RU1 offer

deb1eric

We want to book 2 cabins, my husband and I both have the RU1 offer and want to take my sister and her boyfriend and have them get free drinks too (first time cruisers).  Does carnival care who's really in the cabins, our reservation will be tried together as I'm booking both cabins together? 

12 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You can book two cabins under his and your name, and when you get on board get extra room keys made because you are traveling as a group - Customer Service won't even blink an eye.

To take advantage of the offer Wouldnt she have to book the cabins with her in one and husband in another and then just get extra room keys made?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

To take advantage of the offer Wouldnt she have to book the cabins with her in one and husband in another and then just get extra room keys made?

Yes because I believe it says and travel companion so two separate rooms 

Edited by dbrucern

You are correct.  I call my PVP and I book my and my brother in law in one room and my wife and sister in another room.  We had two RU1 codes so both rooms get the cheers package.  When we get on the ship we will get extra room keys made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deb1eric said:

We want to book 2 cabins, my husband and I both have the RU1 offer and want to take my sister and her boyfriend and have them get free drinks too (first time cruisers).  Does carnival care who's really in the cabins, our reservation will be tried together as I'm booking both cabins together? 

Yes, at this point you can still cheat the system.

9 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Yea, but only those cruisers that were chosen by the ridiculous target marketing that Carnival bestows on those lucky to receive a Ru1 RU2 or RU3 code

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

I think that's more of a loophole than a cheat.  

Now, manually editing the URL to force the RU1 code to display...that would be cheating.

Note:  This won't work, and you shouldn't try it.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

No sweat!  Just worried that maybe my coffee hadn't kicked in, and I'd written something bass-ackwards!

lol no i shoulda known better since it was you

3 minutes ago, CrusinCyndi said:

What does the code RX1 mean as opposed to the code RU1 ?

I'd have to go check to verify but sounds like it's the wifi code so you get wifi without extra cost for the cruise.

Ru1 is drinks, the rx1 is wifi, one or the other, same cost.

37 minutes ago, CrusinCyndi said:

My reservation shows the RX1 code, but it does state that we have the drink package.

Ok I looked and wifi is LU1. I said I needed to verify, should have before I replied.

Idk rx1. You need to ask whomever you booked with  rui is cheers on mine and lu1 is wifi.  I attahced .

20210516_181329458.jpeg