Only 3 ships on site now for July

80sGal

I suspect they put a capacity hold on these cruises to mitigate cancelation adders for customers, manage voluntary boots from the ship, and not have to deal with the CDC too much. No one has said for certain, but it is my suspicion that is what they have done.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, asalligo said:

John Heald just made an update on Facebook about this. 

As some of you have been asking I wanted to pass this along to you.
While we evaluate the CDC’s new guidance on the resumption of cruising from the U.S., we have closed for sale all July voyages except for Carnival Horizon, Carnival Vista and Carnival Breeze. We have taken no other actions on these cruises, and will update guests and travel agents once we finalize plans for the resumption of guest operations under the new CDC guidelines. We appreciate the support and understanding of our guests and travel partners, and commit to communicating more information as quickly as possible.
I will keep you all informed as we continue to get ready and prepared to bring back your FUN
Cheers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I've been told that the Horizon will be one of the first to sail. It's ready and has been ready with crew. Capacity to be between 60 to 75 percent PAX as of yesterday. I guess we'll wait and see if my source is correct. Scheduled to sail on her mid July. 

59 minutes ago, outdoors27 said:

I've been told that the Horizon will be one of the first to sail. It's ready and has been ready with crew. Capacity to be between 60 to 75 percent PAX as of yesterday. I guess we'll wait and see if my source is correct. Scheduled to sail on her mid July. 

so your source is saying the crew is already vaccinated at 98%? I sure hope that's correct and the PAX % numbers are true.

6 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The Horizon is no longer showing as available to book in July or August.

Probably because the Gov. of that state made it to where businesses can't ask if you have been vaccinated. The cruise lines have to be able to know your vaccine status  in order to comply with the CDC.  

On 5/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, outdoors27 said:

They only have a bare minimum crew onboard during the shutdown to maintain the ships. The majority of the crew is not onboard during the shutdown. All the room stewards, waitstaff, etc. are back in their home countries. That is one of the main reasons it takes up to 90 days to be ready to resume cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe as ncl said today they cant get ready to restart in july. Time is slip sliding away for August. 3 ships were set to start by carnival. Going to be a slow start from whichever ports. Carnival hasnt even set restart protocols like vaccinations required. 

Maybe it has everything to do with the cdc and the cruiselines working things out. If it was only about florida then ncl wouldnt be saying they dont think a July restart is possible. There are other ports if that was the only issue.

Edited by firefly333

16 minutes ago, mondello said:

They only have a bare minimum crew onboard during the shutdown to maintain the ships. The majority of the crew is not onboard during the shutdown. All the room stewards, waitstaff, etc. are back in their home countries. That is one of the main reasons it takes up to 90 days to be ready to resume cruising.

Yep full crew is needed. Carnival head cooks always come from India. Every cruise forever in the past that I've been told. Rcl had to stop getting crew from India temporarily..I can imagine there are other issues. The cooks being from india is why you can request indian food in the Mdr with 24 hour delay 

Edited by firefly333

On 5/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, outdoors27 said:

I can assure you with fact that she is not ready to sail, does not have more than essential crew and the capacity will be 75%. She will be one of the first to sail that is correct but absolutely not is there anywhere close to 700+ crew members onboard. 

1 hour ago, slavens_09 said:

Probably because the Gov. of that state made it to where businesses can't ask if you have been vaccinated. The cruise lines have to be able to know your vaccine status  in order to comply with the CDC.  

Vista is also gone from july. Just checked. ..I'm sure even though it goes from Galveston it also must be desantis fault. Seems everyone blames him for everything. 

Only 2 sailings of breeze still showing on carnival site at the moment for july.

Vista gone from carnival site for july must be related to desantis. Every problem with cruises not resuming someone blames on desantis. Must be more powerful than I knew. 

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Vista is also gone from july. Just checked. ..I'm sure even though it goes from Galveston it also must be desantis fault. Seems everyone blames him for everything. 

Only 2 sailings of breeze still showing on carnival site at the moment for july.

Vista gone from carnival site for july must be related to desantis. Every problem with cruises not resuming someone blames on desantis. Must be more powerful than I knew. 

Vista is still on the website for July...

8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My computer is doing that too.  Must be desantis.  JK 😉

My roll call is claiming their booking is also dissapearing and worrying. Luckily today it's back. 2 people said their booking was gone. 

I am currently booked on the Dream to sail out of Galveston on August 8th.  Booking has disappeared from the Carnival site, with only the Breeze and Vista showing as being bookable.  I think that I went from a 50/50 chance for sailing on this cruise to a 0 chance on the sailing.  Man, this will be the third cancellation for this booking.  Not sure if I am going to re-book this for next year, or just cancel and get my monies back.  The CDC has gone insane on their guidelines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jhubba said:

I am currently booked on the Dream to sail out of Galveston on August 8th.  Booking has disappeared from the Carnival site, with only the Breeze and Vista showing as being bookable.  I think that I went from a 50/50 chance for sailing on this cruise to a 0 chance on the sailing.  Man, this will be the third cancellation for this booking.  Not sure if I am going to re-book this for next year, or just cancel and get my monies back.  The CDC has gone insane on their guidelines.

Carnival needs to say soon ..... who in july or all ... already. I know everyone is frustrated with the lack of news from carnival. I'm bursting to know.