Planet Hollywood live-ish review

MeganGC1983

4 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Everything looked good minus the crabs😀

I never even heard of this place before. Good to know about it. 

It was really good. And not very expensive. Margaritas x 2 beer x 2 plus chips and guacamole and 6 tacos was $41 us. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Everything looked good minus the crabs😀

I never even heard of this place before. Good to know about it. 

I hear everything is better without  the crabs. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

So we watched the turtles for awhile, probably too long. Then walked back and shopped a little. Got our kids some shirts and went back to the dock. Luis was a 5 star tour guide. Really liked him. If you go to Isla and want a tour driver, look up Isla Mujeres Robby and ask for Luis. 
the best news is they opened up for snorkeling. The bad news was it rocked my world. Worst waves I’ve ever attempted to snorkel in. I saw some fish and I was over it. Husband kept going. He probably snorkeled for 30ish minutes and the boat went back to the port in Cancun and to William to bring us back to PH. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

A sea turtle orgy was going on. We saw at least 2 dozen sea turtles getting it on. Luis says this is the very beginning of the season and they lay their eggs at the first beach we went to. Who knew?! 

They also lay eggs on the east side of Cozumel. That’s why they don’t have electricity. The lights can distract the turtles and they just dump their eggs in the ocean. And they restrict access because a lot of countries have problems with people stealing turtle eggs.  They can even do it while the turtle is laying the eggs and she won’t know. She’ll cover up an empty hole and not even know it.

• Like 3

Ordered French onion soup, Cesar salad and NY strips with potato and onion rings. Mine was over cooked. Husband really liked his. He really liked that Cesar salad as well. Sorry the picture is so blurry. I liked the welcome drink the best. Tasted like a blue Gatorade. I think I was still pretty full from Isla tacos and my churro. 

3E308D93-5BC3-4471-8387-4E71CC75C7FC.jpeg

E4385EC1-ACB6-435A-B6F8-E64B9026B648.jpeg

F19DAA60-5CCF-4AAA-8DC6-E981C9B54136.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

They also lay eggs on the east side of Cozumel. That’s why they don’t have electricity. The lights can distract the turtles and they just dump their eggs in the ocean. And they restrict access because a lot of countries have problems with people stealing turtle eggs.  They can even do it while the turtle is laying the eggs and she won’t know. She’ll cover up an empty hole and not even know it.

That seems sad.

Luis said they lay 150 eggs each year or whatever. I think with 150, I might just dump them too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Ordered French onion soup, Cesar salad and NY strips with potato and onion rings. Mine was over cooked. Husband really liked his. He really liked that Cesar salad as well. Sorry the picture is so blurry. I liked the welcome drink the best. Tasted like a blue Gatorade. I think I was still pretty full from Isla tacos and my churro. 

3E308D93-5BC3-4471-8387-4E71CC75C7FC.jpeg

E4385EC1-ACB6-435A-B6F8-E64B9026B648.jpeg

F19DAA60-5CCF-4AAA-8DC6-E981C9B54136.jpeg

How was your potato?

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Dessert options were creme brûlée or cheesecake. We tried both. Neither were great. This whole meal made me miss Carnival. I wanted their French onion soup and their creme brûlée. 

AF26AAFE-70F2-420A-9D21-2966732C52CE.jpeg

If you haven’t had JiJis creme brûlée you gotta try it. Blows the MDR away.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s a Mexican mix of ground chili, sea salt, and dehydrated lime juice. It’s pretty tasty. I like it sometimes around the rim of a Margarita instead of salt. 

Would you say it’s similar to this? Which, ironically, I just picked up at Trader Joe’s today.....

50D9732D-3800-4847-AFB0-91D374B015D1.jpeg

95C8B762-91BE-4B20-9B70-C9A7490A33CE.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, taznremmy said:

@blarko  what did you purchase it to use for?  Cooking or Margaritas?  @sid_9169  and C-19 has inspired me to cook more, so looking for ideas.  😁

My intention is to rim the glass on a margarita.  But i will find other uses for it as well. I love seasonings and experimenting with them on and in food.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blarko said:

My intention is to rim the glass on a margarita.  But i will find other uses for it as well. I love seasonings and experimenting with them on and in food.

I would recommend it on fruit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1