Future cruise credit

Hi everyone, a wee problem maybe someone can help with.

At the end of last year I received a FCC on a deposit on a cancelled cruise, this cruise was booked in the uk. I booked a cruise on Anthem for Norwegian fiords through my American agent, and Royal applied the FCC to the new cruise.

The original credit was £300 as I was rebooking in dollars they converted it to dollars$408, this cruise as of course been cancelled and I received 125% of the money paid as FCC but I have not had the $408 refunded at 100%. The agent says they are looking into it and the problem is it was originally inGBP, The Noweigian cruise was paid almost in full I still owed $200 to pay on final payment so I was told I wouldn’t get the taxes back, perhaps someone knows if this makes sense, maybe Ken or anyone who has a clue.

I have emailed the agent in USA to see if she can find out why it’s taking so long, the last time I heard from her was 10 days ago.

Thanks,Dianne

1 hour ago, di T said:

The original credit was £300 as I was rebooking in dollars they converted it to dollars$408

Booking in different currencies and markets (using a £ FCC in a $ US market) is likely the issue (usually not allowed) and it may take quite sometime and lots of follow up to fix this.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Booking in different currencies and markets (using a £ FCC in a $ US market) is likely the issue (usually not allowed) and it may take quite sometime and lots of follow up to fix this.

I’ve used recent £ FCCs against my $ bookings and they were applied the same day at a very favourable exchange rate!

• Like 1

Just now, little britain said:

I’ve used recent £ FCCs against my $ bookings and they were applied the same day at a very favourable exchange rate!

And then did you try to get your money back like the OP?

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

And then did you try to get your money back like the OP?

Thanks, Biker

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I agree with Biker.  Because this is an unusual case it will take them a while.  Unfortunately a while could easily be 30 days or longer. 

5 hours ago, little britain said:

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I agree with Biker.  Because this is an unusual case it will take them a while.  Unfortunately a while could easily be 30 days or longer. 

5 hours ago, little britain said:

On the Norwegian cruise they applied the FCC and like you the exchange rate was good! When they cancelled I thought they would give me the old FCC as it stood and then I could apply it to the cruise I have booked for next year, I have received the future credit from the amount I paid on the fiords cruise but would of liked to have applied all credits to next years booking. Doesn’t seem like a big task! But hey! Dianne

1 hour ago, di T said:

I have received the future credit from the amount I paid on the fiords cruise but would of liked to have applied all credits to next years booking.

Once it gets reissued you will be able to apply it to that cruise.  you are now allowed to apply multiple FCC's to the same cruise

On 5/3/2021 at 8:18 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Once it gets reissued you will be able to apply it to that cruise.  you are now allowed to apply multiple FCC's to the same cruise

It’s all sorted now and I can apply to next summers cruise😄Just hope my 2 Celebrity cruises in September go ahead it will be 20 months without a cruise by then. Dianne

• Like 1