Anyone Encounter Successful Changes

lhuggi1

Just wondering if anyone was able to change their cruise without penalty or loss of funds? 

We booked a non-refundable easy saver rate (we own this choice) and we will not be vaccinated fully by the time the cruise goes. We only have the deposit sitting on it thankfully! 

Our Panorama cruise has not been canceled yet, but we want to try to change the cruise to the new year to a different ship

• Like 1

I havent had to yet, but Ive been told and seen multiple times on here that your PVP can do this for you without penalty. Ours had been great rescheduling cancelled cruises for us but havent had to actually move a booking yet.

• Thanks 1

I changed my January 2022 Pride cruise to March 2022 last month without a fee. Initially they said $50 per person and I said then I will not make the change and they relented and made the change without the fee. So it certainly can be done if you press them. 

YAY I was able to change to 2022 to the Marci Gras. They waived the Admin fee and I only paid a small difference in the deposit. Carnival was lovely to deal with. Good Luck to anyone in the same situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've changed sailings twice of my own accord (plus one where Carnival cancelled during the pandemic).

Once was during the pandemic and final payment was getting close, but I didn't think the sailing would happen, I didn't want to sail if it did happened, and I didn't want to put down full payment even if Carnival then cancelled and offered OBC - I called and had it moved, no penalty (but did have to pay an additional deposit - the old deposit simply became a further payment).

The other time was pre-pandemic, and I needed to cancel a cruise due to work-related conditions, so I got it shifted to a different origin port, ship, and destination at no extra cost, with original deposit credited as a new deposit - but I had to pay a slight additional deposit because it was a longer cruise or I had originally booked the $50pp deposit and it was now $100pp, or something.

• Like 1

I just changed a Jan 2023 five-day out of Charleston to a Nov 2022 five-day out of Charleston (same room/itinerary). Only had $100 deposit committed under one of the reduced-rate deposit offers on my VIFP.

They waived the penalty and transferred the $100 to my now 2-month earlier cruise. This was through a travel agent, so the on-hold while dealing with Carnival was lengthy but worth it. Transferred the $300 cancelled cruise OBC (from original cancelled 5-day Nov 2020 that I rebooked to Jan 2023 a while back) and added the $500 OBC for rate code OUV (only available to me on 2022 cruises, reason for the switch-up in dates).

So, $800 OBC already on my Booking and Order details. (and for the bonus round, same room was $32 less)

So, YMMV, but there is some recent success at avoiding the deposit sacrifice penalty on changes.

Moving Target

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 12:53 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Glad it worked out. They told me that any cruises for 2021 could be lifted/shifted with no penalty. I had no such luck changing a cruise for 2022 back one week. Hope you enjoy your cruise! 

That’s a weird phrase for Carnival to use.