Planet Hollywood live-ish review

MeganGC1983

On 5/23/2021 at 9:47 PM, Saint Greg said:

They also lay eggs on the east side of Cozumel. That’s why they don’t have electricity. The lights can distract the turtles and they just dump their eggs in the ocean. And they restrict access because a lot of countries have problems with people stealing turtle eggs.  They can even do it while the turtle is laying the eggs and she won’t know. She’ll cover up an empty hole and not even know it.

That is very interesting and very sad that people steal the eggs. That’s awful but great the people care so much that they sacrifice power. Amazing. Thanks for sharing that Greg. 

• Like 2

Just got home and wanted to thank you all for going on vacation with us. I enjoy these reviews so much from others, so if anyone can vicariously travel and enjoy it through me than I’m happy to do so! 
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. 
Main take aways, we would go to Planet Hollywood again and probably take our kids. The resort was nice, great service, good food with good choices. Star class was worth it to us, and we would definitely book the swimout next time. I didn’t think we would use it, but we enjoyed it. It would be great if they offered a few more entertainment options. 
We will definitely go to Isla Mujeres again. Gorgeous place with lots of things to see and do. If you go, book a tour with Isla Driver Robby and ask for Luis!! 

I think that covers it! 
Thanks again y’all!! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Just got home and wanted to thank you all for going on vacation with us. I enjoy these reviews so much from others, so if anyone can vicariously travel and enjoy it through me than I’m happy to do so! 
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. 
Main take aways, we would go to Planet Hollywood again and probably take our kids. The resort was nice, great service, good food with good choices. Star class was worth it to us, and we would definitely book the swimout next time. I didn’t think we would use it, but we enjoyed it. It would be great if they offered a few more entertainment options. 
We will definitely go to Isla Mujeres again. Gorgeous place with lots of things to see and do. If you go, book a tour with Isla Driver Robby and ask for Luis!! 

I think that covers it! 
Thanks again y’all!! 

Thank YOU for taking us with you.  I think I enjoyed your vacation almost as much as you did.  You did a great job with your live review. Thanks again 🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

That is very interesting and very sad that people steal the eggs. That’s awful but great the people care so much that they sacrifice power. Amazing. Thanks for sharing that Greg. 

I saw a documentary...I think it was in costa rica....where volunteers grab the eggs and dig a new hole in a safe location to keep them from poachers. It's interesting if you ever see any of those turtle shows on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I saw a documentary...I think it was in costa rica....where volunteers grab the eggs and dig a new hole in a safe location to keep them from poachers. It's interesting if you ever see any of those turtle shows on.

Why do they steal them?  It may be a stupid question but I myself can’t think of any reason one would steal turtle eggs. 

6 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

For what though?  For people to have turtles?

Here a a couple excerpts from a good article about a decoy egg that was planted and followed in Costa Rica.

"Most poached sea turtle eggs are sold locally, often door-to-door as a seasonal treat. They’re also hawked in seaside bars, where the eggs are dashed with hot sauce and slurped down in a shot glass as a purported aphrodisiac."

"Most egg poachers along the coast live in poverty. Many are unable to find jobs. They poach and sell eggs to make enough money to feed themselves, or to keep up with substance abuse problems, Williams-Guillén says."

https://news.mongabay.com/2020/10/the-turtle-egg-that-pinged-back-tracing-a-poaching-pathway-in-costa-rica/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Here a a couple excerpts from a good article about a decoy egg that was planted and followed in Costa Rica.

"Most poached sea turtle eggs are sold locally, often door-to-door as a seasonal treat. They’re also hawked in seaside bars, where the eggs are dashed with hot sauce and slurped down in a shot glass as a purported aphrodisiac."

"Most egg poachers along the coast live in poverty. Many are unable to find jobs. They poach and sell eggs to make enough money to feed themselves, or to keep up with substance abuse problems, Williams-Guillén says."

https://news.mongabay.com/2020/10/the-turtle-egg-that-pinged-back-tracing-a-poaching-pathway-in-costa-rica/

That’s awful! And doesn’t sound appealing at all. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That is sad on all accounts. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m starting to miss the comedy club. Playlist isn’t cutting it on this “dirt ship” as my husband is calling it. He says this is a lot like a very spread out cruise. 😆

Love the term "dirt ship"!! LOL🤣

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Oh and @MeganGC1983 if I bring a cup like below do you think they would mind if I pour my drinks into it? They're plastic, have a lid and a straw. I have a bad habit of knocking over drinks 😆

download.jpg.66e8b2bf6283de23c65c3192f1e596dc.jpg

They will make drinks in anything. I don’t see any problem with it. Have a great trip! Let us know how it goes!! 

• Thanks 1