccinated people, yes they can still spread it.....

Now you know why NCL want full vaccinated cruisers only it’s common sense!!

Edited by Trimone
  • Like 6

It’s pretty counter-intuitive for people to insist on being able to cruise without a vaccine, when it’s the vaccines that have caused infection to slow down to the point where cruising could be considered again. They’re basically saying “thank you people who decided to get vaxed and do your part to make this a possibility, but I’m just going to go ahead and not do my part while also reaping the benefits”. It’s a simple decision, if you want to cruise, get vaccinated. If your opposition to the vaccine outweighs your desire to cruise, than don’t cruise. Cruising is a privilege, not a right.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stallion said:

The statistics in Israel, the United Kingdom and yes the United States are showing that the vaccines are highly effective in reducing the spread of Covid 19

Coincidentally, in the rest of the world where vaccinations are scarce, Covid is raging and total Covid cases are near their apex

In the UK there have been 127,000 adverse reactions to the virus. There won't be any long term studies on those folk as they are no longer with us.

• Haha 1

Just now, Murph269 said:

It’s pretty counter-intuitive for people to insist on being able to cruise without a vaccine, when it’s the vaccines that have caused infection to slow down to the point where cruising could be considered again. They’re basically saying “thank you people who decided to get vaxed and do your part to make this a possibility, but I’m just going to go ahead and not do my part while also reaping the benefits”. It’s a simple decision, if you want to cruise, get vaccinated. If your opposition to the vaccine outweighs your desire to cruise, than don’t cruise. Cruising is a privilege, not a right.  

aaaannnndd here it is....virtue signaling and shaming people for not getting the jab.

• Like 2